Cold Steel Voyager
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cold Steel Voyager

Member #
    Liked
    33 times

Cold Steel Voyager

I composed a long and witty post a couple nights ago, then events intervened, and it was no more.

The gist of it was this:

I had a tanto point medium Voyager. It was sleek, strong, faster in the hand than a paycheck goin' away.

I lost it.

I ordered another one (clip point though)off the internet.

Disappointment.

Apparently, they changed the voyager. It was fat as Kirstie Alley at bedtime on Thanksgiving, too big for "I don't know it's there" carry. The blade seems "fragile".

My heart, she is broken.
    A J likes this.
    I've recently decided that I'm Irish. I mean....why else would I love red-headed women and Irish whiskey so much?

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    No one? Nobody wants to talk about knives? Listen to me complain?
    I've recently decided that I'm Irish. I mean....why else would I love red-headed women and Irish whiskey so much?

Member #
    Liked
    473 times
    I just got my GF's eldest son this Tanto bladed PK for his 15th

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    It takes up WAY more of the width of my pocket, the new lock is not a positive in my opinion- it does not release easily like the previous one. Sometimes I have to forget about what ever main task I was trying to do and make a conscious effort to get the lock to release so that I can close the knife, then go back to whatever I was doing previously. The percieved thinness of the clip point blade does not inspire confidence.

I like what I like. I like the old knife much better for the purpose I used it for: a small, but strong enough to be useful knife that I could carry in all situations.

But that's just me.

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    I have carried an old Voyager for many years. Three weeks ago I lost it. Fortunately it turned up in the laundry. In the meantime though, I looked around at various knives as a replacement. I checked out the new Voyager, and I can understand why it seems so different. I must say that I liked the feel and shape about the old one better. I liked the improved lock, the only objection was the feel of it. Much of that was likely familiarity, but I can understand Scapegoat762's dislike.

Fortunately I found my knife, but if I do loose it for real I'm not too sure the replacement would be a new Voyager.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    So we all agree? Carrying a good pocketknife makes you feel more like George Patton, less like Boy George.

Cool!
    Metal Dave likes this.

7n6
    Banned

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Cold Steel Rajah II. That is a real bad ass fighting blade. They make a smaller Rajah III for the nanny states as well.

Member #
    Liked
    513 times
    I am partial to Spyderco knives like the Endura model, I had a CS Voyager and gave it to the wife, it had nothing on the Spyderco, You might check those out to replace your knife in the future Spyderco Endura4 FRN They can be found under $60 many places.
    "I was rather hostile to a reduced calibre being used by us. Even now, I am still convinced that the 7.62 is the best" M. Kalashnikov

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scapegoat762 View Post
    I composed a long and witty post a couple nights ago, then events intervened, and it was no more.

The gist of it was this:

I had a tanto point medium Voyager. It was sleek, strong, faster in the hand than a paycheck goin' away.

I lost it.

I ordered another one (clip point though)off the internet.

Disappointment.

Apparently, they changed the voyager. It was fat as Kirstie Alley at bedtime on Thanksgiving, too big for "I don't know it's there" carry. The blade seems "fragile".

My heart, she is broken.
    You can do better than AUS-8, or Cold Steel for that matter.
    WTS: Non-matching Bulgarian Type 3 kits

Member #
    Liked
    18895 times
    So your Voyager got Lost In Space? Sorry to hear...

not sorry about the puns though
    Metal Dave likes this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    I carried a delica many years ago. The tip snapped off when I dropped it on a tile floor. I was underwhelmed. Spyderco's big claim to fame was quick opening with the hole in the blade, which other makers have come up with their own version of. AUS-8 seems to hold a pretty good edge, I'm sure there are better steels, but it works for me.

Member #
    Liked
    2155 times
    Little Gun and a big knife.016.JPG

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Cold Steel's Tuff Lite is a "best buy" in my opinion. It's about $30. shipped from EBay. It's a robust knife with a strong lock & it feels great in the hand. Uses AUS8-A steel.

A J

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Scapegoat762,

Did you ever find the correct replacement for your lost Cold Steel Voyager? If not, keep checking on Ebay. People are always listing old, out-of-stock stuff. I play drums and have been able to get all sorts of cool stuff to match my existing drums. I'm sure you could probably pick up the Voyager you're looking for probably less than you think.

A J

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scapegoat762 View Post

It was fat as Kirstie Alley at bedtime on Thanksgiving, too big for "I don't know it's there" carry. The blade seems "fragile".
    Ha Ha Ha!!!!! That's a classic!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors