AK Rifles banner

Anyone bought from Ohio Rapid Fire lately?

3K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Jicky 
#1 ·
I am thinking about getting a 74 kit from them (or someone). It seems they don't update the website regularly. Any recent experience info is appreciated.

#3 ·
I bought a 74 kit from them about 3 months ago. When it came the rear stock had a gouge in it. Called them they said no problem, send it back and well get another out. Very pleased with the service I recieved and especially the frendliness of thier customer service reps. You can tell they care about thier reputation and thier customers. Would rate them as the best of all the businesses I have ordered from, (and thats alot)!

#5 ·
I bought a bunch of mags from them online. I got a phone call from them the next day saying their credit card server thing didn't read part of my card. No problems though, I gave them the part they didn't have and received my mags a couple days later. Friendly customer service and got everything I ordered quickly.

#10 ·
Ironmike223 said:
From what I gather, they've been a little pre occupied trying to collect a $40K debt from a former employee/distributor. That may be why they haven't updated as often.
[cough]AkronArmory[cough] I wish them good luck in collecting that debt. 'Wolfsburg' Bob Williams reportedly filed for bankruptcy last Friday http://www.ohiorapidfire.com/announceakron.htm

BTW ORF charged my card last Thursday for a kit purchase I made last Wednesday night....I will update when it arrives :smile:

#11 ·
I bought Yugo mags from them a couple of weeks ago. Received a call that they didn't receive all of my credit card information. I received the magazines in GREAT order only a few days later.

Great people to deal with, IMO.

I did have an issue with them with respect to warranty work on a ORF built AK74, but they made good on it eventually.

#24 ·
I just got my third kit from them on Monday. This one was the 74s with the Russian stock. Came with 1 new RPK74 mag, 1 new Izhvesk plum mag and for the first time a new sling. Was very pleased, I was expecting a trashed bakelight mag not a brand spanken new one! The kit will make good fodder for a Russian clone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.