Post Your Combat Knifes! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Post Your Combat Knifes!

Member #
    Liked
    426 times
    IMHO the knife is too far gone to be considered "collectable", so would be a good candidate to do whatever you want.

Member #
    Liked
    274 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pwcosol View Post
    IMHO the knife is too far gone to be considered "collectable", so would be a good candidate to do whatever you want.
    Very true.....here is it in all it's sadness:

This space for rent

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11113 times
    Needs a bit of oil....
    VietIraqVet likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1751 times
    A couple WWII German knives and I threw in a few related items.

Iron Cross 1st Class 1939 Medal, manufactured by Eisernes Kreuz I Klasse. On September 1st, 1939 Hitler reinstituted the Iron Cross series of awards. The first class medal was awarded to personnel who performed three to five acts of bravery in combat, and had already been awarded the Iron Cross 2nd class. The obverse of the award features an embossed, central, canted, swastika with the re-institution date, "1939", to the bottom arm. Below the Iron Cross is a 1939 Woolen SS Armband.

Luftwaffe Paratrooper Gravity Take-Down Knife. The blade release activator is numbered “1”, as well as “539”. The marlin spike and the waffenamt with the stick bird has a “5” in his belly. The Reverse Ricasso has the seated king trademark. The king holds an upward pointed sword, while sitting on the firm’s initials, “S.M.F.” (Solingen Metallwaren Fabrik). Beneath this in an arch shape is the town, “Solingen”, and beneath this the German word for stainless steel, “Rostfrei”.

Early pattern (pre-1937) Hitler Youth Knife (German: Hitler-Jugend-Fahrtenmesser). The Hitler Youth Knife was a knife sold to and carried by boys of the paramilitary youth organization of the Nazi Party that existed from 1922 to 1945. The Hitler Youth wore knives as part of their uniform, which was very similar to those worn by the Sturmabteilung or SA. The knife was also given to those who performed exceptionally well in minor exams.

On the Obverse side, the knife has black-checkered grips with the HJ emblem embedded and the blade has the "Blut und Ehre!" (Blood and Honor) motto. The iconic kissing cranes logo for the Klaas firm in Solingen is stamped horizontally on the Reverse Observe side of the blade, along with "GESETZL. GESCHUTZT" (patent pending) stamped below that. Inscribed on the tang is likely the original owners name, which was common. There is no Ricasso on the early Hitler Youth Knife’s like this one but the later variations did have a Ricasso.

JoeMomma likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Here's a few of mine:

L to R, Bulgarian Arsenal Combat Knife, Surplus Ka-Bar/USN Mark 2, WW2 blade marked Camillus Mark 2 with Victory Plastics scabbard, Glock Field Knife that I took to Iraq, Chris Reeve Green Beret that I took to Afghanistan and lastly, my own take on the M-1918 Trench Knife, made from an M7 bayonet.

The screws came out of the Tek-Lok on the Green Beret scabbard whilst I was out and about, so I secured the whole thing with zip ties.

Member #
    Liked
    579 times
    My fistfull of old school whoop-ass. The most awesome combat knife design ever issued by the military.

Trenchknife.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    810 times
    AGREED!

WTB Chinese milled type 56 spiker parts kit with stubs

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11113 times
    Nice! I've been looking for a good example of the "knuckle duster" for many a year, but when I find them, they are about as expensive as some pistols.

MississippiRifleman, how did you make your trench knife?
    MacSr63 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    579 times
    A 1918ish Trench Knife I put together from the handle of an old Japanese 60s-70s repro (the old ones are very similar to the originals and are made of solid brass), a Damascus blade (wider and longer than the original), and a exact repro of an original pommel nut. This was supposed to go to Iraq some years back, but the soldier I made it for went with something lighter.

DSCN2045.JPG

Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    Nice! I've been looking for a good example of the "knuckle duster" for many a year, but when I find them, they are about as expensive as some pistols.

MississippiRifleman, how did you make your trench knife?
    I started out with a crappy Chinese copy of the Trench Knife that had little bitty finger holes, so I "wallered 'em out" with my Dremel until I could fit my digits in there without getting stuck. I then put a cutoff wheel on the Dremel and lopped off the "ears" of the handguard so that it would fit in the bayonet scabbard.

I disassembled the bayonet, and cut the tang right above the pommel/latch assembly, and smoothed it out with a sanding drum on the Dremel, taking the finish off with it. Then I tacked a 1/4-20 bolt into the gap between the ends of the tang, making sure it was good and straight by laying the whole thing out on a steel table before hitting it with the tack welds. I ground the welds flush and then blasted the whole thing in the blast cabinet before Parkerizing it in manganese phosphate.

I drilled the top of the knuckle duster to accept the tang bolt so that I wouldn't have to grind the bolt flat and mess up the threads, then painted the knucks in Brownell's AlumaHyde black and let it cure.

I bead blasted the bright brass pommel nut and painted the bayonet scabbard in OD green, then assembled the whole shebang once everything was dry.

I recently found two more knuckle handles, much better copies than this one, and I'm casting about for a couple of beat up old M7 bayonets to refine this concept a bit.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11113 times
    Sounds like a cool project. If you do another one, post it here, I'd love to see it.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    McNett

"The badge of rank an officer wears on his coat is really a symbol of servitude to his men." GEN Maxwell Taylor

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    I don't have anything too crazy,just a K-bar and an SRK.
    IMG_1794.JPG

Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    A couple of mine. Two Spartan knives, the George dagger and the Difensa, and my Randall.

Member #
    Liked
    240 times
    These are my 3 favorites:

I like them all and I take them with me wherever I may roam.
    "odio vitae semper dissolubilis"

"Ludo mentis sciem"

"Senecta aetas viresque, atque perfidium expugnat"

"sic semper purgamentus Yugo kalashnikov! Tempus orbem ad excoquam eorum et dimittetur eis!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsors