Found EDMF smatchet today at gunshow
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pwcosol

Thread: Found EDMF smatchet today at gunshow

Member #
    Liked
    67 times

Found EDMF smatchet today at gunshow

I have wanted a EDMF knife for about 10 years. Back when I first found them they had a 3 year wait list.
    I never placed an order.
    I went to a small rural gunshow today. Was about to leave, but wanted to walk down one isle again.
    A knife dealer there had some stuff hanging on the wall. I had already looked his stuff over, but missed the items on the wall earlier.
    Well, I seen the handle, and black handmade sheath. I ask how much, was told $60. I got it down and it is the 11.5 inch Smatchet blade!
    It has the D handle with teeth on the bow. Now I almost always haggle, cant help myself, call me thrifty. Not this time, I had a hard time getting the money out of my wallet without showing how excited I was. Cant help but think I could have got it for 50 though.
    I get lucky at shows every now and then. Sometimes something big, sometimes no so big but really cool.
    I have a hard time posting pics, but will try to post one at some point over the weekend.

Member #
    Liked
    434 times
    Great find at a bargain price! About five years back I was looking for a EDMF D-Knuckle guard for the MPBS M9 bayonet. Found out the owner was in ill health for several years, and the business was closed down. However, about a year later got a email they were back in operation. In the interim I got the pictured USMC (with EGA on the ricasso) M9 bayonet from a friend. Interestingly, the guard has "USMC" cast into the right side of the bow & "Baghdad 2003" on the left side. Although this bayonet is a commercial piece, I had heard EDMF sent about 10 of these guards to the USMC when they were holding trials for a new bayonet around 2002-3. This ultimately resulted in the Ontario OKC 3S being adopted by the Marines. I believe this guard may have been one of those, as they ultimately were returned to the submitter as were those bayonet offerings declined by The Corps. I later acquired another EDMF guard as well without the markings and it has black para-cord wrapped around the hilt.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by pwcosol; 04-23-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    russian_bot_5791 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17876 times
    nice score!

now show pics
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Sponsors