New cell phone time. *update: got a Blackberry 8530 curve2*
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New cell phone time. *update: got a Blackberry 8530 curve2*

Well, fortunately for me the contract on my existing cell phone is up on the first of August - which is about 9 or so days away. I have been wanting to get a Blackberry phone for the longest time and I'll be a son of a gun if the local cell phone company isnt offering two different models of the blackberry phone at $.01 each with the purchase of a 2 year agreement and a $29.99 5GB data plan.

The two blackberries being offered are the:: 8530 Curve 2 and the 9330 curve. I can easily afford the data plan and the calling plan, but I am torn between the two phones.. What sayeth the AK forum about which one of the two blackberries I should get???

In the end, I want to end up with *one* blackberry.

BTW: If you can, please list the "pro's and cons" of each of the phones .

**Update:: Got a new blackberry 8530 Curve 2 . What apps do you suggest for it??**

Thanks in advance!
    Loving the transvestite lifestyle!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Re: New cell phone time... Going to let you guys help me dec

I have an 8530i. I have had this phone for about a year, and haven't had many problems with it. Internet is difficult to use because the screen is so small, and text messages often come as fragmented, multiple messages that I have to decipher. My biggest problem is with Nextel. I have had them for 7 years and reception is terrible. I can't complain too much though because my service is free.

My suggestion to you is to buy a Defender Series OtterBox for whichever model you get. It has saved my phone on multiple occasions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol'Sarge2K
    You can be all like "Do do do, I'm all cultured and shit, and then SURPRISE! Draco for your FACE!"

Member #
    Liked
    7848 times

Have a Verizon Droid X. Love it. It's like a little computer. I use it more often then my home pc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Iphone. Can't live without mine. Well maybe I could, but I'd miss it.
    Bakelite Junky Extraordinaire

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    69 times

Fuck all those smart phones, I dropped my Casio G'Zone off a thirty foot ladder, hit a brick sidewalk, bounced about a foot and dropped. I said to hell with the phone as I just figured it was dead and done and kept working as I didn't want to climb down the 30 feet to see. Sure as shit ten minutes later I hear my phone ringing. Not even a bad scratch and still works great today, waterproof and shock proof and free when you sign up for a new plan. Everyone I know with those other phones have had nothing but troubles, alot of my Arab buddies own them stores and all have nothing but troubles with those phones and their customers all come in with problems.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    133 times

i go the plain jane model. i hate phones and what they do to people.
    i still want to get a huge old 80's cell.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Turbothis
    i go the plain jane model. i hate phones and what they do to people.
    i still want to get a huge old 80's cell.

I know what ya mean there turbo.. . I'm using a "plain jane" Motorola VE20 right now myself... I used to hate cell phones too, til I got one and I started using it a lot.. I'm with you on though on hating what they do to some people, they make a lot of "not so level-headed" people even less "level headed" - particularly when they're driving while talking / texting..

Hehehe, I'm sure you could come up with one of those 80's cell phones on ebay or something ..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by MotorcityMan
    Fuck all those smart phones, I dropped my Casio G'Zone off a thirty foot ladder, hit a brick sidewalk, bounced about a foot and dropped. I said to hell with the phone as I just figured it was dead and done and kept working as I didn't want to climb down the 30 feet to see. Sure as shit ten minutes later I hear my phone ringing. Not even a bad scratch and still works great today, waterproof and shock proof and free when you sign up for a new plan. Everyone I know with those other phones have had nothing but troubles, alot of my Arab buddies own them stores and all have nothing but troubles with those phones and their customers all come in with problems.

WOW! Thats a heck of a hit for a phone to take and survive! I've seen phones break after a lot less than that. I used to have a QA30 that took quite a bit of abuse too, but survived every bit of it before it was finally stolen from me at my former job. I was using it for its camera feature to document my build work and at the time it was stolen it had every build pic on it that I ever took . Before it was stolen though, it took a lot of hits. Here's a bit of a "laundry list" of what all it went thru without breaking :::

Dropped onto pavement from above waist height (I'm almost 6' tall, that was a decent fall)
    Dropped onto the floor several times (hard / concrete floor)
    Picked up and used by me with wet hands (water)
    Picked up and used by me with greasy / oily / dirty hands
    THROWN over 70 feet (yes, I was *that* mad) and landed down on the ground / dirt
    Been covered (literally!) in sheetrock dust
    Been stepped on (at least once)
    Been picked up and used while fishing (and my hands were covered in fish slime and chicken liver blood)
    Left locked up in my car for three HOT summer days back in last year.

Surprisingly though, after all that it never had a stuck key or anything.. Although for a while the volume rocker button quit working from a lot of use because I used to listen to music a lot on my phone..

I'm sure there's lots more that poor little phone went thru before some idiot stole it from me... If ever any of you guys get the opportunity to get a Motorola QA30 "hint" - DO IT . They are tough little phones! I used to love my QA30 before it was stolen and I ended up with an older VE20 that I plan to trade up for a blackberry sometime around the first of August.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Why do you want a blackberry? The only advantage they have is off network texting. If you want a bombproof phone get a Motorola defy. Its a smart phone that is waterproof and scratch proof. A guy at work had a friend try to scratch the screen with a knife and it didnt work. His screen still looks like new. I have an iphone but still wish the screen was bigger. If you are paying for data service might as well get good use of it with a large touch screen.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogy
    Why do you want a blackberry? The only advantage they have is off network texting. If you want a bombproof phone get a Motorola defy. Its a smart phone that is waterproof and scratch proof. A guy at work had a friend try to scratch the screen with a knife and it didnt work. His screen still looks like new. I have an iphone but still wish the screen was bigger. If you are paying for data service might as well get good use of it with a large touch screen.
    I've been wanting a blackberry ever since I lost my QA30 to some thief.. That QA was the closest thing a guy could get to having a blackberry, just without the pricey data plan and *some* normal blackberry capabilities. Plus of course I could use a blackberry to keep in contact with my friends and business partner when I'm out and about . Not only that, but my local cell phone company's website says that the blackberry 8530 comes with Yahoo messenger and other IM apps that I frequently use to stay in touch with people .

I would love to have a phone that's as tough as the motorola defy . That would be great, but unfortunately I dont think they offer that around here .

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Never owned a cellphone.
    "Gentlemen! This is the war room! You can't fight in here!"

Dr. Strangelove

Member #
    Liked
    23 times

iphone4 . shot timer, ballistic tables, a app for everything u might want. I dunno how i lived w/o it.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

samsung epic

Member #
    Liked
    17225 times

iTrackU

its the newest thing.. its a racist pervert that ruins relationships

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    160 times

Quote Originally Posted by MotorcityMan
    I have a G'Zone and I carry on conversations with it in the shower if need be Every time somebody cracks a joke about my rather large and well armored phone I throw it to the ground and they are amazed. They quickly withdraw when I ask if we can test their smartphone the same way.
    ~ mr. kermit
    Fortuna Fortes Juvat
    "Whomever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously has never encountered automatic weapons."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors