No love for the PTR91 anymore?
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: No love for the PTR91 anymore?

Member #
    Liked
    232 times

I was trying to trade off one on a couple of local to me sites. Brand new in the box with 12 surplus mags. The offers I've gotten are absolutely ridiculous. Have people gone full retard, or do they just not appreciate the PTR, maybe the love is amongst a small crowd? I really have no idea, but common sense should tell you that a Ruger AR556 is not of equal value, not even close.

Am I alone in the dark with a crack pipe on this one?

Member #
    Liked
    2734 times
    Depends on the model, and does yours have the paddle mag release?

Member #
    Liked
    94 times

Doesnít seem to be popular much anymore. But they arenít equal to a Ruger AR15 for sure. Lots of surplus parts have dried up fir them also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by ezveedub; 04-21-2019 at 02:50 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut308 View Post
    Depends on the model, and does yours have the paddle mag release?
    Yes it has the paddle release. The model is GI-R with the green furniture. I think I bought it almost a year ago. I have never fired it. I cleaned and lubed, bought some mags, and that's about it lol.

It was a great idea at the time. I'm just more into AK's, plus that is the only 308 I have. I would prefer not to start buying 308 ammo. I don't know but I kinda buy things chambered the same. I've pretty much sold everything off that isnt regular old 762, 556, 22lr, and 9mm.
    Last edited by Pookie; 04-21-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1404 times
    You have booger eaters in your watering hole.

Expand your horizons and go beyond these people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    scottyb and MPiKM-72 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PRDUBI View Post
    You have booger eaters in your watering hole.

Expand your horizons and go beyond these people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm in Central Florida, I think theres far more than just booger eating going on. I have a pond in my yard and it is brown.

On a side note I just bought an RH10. The Polish mags I tried don't click when inserted but seem to be in there pretty solid, Magpuls of course are fine. I hope my Bakelites work or I'll be shit out of luck lol. I don't own many Magpul.
    Last edited by Pookie; 04-21-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    812 times
    I have one.

Among the most fun rifles I own, love slapping the handle.

I got tons of mags for it for a few bucks a piece and almost all the accessories the surplus websites had.

A long time ago I got an HK bolt and carrier that cycle this plastic ammo, which was really cheap, bought several thousands of rounds of the stuff.

Its basically like shooting a 22, and is super accurate out to like 50 yards.

above picture is from google.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by KSlay1988; 04-21-2019 at 04:47 PM.
    scottyb, MPiKM-72 and JeepFan like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4881 times
    I love mine, although it does not get a lot of love due to rotation of other bang sticks.

Keep that thing, they are great shooters and you may need that .308 round one day.

Mine is set up similar to Kslays but I have the rail for an updated optics option.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    812 times
    I have one of those MFI rails on mine now too. I run an eotech xps2 on it. Brings the weight to just under a ton.

scottyb likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10006 times
    PTRs were up and down for a bit in terms of quality, but anything made in the past few years should be good to go. It's still a pretty good option in the auto .308 market, though AR308s have started to reverse some of that trend. Only thing is it's definitely a battle rifle and I don't know of anything harder on brass than a roller locked firearm -- and in .308 that can be a big deal!

I enjoy mine, but rarely shoot it.

g3_092416_1.jpg
    MPiKM-72 and JeepFan like this.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

©Daedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    309 times
    Part of it may be the climate there is like Honduras and El Salvador. In those countries they found a flaw with the H&K type rifles. As the front trunion is pressed in, there is no easy way to clean under it with out compressed air. Thusly they found some rusting out from the inside out. It only became apparent when the barrels flew out of the gun during firing.

H&K has spent big bucks suppressing this info to the General Public. Only way I found out about it was I worked for H&K then doing Military/LEO demonstrations. I also talked to the guy that was an armorer for the CONTRAS and he was the one that took the pictures and sent them to H&K wanting to know a fix for it. Typical big gun company answer was junk them and buy more of their product. He did NOT like the answer and told them so.

For desert and the arctic they are the best. For jungles, not so much. Just be sure to flush the forward area with solvent and then blow it out and oil. The oil will suck in as long as it isn't too thick.
    scottyb, otus and 10Gauge like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10006 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk45 View Post
    Part of it may be the climate there is like Honduras and El Salvador. In those countries they found a flaw with the H&K type rifles. As the front trunion is pressed in, there is no easy way to clean under it with out compressed air. Thusly they found some rusting out from the inside out. It only became apparent when the barrels flew out of the gun during firing.

H&K has spent big bucks suppressing this info to the General Public. Only way I found out about it was I worked for H&K then doing Military/LEO demonstrations. I also talked to the guy that was an armorer for the CONTRAS and he was the one that took the pictures and sent them to H&K wanting to know a fix for it. Typical big gun company answer was junk them and buy more of their product. He did NOT like the answer and told them so.

For desert and the arctic they are the best. For jungles, not so much. Just be sure to flush the forward area with solvent and then blow it out and oil. The oil will suck in as long as it isn't too thick.
    Funny you should mention that, given how often they show up in Africa. Seem to be one of those rifles that sticks around forever despite looking like a rusted junker.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

©Daedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KSlay1988 View Post
    I have one.

Among the most fun rifles I own, love slapping the handle.

I got tons of mags for it for a few bucks a piece and almost all the accessories the surplus websites had.

A long time ago I got an HK bolt and carrier that cycle this plastic ammo, which was really cheap, bought several thousands of rounds of the stuff.

Its basically like shooting a 22, and is super accurate out to like 50 yards.

above picture is from google.
    I wanted a for grip and bipod like your setup. I havent been to find any green ones reasonably priced though. I'm sure one day I'll stumble across one.

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I love mine, although it does not get a lot of love due to rotation of other bang sticks.

Keep that thing, they are great shooters and you may need that .308 round one day.

Mine is set up similar to Kslays but I have the rail for an updated optics option.
    Keeping the rifle is pretty much the conclusion I've come too. I refused sale because I don't need the money, and I hadn't gotten any good trade offers so screw it. I really don't need another AK anyway.
    Last edited by Pookie; 04-21-2019 at 06:43 PM.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1053 times
    I shot one once. I felt every single part slowly and forcefully move in the gun. It was so unergonimic and shitty feeling i never feel like I need to shoot one again....
    otus likes this.
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors