• 2 Post By TJCtalon
  • 1 Post By MPiKM-72
  • 1 Post By Weaponmark

Thread: Photos in old threads

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Photos in old threads

This is by far the best AK forum for information on this platform.

I just wish there was something we could do as far as pictures are concerned? There are tons of pictures that dont show up, or that are blurry. If we could solve this, it would make this site even better. Is this something the original poster has to redo?

Nothing the forum itself can do about it?

I just want to be able to see everything!
    elbee57 and howiebearse like this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Hi there,

Sometimes photo issues are only as good as the quality they're uploaded in. That being said, if you run into examples of missing or broken image links or other concerns please let us know with links so we can look into improving the site.

Gerrit

Member #
    Liked
    6744 times
    Often times it does rely on the original user to restore photos.

Many users chose to use photobucket. At one point photobucket went off the rails in their business practices.

I used to use a free imageshack account. All the pictures and links I uploaded during the years that it was "free" were deleted by imageshack. I still have most of the photos I posted. In some cases I have made the time to upload them again in the original thread.

I now have a pay imageshack account. So far it has been pretty stable and reliable. I think I pay $24 a year.

Members come and go. In some cases we will never again see the pictures they posted.
    howiebearse likes this.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    I post Photos from my computer files I save hundreds of photos as I study the different forums. This is the best forum and its easier to have photos that you can upload direct from your own files. some other forums require a other place to get photos from. They most always loose the photos over time so someone referring to a good post will not be able to see what is being posted for photos. keep up the good work here.
    11th air assault div 63 65 1st bn abn 8th cav 1st cav vietnam 65 66 11th special forces group 70-74 major sks and ak collector ammunition collector

Member #
    Liked
    1067 times
    I have to give this site a BIG thumbs up for photo hosting. I don't like posting firearm pictures on public sites, and having a firearm site that has a photo host it fantastic!

Member #
    Liked
    1900 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TJCtalon View Post
    This is by far the best AK forum for information on this platform.

I just wish there was something we could do as far as pictures are concerned? There are tons of pictures that dont show up, or that are blurry. If we could solve this, it would make this site even better. Is this something the original poster has to redo?

Nothing the forum itself can do about it?

I just want to be able to see everything!
    You have to be a part of the site and save the images yourself as well. We have had everything from banned members removing images to hosting companies shutting down, personal web servers going tits up, and simple directory changes affecting images from 15 years ago.... Nothing is forever so save what you like as it may be handy years later.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.
    Want to buy:
    1966 East German AKM kit
    TYPE 1 kit
    North Korean kit
    Serbian M76 sniper vest (M-99 A3)

If I was not on some government watch list, I'd be insulted.

Sponsors