Your Experiences with UPS...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Your Experiences with UPS...

Anyone else as of lately have any negative experiences with UPS? I recently got two packages thru them and both looked like they had been trampled on and crushed up pretty bad.. Good thing the sender used plenty of packaging materials to keep their stuff relatively safe.. Anybody else have this happen??

Let me know...
    Loving the transvestite lifestyle!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11351 times

Re: Your Experiences with UPS...

My experience with UPS has always been good, but its because of the driver. The last time I had a C&R rifle shipped to me, he came back around because he knows I work odd hours.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Super Duper Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    372 times

I've had mixed results over the years, now days I only ship priority mail with USPS and have had nothing but good luck. Trying to ship with the local UPS they always want to see a copy of an FFL so I just show them my 03.
    I'm expecting a nice FR-8 on friday I'll let you know how UPS does
    rt ds rt h
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Marketplace Rules
    Forum Rules

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    249 times

Generally, great. They're the only ones that will ship rifles without issue. I did pick up a package from K-Var and thankfully they packed it well. It looked like some retard just slugged it real hard. Twice and torn into the cardboard box. Too bad he didn't punch the ends. Chances are the cleaning rod would have embedded into his fist.
    "I have been persecuted but never prosecuted." Antony C. Sutton regarding his books. It's mildly amusing to see "Groupthink".

Member #
    Liked
    151 times

There is a UPS store in Martinsburg,WV if they suspect the package has anything gun related in it they refuse to send it .
    "Since the defense of our states and our country contemplates the militia fighting against organized armies of regular soldiers, then the argument of the gun-grabbers that regular citizens don't need assault weapons of the types designed for military use is clearly nonsense." The Liberty Tree

Member #
    Liked
    56 times

The only box I ever received that was damaged was a packing issue that I don't feel was UPSs fault. My UPS driver and I are on first name bases. He always seems to know when it is gun related and treats the package with care. He'll usually ask me what I'm working on now and always makes sure to give me shit when I order a case or two of ammo.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1547 times

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Onegin
    There is a UPS store in Martinsburg,WV if they suspect the package has anything gun related in it they refuse to send it .
    UPS stores are technically franchise owned and their policies for what they accept and not accept can be determined by the franchise store owner.

FWIW, most will not knowingly accept a firearm because they not insured and bonded to be a secure storage area while waiting for a hub truck to make the pickup. A package lost at a store that has not yet been scanned on to a truck is a issue between the franchise store owner and customer, not corporate UPS.

Now if they are refuse non-FFL related gun items, then that one particular store is just being a bunch of douche bags.

That being said, UPS as a whole is just no different than all the other private common carriers, all have their occasional fault but overall deliver decent service. If I was to pick one carrier overall, I am more satisfied with USPS. Their tracking system sucks but I have never lost anything with them.
    Veritas vos liberabit

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

+1 for USPS, never lost a package and the one time I was asked if there was a gun in my package, they just wanted to know it was unloaded and it was on it's way.

Member #
    Liked
    56 times

Usually very good. Once and a while when a vender packs the box like crap, it comes in rough shape or missing something.
    SO..ST..HJJC..WGU..WGD..WDEFA..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I don't think ups stores accept gun items, you have to go to the hub. Atleast that's how it is here.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Was one of the packages mine? ? ?
    Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured,
    but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

I have had good luck with UPS and USPS.
    FedEx Ground on the other hand, NEVER use FedEx ground unless you can afford to have your package destroyed or stolen!
    07 FFL SOT2, custom AK and AR builds, general gunsmithing, Parkerizing, Ceracoat, Gunkote.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times

Quote Originally Posted by turbocat
    FedEx Ground on the other hand, NEVER use FedEx ground unless you can afford to have your package destroyed or stolen!

Niiice.. I was just sent a Krink via that and I noticed it's ETA time has been delayed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Had a box of primers half-crushed when it was delivered and they left a box full of powder on my front door step for about 6 hours with "WARNING: DANGEROUS MAY EXPLODE" in big red letters on it when the neighbor kids are know to steal cool stuff left at front doors. They also deliver half my stuff to my neighbor down the street for some reason.
    Orwell was an optimist.

Member #
    Oklahoma dreaming of a Bakelite pool to swim in.
    Liked
    38 times

A few years ago when i lived in a downstairs apartment i was sitting on my porch smoking, i saw the UPS guy walk up with a package that was for the apartment above me. He stopped right in front of my apartment porch and threw the package up to the second floor apartment. I was sitting there with my mouth wide open in disbelief . If i can i will always try to have a package shipped through USPS, i have never had a problem with them and they are always days faster.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors