funny funny

Thread: funny funny

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    282 times

funny funny

this was left pinned to the bulletin board @ my gun club with my name in bold to read.
    "arms and the men"
    article in a local paper.
    by Max Boot.

...."the soviet union did not often make a product superior to the American alternative. Nobody in their right mind want to drive a pokey Lada over a speedy corvette....
    ...far more enduring, if more low tech was the development of the world's most ubiquitous firearm:ak47. Western experts initially dismissed this automatic rifle as crude and simplistic. As the new york times correspondent (and former marine) CJ Chivers explains "the gun" - the westeners were used to making with "precision tools that allowed the assembly lines to work within tight tolerances and mill part to an exact fit"
    Thats not how the AK-47 was constructed in Russia's primitive assembly plants by worked who no doubt consumed more vodka than was good for them.
    Anyone who removed the return spring from the AK would find that many parts, when not held by tension would slide and rattle ..Chivers wrote.
    Even on the test range, the AK was not particularly impressive, and its accuracy was inferior to the Western competitors.

HAHAH

Exactly how the winning design was created remains murky, but contrary to Soviet propaganda, its clear the Kalashnikov got plenty of help- not only from Russian Contructors, but (MORE EMBARASSING) from a captured German arms designer, Hugo Schmeisser.

anyhow, if i can scan the entire article it would be better, you will have a better laugh.

it was only that page, and i dont know which local paper it was printed in. I would love to meet the author...

Member #
    Liked
    42 times

Re: funny funny

This has actually been discussed a few times in recent past since the release of the Chivers book. A lot of folks kind of knew there was more to the story of the creation of the Kalashnikov rifle than what was commonly released.

I'd imagine in time, there will be more factual information that comes out which shows Kalashnikov didn't have quite the hand in the rifle that most would believe.

grp

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Chivers is a typical NYT reporter, half researched and all rumor then print.
    Woman! Where is my super suit!
    If I have any bad photobucket images, please send me a PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

why you?
    "Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    282 times

because AKs are only used by 2 groups of people- terrorists and drunk Russian guys who are too stupid to figure out that he is holding a shitty stamped POS.

thats ok. i just got an email from my high power league sectretary. I took 3rd marksman in my category with my shitty ass stamped Vepr 5.45.

all those guys can suck it

Name: -----------------
    Total 4014 480 83.625
    Best6 4014 480 83.625 3rd Marksman - $60
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xx

Member #
    Liked
    460 times

'Anyone who removed the return spring from the AK would find that many parts, when not held by tension would slide and rattle ..Chivers wrote.'

I have a 1500 dollar 1911 that slides and rattles with the spring out - must be a crude chunk of garbage. What an asshole.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Opinions are like @$$holes, everybody has one. Doesn't make it good or bad, they just have one. It's funny how some of the simplest things work the best. And without a doubt the AK roots IMHO come from the Stg 44 just like the Beretta 92 roots come from the P38.

Sponsors