Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 1956 Polish Fighting Knife

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11988 times

1956 Polish Fighting Knife

I've been looking for a good one for some time now, and finally snagged this a few weeks ago. made in 1956 at the Polish Radom factory, these were supposedly issued to Paratroopers. This example is brand spanking new, and still has cosmoline on the blade. If anyone has one of these used or new, post some pics.

KWE, MacSr63, Nopec and 19 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

AZG

Member #
    Liked
    575 times

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    Very nice

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    218 times
    I have exactly like that one. It is tucked away in storage right now so sorry no pics. Same condition and year got it about 10 years ago.

Member #
    Liked
    8212 times
    Never ever heard of these

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    10Gauge likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    I have one also. I also need the version with the small metal tag on back of hanger. I Think marked 1955.

Plus its brother the actual paratroopers with the blunt tip, also having some slight variations as well. Must have Polish mil collectables for sure.

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Such pattern knives were/are also in use in a special unit of the polish border protection force, also, the police, and, were manufacturded in 1955, 1956, and, 1957.

Heres an NŻ STURMOWY "Wz.55.", showing the rivited hanger/"frog".

2195.jpg2196.jpg2197.jpg2198.jpg
    Im interested in trench knives of WWI, combat knives of WWII, also, in "modern" Military combat and utility knives, (favored knives of the states of the former Warsaw Pact).

Member #
    Liked
    370 times
    One should note that leather hangers for these fighting knives are similar to, but different from, the Polish AK47 bayonets from the same time period. According to Polish authorities on the subject, the hilt loop on the knife hanger is lower and wraps around the hilt just above the narrow cross guard. The hilt loop on the bayonet hanger is considerably higher due to the much wider cross guard that contains the bayonet locking mechanism. The hanger pictured in JoeMamma's original post is correct for the knife. The hanger in the last pictures above is for the bayonet and is incorrect for the knife. Note that the higher hilt strap is pulled too tight because of the palm swell on the knife. The hilt on the bayonet has straight narrower sides. More comparison pictures of the different hangers on request.

Just say'in ......... small technical issue observation.... for analytical members. Unique knives! Great info and pictures! M.
    GeneStoner and otus like this.

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Thx. for comment, and, input !

Cheers,
    R.
    Mr. B. likes this.
    Im interested in trench knives of WWI, combat knives of WWII, also, in "modern" Military combat and utility knives, (favored knives of the states of the former Warsaw Pact).

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. B. View Post
    One should note that leather hangers for these fighting knives are similar to, but different from, the Polish AK47 bayonets from the same time period. According to Polish authorities on the subject, the hilt loop on the knife hanger is lower and wraps around the hilt just above the narrow cross guard. ...

2448.jpg2447.jpg2446.jpg

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5904 times
    Gorgeous!!!
    "When government takes away citizen's rights to bear arms it becomes citizen's duty to take away governments right to govern" ~ George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I have one also. I also need the version with the small metal tag on back of hanger. I Think marked 1955.

Plus its brother the actual paratroopers with the blunt tip, also having some slight variations as well. Must have Polish mil collectables for sure.
    ...2452.jpg2451.jpg2450.jpg
    otus and Mr. B. like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11988 times
    Airborne riggers knife?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    Yep the metal tagged one I was talking about. Now someone needs to post pic of the wz69 demolition knife which is also automatic knife. I picked up a nice one last year with fully intact fire starting flint material. If I could only find manual for it now. Nice stuff!

Yep the blunt tip is basically riggers knife. Man this is turning out to be great thread!
    Last edited by Enoch; 08-30-2016 at 08:01 PM.
    JoeMomma and Mr. B. like this.

Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    ... Now someone needs to post pic of the wz69 demolition knife which is also automatic knife. ...
    The wz.69. is a really impressive knive, far away from an common pocket knife !

2457.jpg2458.jpg2459.jpg2460.jpg2461.jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors