No love for the PTR91 anymore? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: No love for the PTR91 anymore?

PAD

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    To the guy above I would start lifting weights. The roller block design as virtually no recoil at all. You're always going to find some people looking for a deal that's not the same one you have in your own mind honestly since you've never even fired the rifle it's worth what you paid for it unless the company has lower the price point on the unit from what you paid it's sort of Hit or Miss who when the tire kickers come along I want to lowball you you know you swear to have to just ignore it people be people. 2 2 3 5 5 6 it is what it is and the market is flooded but a 308 Caliber is just a different Beast. This pattern rifle and Design everyone should have one in the safe they're terrific parts are readily available for them and the chances of needing two parts are basically slim and none but if you need extras you can get them. Good luck

PAD

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    So much for using the speaker phone for typing purposes it's really supposed to read there are people out there that will want to lowball you find out what they currently sell for and put it up at that price Tire kickers are going to come along but hey no big deal honestly I'd keep that Beast they are just superb rifles and I'll tell you with hirtenberger 308 PSP when available in the Surplus Market that stuff made for this rifle is totally tack driving it's sub Moa accuracy doesn't matter whether it's an HK91 G3 or a cetme they're made like tanks fun to shoot virtually no recoil and just a great all-around piece. I don't like to give predictions but we're all pretty sure once the next Democrat is made president all of this is now history so get what you can get now because now is the time to buy.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoreoocyte View Post
    The prices on them have gone down just as the prices on AR-10 pattern guns have gone down. And just as, mentioned above, all prices have come down (except HKs and FNs, those are for people who hate money).

I'm buying shit right now, not selling. I've gotten some decent deals on used stuff ever since Trump came into office, and hope to continue that for a while, or until the next panic.
    Don't mistake my upcoming statement as argumentative, or to provoke you, it is not. I'm just having a regular old conversation behind good intentions.

Where are you seeing these deals?

I don't buy bolt actions, or firearms with wood unless it begins with A and ends with K, and pistols are a totally different game.

Yeah, prices did drop and fast after the Hillary scare, and for a while when Trump first took office, but then everything kinda went up with shootings and all the political nonsense. Although not quite as high as a whole, but prices have been pretty damn steady for at least a year or so.

Every single quality factory built "evil" rifle in today's market is around a thousand and then some. This was not the case a couple years ago. I understand prices will never be what they once were, that Obama is gone, and Hillary didn't take office. Incase you havent noticed, anti gun rhetoric is higher than ever. Not only that, states that have never experienced California type laws are taking loss after loss.

It's a manufacturers dream to make mo money mo.

I agree now is the time to buy and not sell 100%. Still, we've seen better days and it's only going to get worse from here. The Democrats will make sure of that.
    Last edited by Pookie; 04-25-2019 at 07:06 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

PAD

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Pookster sad but true I concur it really doesn't matter whether it's an AK AR or HK it just the urge of younger people that the markets are quite soft right now. And the AR series have so much to offer and every caliber and prices are really reasonable you can buy anything that does anything with excellence for a pretty decent price and with all the different add-ons you can do the people like hey it's all about taste and what people like doesn't matter what kind wood version

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    I never owned an AK until about 4 years ago. Then I just kinda started buying them. I've sold some but kept a Vepr, Saiga, and just got an RH10 (which I love btw). I plan on buying 1 or 2 more. I need a milled AK and an underfolder.

I'm not stupid, the AK shit is up in smoke. Not only does the AK platform continue to build steam on the US market, foreign made factory new options are slimmer, and parts kits are drying up. The reality is when you take that in to consideration, then add the political climate, plus 5-10years, and or a Democrat Administration. The AK will long be an invalid option.

Hell, in all all honesty you can get a better AR for the money right now. I love AKs and I dont have a preference as to which one is better as both have pros and cons. Still, this whole buy a parts kit with an American barrel that's dog shit for a grand is for the birds. Right now, I feel like the Romanian factory rifles are the only option for under a thousand if you want new.

The used market ain't getting any better either. I should have bought a Norinco when they were 600 bucks. Here in Florida they go for pretty much a grand. Arsenals sell for Vepr money, and occasionally you will see Saigas decently priced, but then you have to finish conversion.

Plus I'm one of those assholes who won't buy a US made AK. If I'm going to buy American, I'll stick to the AR variety.
    Last edited by Pookie; 04-25-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11341 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    Never cared for roller-delayed actions in .308 unless its a heavy enough rig to damp the horrible recoil. I can shoot a FAL all day, but 30 rounds through a standard HK91-type action is miserable.
    Try one on FA sometime! A friend of mine has a post sample with the retractable stock, and believe me, its called a meat tenderizer for a reason.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    881 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Don't mistake my upcoming statement as argumentative, or to provoke you, it is not. I'm just having a regular old conversation behind good intentions.

Where are you seeing these deals?

I don't buy bolt actions, or firearms with wood unless it begins with A and ends with K, and pistols are a totally different game.

Yeah, prices did drop and fast after the Hillary scare, and for a while when Trump first took office, but then everything kinda went up with shootings and all the political nonsense. Although not quite as high as a whole, but prices have been pretty damn steady for at least a year or so.

Every single quality factory built "evil" rifle in today's market is around a thousand and then some. This was not the case a couple years ago. I understand prices will never be what they once were, that Obama is gone, and Hillary didn't take office. Incase you havent noticed, anti gun rhetoric is higher than ever. Not only that, states that have never experienced California type laws are taking loss after loss.

It's a manufacturers dream to make mo money mo.

I agree now is the time to buy and not sell 100%. Still, we've seen better days and it's only going to get worse from here. The Democrats will make sure of that.
    I got a Wolf T91 upper for 400, down from 600. Other things, I'm not trying to spell it all out. Mostly private sales online. You just have to look. And I'm not talking about bolt or wheel or pump guns.
    "God's away on business."

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    I got a Wolf T91 upper for 400, down from 600. Other things, I'm not trying to spell it all out. Mostly private sales online. You just have to look. And I'm not talking about bolt or wheel or pump guns.
    I bought a classic car for 12.5 simply because the guy needed money. He just had a baby, he also had no job (fed contractor between contracts), and his wife was getting pissed. Initially he was asking 15 grand for the car, and the car is worth about 20 per an appraisal I had done. I know these cars very well, and it would have to fetch that price on a very good day to the right buyer. I didn't lowball guy, but I did watch and wait for the price to drop week after week before jumping on it.

What does this example prove?
    Last edited by Pookie; 04-26-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    881 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I bought a classic car for 12.5 simply because the guy needed money. He just had a baby, he also had no job (fed contractor between contracts), and his wife was getting pissed. Initially he was asking 15 grand for the car, and the car is worth about 20 per an appraisal I had done. I know these cars very well, and it would have to fetch that price on a very good day to the right buyer. I didn't lowball guy, but I did watch and wait for the price to drop week after week before jumping on it.

What does this example prove?
    That you think the economy is shit or your'e just looking to fucking argue? I dunno, I'm not really interested in talking about either with you.
    "God's away on business."

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    That you think the economy is shit or your'e just looking to fucking argue? I dunno, I'm not really interested in talking about either with you.
    Neither, I'm not looking to argue, nor was it about the economy. I was giving you an example how private party transactions can vary because every sellers circumstances differ.

If I buy product X for Y, that doesn't necessarily mean product X was worth Y. It only means I paid Y for X. A better way to judge X's value would be to calculate an average.

The price you paid on a T91 upper has nothing to do with a PTR-91, nor does it prove that the prices have gone down on them, or that that market sucks. That's all I'm saying.

PAD

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Fa with the sheeps retractable hook butt is an all together different subject......unless its cold outside and your wearing a parka.....

Super Moderator Retired

Member #
    Liked
    2134 times
    Quote Originally Posted by evolixsurf View Post
    I shot one once. I felt every single part slowly and forcefully move in the gun. It was so unergonimic and shitty feeling i never feel like I need to shoot one again....
    As it slapped my cheek with an unholy force while destroying my loadable brass with those Satanic flutes....
    10Gauge, Walleye, scottyb and 2 others like this.
    I'm Your Huckleberry

Member #
    Liked
    1354 times
    What made mines nice to shoot was I found a rubber buttpad and I use the heavy duty recoil buffer made by Springfield.

I believe it uses the same setup as the HK21.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    So I got myself the od green wide handguard, guess I'm keeping the rifle. I had trouble finding a decently priced one. I overpaid a little but not enough to take away my happiness with it lol. I've been trying to track down a decently priced bayonet. Will the sweedish bayonets work?

Edit: I know they will work but I meant like which adapter
    Last edited by Pookie; 04-30-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    6177 times
    Heavy recoil buffer is nice.

Unfortunately the heavy buffer won't fit my SG1 type buttstocks without major gunsmithing.

I'm happy enough with the rubber buttpad.

Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsors