AK Rifles banner

The AR15 Picture Thread - Modern And Retro

95K views 576 replies 105 participants last post by  jrsuds 
#1 ·
Lets see those ARs...I'll start off with mine:

S&W M&P AR15:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

M16A1 clone built an an NDS retro receiver on a new parts kit bought from Sarco a few years back. Engraved to look like the real thing by an outfit in Texas. I later added a tritium front sight post, and the standard low light rear sight:

See less See more
#5 ·
Woohoo, new forum/thread.

Here is one of my AR's for now, chambered in 5.45X39. I've got my form one for that lower pending so I can go 5.45 SBR.

Spike's upper and lower, Wilson Combat stock, magpul handguard, USGI surefire, seeral parts I used over in Afghan-land made it on this rifle.

#9 ·
Here's my contribution.

Reactions: fly
#10 · (Edited)
603 (A1) clone. Late 60's Colt upper receiver refinished black by US anodizing, NoDak A1 lower also in Black, FNMI 1x12 barrel, type D buttstock courtesy of another AK forum member, RRA match trigger & run of the mill AR bolt and carrier. Mostly Black with some XM Gray small parts here and there, to emulate the rebuilt A1's that were still around when I served in the late 80's and early 90's. I'm still looking for a demilled (civilianized) A1 selector instead of the A2 one that's in there.

View attachment 7774

ETA - 1000 rounds through this rifle as of last week, and zero malfunctions. Mostly brass cased M193 stuff but also some steel cased .223 55 grain, and some 50 grain varmint loads. Nice and accurate gun.

The helmet in the picture is one of my few personal service mementoes.

#13 ·

I just got this. :grin: Now I have to find a nds retro lower or older Colt lower. Send off my 200 dollars and wait. May pin a long flash hidder on it for now or just make one. Just so I can shoot it now while I wait.

Got it @ work today to lock up in the safe here. That way the upper will not be with any lower. Plus it will help keep it out of sight out of mind while I wait.

#14 ·
will36 said:

I just got this. :grin: Now I have to find a nds retro lower or older Colt lower. Send off my 200 dollars and wait. May pin a long flash hidder on it for now or just make one. Just so I can shoot it now while I wait.

Got it @ work today to lock up in the safe here. That way the upper will not be with any lower. Plus it will help keep it out of sight out of mind while I wait.
Sa-weeeeet!!!!

PS You could always send it to me for safe keeping till you get your stamp back....

I won't hurt it! I promise!!!! :wink:

#16 ·
MKM said:
will36 said:

Sa-weeeeet!!!!

PS You could always send it to me for safe keeping till you get your stamp back....

I won't hurt it! I promise!!!! :wink:

I have shot it FA just last week before it got turned into a kit. It was a super fast fireball maker. I talked to nds today he said 6 months on rec. turn around. With that and 6 months for a form 1 to come back . Looks like I will have a year wait. :sad:

I can still shot my quiet 9 :wink:

#17 · (Edited)
Here are mine...

Here is my (Armalite M-15 A4 Midlength Carbine) with Magpul MOE hand grip...

Here it is again with EOTECH and Magpul BUS...

Here's my Ruger SR-556...
I added an Blue Force front sling mount (Rail Mounted Fixed Loop - RMFL) and a Midwest Industries End Plate Single Sling Mount (MCTAR-13). I changed out the grip for a Magpul MOE Grip...nothing wrong with the one that came on it I just like the Magpul better. Right now it also has a Magpul Vertical fore grip (RVG). It has an EOTECH M512.A65 on top.

Here is my Rock River Arms A-2 taking a break with my Arsenal SA M-7 at "Bullet Fest" a two day machingun shoot in Ohio...