Messed up bayonet

Member #
    Liked
    202 times

Messed up bayonet/adapter?

****EDIT****EDIT****EDIT****
    SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION ROBERT RTG ADAPTER IS NOT OUT OF SPEC, THE BAYONET HAS SLIGHT PLAY IN THE BOTTOM NOT ALLOWING THE CATCH TO PERFORM AS IT SHOULD. I NEVER BLAMED ROBERT RTG BUT I WANTED TO BE CLEAR THAT THEIR PART IS GOOD TO GO.

So I can't get the bayonet to mount on my ptr and it's because the part you press and depress will not engage correctly. If I hit it with a rubber mallet it will work kinda but otherwise its stuck. I suspect theres a plunger and spring of some sort tilted or something along with gunk. How do I take this piece apart to fix?

Attached is the photo of what I'm talking about.

http://imgur.com/qzG6yzz

I seemed to have fix that issue by rockin and rollin a little micro screw driver in there lol, but the bayonet will still not mount.

http://imgur.com/s93itJ5

The bayonet seems to be to large to go in. The plunger on adapter moves up and down freely with screw driver or whatever your using to press, but the bayonet gets stuck. It will slide over the muzzle device with no problem so it's not getting stuck there.
    Last edited by Pookie; 06-15-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    If anyone knows what's going on or at least somewhat, I would love to hear it. I'm guess the adapter is out of spec but who knows, maybe the bayonet is, or just broken (even though it appears to be fine).

Member #
    Liked
    1998 times
    Do you know if the adapter is from an original licensed Hk factory or did PTR make it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Not sure, it came from Robert rtg, they said it was German made but who knows, they also said rarely do they have problems with them. We spoke on email and they said they would replace it, but the bayonet may be the actual issue right? I mean it would make more sense that it is the adapter, but without a known working adapter to try it on one can't be certain.
    Last edited by Pookie; 06-14-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    I found the culprit, bayonet is fucked lol. It's almost unnoticeable but theres a slight play in bottom piece that hold the catch. The catch will not move freely when the bottom piece gets slightly tilted. It's really hard to explain but 100% the bayonet fault.

Sponsors