CAI Polish AKMS vs. CAI Yugo M70AB2T

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

CAI Polish AKMS vs. CAI Yugo M70AB2T

Guys, I'm planing on purchasing yet another AK so I have a choice of buying one of these two fine looking rifles. I know that the original M70AB2 was a great rifle but the new one "T" is made with a US 1mm receiver (unknown to who makes the receiver) and a US made non-Chrome lined barrel. Compared to the Polish AKMS with a NODAK Spud 1.5mm to 1.6mm arguably the best US made receiver and the same US made non-Chrome lined barrel. Well, which one should I go for? thanks allot guys
    WELCOME TO MY HOME
    THAT DOOR YOU JUST KICKED IN, WAS LOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION, NOT MINE!

Member #
    Liked
    275 times

Re: CAI Polish AKMS vs. CAI Yugo M70AB2T

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo650
    Guys, I'm planing on purchasing yet another AK so I have a choice of buying one of these two fine looking rifles. I know that the original M70AB2 was a great rifle but the new one "T" is made with a US 1mm receiver (unknown to who makes the receiver) and a US made non-Chrome lined barrel. Compared to the Polish AKMS with a NODAK Spud 1.5mm to 1.6mm arguably the best US made receiver and the same US made non-Chrome lined barrel. Well, which one should I go for? thanks allot guys
    The original CIA M70AB2 was made with a US receiver and US non-chrome lined barrel too. Main difference between the "T" and non "T" is the "T" has a standard 1mm receiver and non-bulged trunnion.

btw ... the Polish has a 1mm receiver. There isn't really a difference between the "T" receiver and the AKMS receiver expect for maybe the manufacturer. I'm not sure what CAI is using right now.
    WTB: E. German BC 1276 (have one to trade)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by mojo100
    The original CIA M70AB2 was made with a US receiver and US non-chrome lined barrel too. Main difference between the "T" and non "T" is the "T" has a standard 1mm receiver and non-bulged trunnion.

btw ... the Polish has a 1mm receiver. There isn't really a difference between the "T" receiver and the AKMS receiver expect for maybe the manufacturer. I'm not sure what CAI is using right now.
    Thanks allot for the info my friend, I was under the impression that Polish AKMS had a thicker receiver than any other AK variant
    WELCOME TO MY HOME
    THAT DOOR YOU JUST KICKED IN, WAS LOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION, NOT MINE!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    36 times

I would look closer at the current M70ab2's, I do believe they are non bulged trunnion and a 1mm receiver. The last M70ab2 I looked at wasn't as nice as the one I got 5 years ago.

Edit: anyway, looks like someone already covered this.
    Designating yourself as a type A personality only means you talk too much.

Member #
    Liked
    103 times

[Thanks allot for the info my friend, I was under the impression that Polish AKMS had a thicker receiver than any other AK variant
    The Warsaw Pact nations all made stamped receivers the same thickness as the Soviets - 1mm.

The Chinese used thicker receivers - 1.5 or 1.6 depending on who's measuring - and the Yugoslavians mostly used RPK receivers on their stamped rifles, which are thicker - 1.5mm IIRC.
    Practical not "tactical"

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors