Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Rhodie Halbek Devices at DSA

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4419 times

Rhodie Halbek Devices at DSA

Apparently DSA "found" a box of Rhodie/SA Halbek muzzle devices for the R1 FAL. Popped up last night, ran out, More at 0400 this morning, missed those too. Then more showed up after 0900 and I snagged one.

Always wanted one of these for my Rhodie-numbered R1, especially after seeing Ian at Forgotten Weapons get all amazed after trying one out. If you want one and they're out, sign up for the email notification, that's how it worked for me.
    MPiKM-72 and ltdan541 like this.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    531 times
    Out again but they will notify when they have more.
    Usually the way it goes when I have some extra dollars things sell out.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4419 times
    Hope others can get in on this, dedicated Rhodie owners know the Halbek device is a real cool piece of history. I don't have a full auto R1 to see how it works as intended, but I thought Ian's video was interesting since he's trying it this way. I enjoy his range videos far more than those filmed from a table at Davidson's.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/testing-the-halbek-device/
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    531 times
    I love Ian's videos because I always learn something new. When I saw the video about the Halbek device I started looking for one.

Just had an Email they have more in stock.
    I ordered one.
    Thanks for the heads up AZAK.
    Last edited by fussbudget; 04-03-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    531 times
    The Halbek device came today and it is an original one welded not cast.
    Pretty cool to find a rather hard to find piece of Rhodesian FAL history.
    Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4419 times
    Yeah, got mine too. Now the question is, which of the two mounting positions is for left- vs right-handed shooters?
    fussbudget likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    531 times
    Ian's video shows the right side blocked off and he is a lefty.
    Larry Vickers is a righty and his has the left side blocked off in his video.
    Guess I'll try both ways for the heck of it.
    Its in a lot better shape than I expected.

There is one on gunbroker already.
    Last edited by fussbudget; 04-11-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4419 times
    OK, that was my best guess. Haven't tried shooting it yet, maybe next week. Won't be able to shoot f/a like Ian so the effect may not be noticeable. Seems like the main advantage would be shooting bursts or f/a off of a rest that prevented downward movement.

Member #
    Liked
    531 times
    Who knows for sure but it did look like Ian had the gun pushing down on him in FA.
    Semi I doubt it would make much difference.

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Pretty sure Larry's wrong handed as well. He just shoots righty when he has to.
    Budoka34

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Member #
    Liked
    531 times
    That may be.

Member #
    Liked
    6293 times
    Budoka34 and 43m1garand like this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    477 times
    I think these are really cool but I don't know if I have ever seen a pic of a Troopie with one strapped on his combo device. I'm sure there may be some pics of them in action out there, it's just I have never seen one. Apparently they weren't used too awful much and only for a short period of time. I'll still buy one if I see one for sale one day, probably LOL. I put a SA carry handle on mine even though a lot of them got chopped off.

43m1garand and fussbudget like this.

Member #
    Liked
    531 times
    Yeah they may have not been a popular item but there has to be a finite number of these made so for $117 bucks I felt it was worth it.
    One day this may be a $500 part.
    There was one on GB for $288.00.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fussbudget View Post
    Yeah they may have not been a popular item but there has to be a finite number of these made so for $117 bucks I felt it was worth it.
    One day this may be a $500 part.
    There was one on GB for $288.00.
    Oh you can bet your ass they will be. My friend texted me a few days ago and told me DSA had them. I didn't even bother looking on their site because I figured they were selling them for $300 and had machined and welded them up themselves. If I had known they were original and priced what they were I would have tried to get one, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors