Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1468Likes

Thread: The AR15 Picture Thread - Modern And Retro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5904 times
    The budget build is on, starting with the Bear Creek Arsenal barrel I got for Veterans Day. Parts will be rolling in s l o w l y over the next few months.

Budget AR.jpg
    fly likes this.
    "When government takes away citizen's rights to bear arms it becomes citizen's duty to take away governments right to govern" ~ George Washington

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    UPDATE: 2-1-18

20'' FN - M16A4 on top of my Colt M4 Lower , The finish blended in very well , after rubbing all the oil off the out side of the upper receiver .

Still Need FN Lower .
    Last edited by fly; 02-01-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    -

====================================

** Colt / Galil / Romy "G" **

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5904 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyo Wolverine View Post
    Necro posting here... My wife got her AR pistol for Christmas. She's a great shot with it too. The sights were dead on, and it was cool and intimidating at the same time watching her knock a chunk of wood across the Wyoming countryside with it. Some people just click well with a certain type of gun, and she is crazy accurate with it.
    22many, montanaAK, TRAAK's and 1 others like this.
    "When government takes away citizen's rights to bear arms it becomes citizen's duty to take away governments right to govern" ~ George Washington

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Here is my current 18" ar. PSA upper with the FN barrel, stag lower, Geiselle super dynamic, topped off work a trijicon ACOG ta11 led.
    Attached Images
    Wyo Wolverine and fly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    688 times
    Last edited by Gypsy; 11-27-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    278 times

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    I'll have to trade off my 6921 Socom M4A1

But I'm very Happy with this LE6940 Never was a fan of 16'' barrels , But this was a sweet deal .

Can't wait for the snow to go away , to test this baby out .

(Quote)
    The advantage of the LE6940 is unmatched. The patented one-piece monolithic upper receiver incorporates a continuous Mil-Spec rail from the rear of the upper receiver to the front sight. This feature affords unmatched repeatability for mounting optical systems, not found traditional handguard rail systems. Designed with accuracy in mind, its true free-floating 16.1" chrome lined barrel provides the enhanced accuracy necessary for long-range shooting.
    (Quote)

I will find out soon ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by fly; 01-19-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    -

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5904 times
    You have an addiction Fly, but wait....don't we all...?
    22many and fly like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyo Wolverine View Post
    You have an addiction Fly, but wait....don't we all...?
    It's very hard to say NO .......
    Wyo Wolverine likes this.
    -

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5904 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fly View Post
    It's very hard to say NO .......
    Amen. Living with black rifle disease can be rough.....on the wallet...
    10Gauge and fly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    Temporary pistol assembly but will eventually put a flat top upper on it and flaming pig muzzle device.
    Decent shooter for a random bunch of parts.
    Thought the faux moderator looked ok with the A1 upper.
    Attached Images
    Gypsy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3602 times

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    Kind of a funny (and long) story involving another Colt 6940.

Back in 2015, right after the Umqua college shooting in Oregon, Obama was already talking/ sniveling about gun bans. I visited a pawn shop nearby that I often frequent after work and sure enough, common rifles like Delton and Anderson Arms with no accessories had sky rocketed up from the previous weeks price of $750.00 to $1275.00. After giving the staff guys some good natured but well deserved criticism for tragedy exploiting and profiteering, at which they just smiled, the on duty manager asked me if I wanted to look at any of the rifles. "Not at those prices" I replied, at which point he mentioned another rifle, a Colt, that was in the back. "How much?" "Same price but you should look at it". So he disappears in the back and returns with the Colt. I was not familiar with this model and there was no model number on it but it was fully decked out with a BCM charging handle, Vltor stock, Magpul enhanced soft grip, BAD lever, TLR-IS light, rail covers including a "Don't tread on me" printed one, Magpul sling, AFG, matech BUIS and EoTech 551 NVG compatible sight. I later totaled up the accessories and they came to around $800.00 by themselves.

While I'm handling it I see the old 'RESTRICTED-LAW ENFORCEMENT/ GOVT SALES AND EXPORT ONLY' roll stamp on the right side and LE prefix serial number and decide to mess with them a bit.

"Holy crap! Where did you get this?! This is a law enforcement gun and probably stolen. Didn't you guys notice these markings?? No wonder you didn't have it up on the rack!"

This feigned concern was probably more convincing since I was actually still in my Deputy Sheriffs uniform.

No more staff smiles at that point and I'm trying to keep a straight face as they start blaming some new girl for talking it in and that it was a pawn forfeiture since the guy never came back for it.

"No shit. What a surprise" I said. "No way that guy was going to get caught with this thing... unlike you guys. I'd say this is more like a $10,000 dollar FINE gun with some free jail time too. I need a rag so I can wipe my finger prints off it." Lots of stuttering and stammering and the on duty manager actually goes in the back to call the main manager at home. At this point I come clean and tell them don't call anyone. I'm just screwing with them and that the rifle is perfectly legal. The roll stamp was an old requirement and there is no issues with having it on the gun.

He replied he had called the manager anyway and their corporate people had already decided they wanted the rifle out of the shop ASAP.
    "If you want it it's $800.00 OTD"
    I replied "But I would actually pay your asking price which is fair for what you have here. It's completely legal to have."
    "No. They want it gone and they would rather have a cop get it so they don't have to worry about it coming back to haunt them."
    "Call her back and tell her what I said about the price."
    "No. We've had it in the back waiting for you to come in. She and corporate don't care about the price. It needs to go."
    "I thought it was $1275.00 plus tax five minutes ago?"
    "It was. That was my mistaken price. Now it's the manager's and corporate's original $800.00 NO TAX price. Please take it and get it out of here."
    We went back and forth for a bit as I didn't want to burn any bridges with them but they were adamant. What to do? I had inadvertently talked myself into a rifle I hadn't planned to buy at all.

It was a considerable moral quandary that lasted about 6 full seconds.

I later turned in the old EoTech for the refund ($485.00) and used the money to get a new Eotech NVG compatible Exps-3-4 sight I found in another pawn shop for $350.00.

I still always wonder why the original guy never redeemed his pawned rifle. That is the real mystery.

To date this is understandably the very best deal I've gotten on any AR type rifle-especially a Colt 6940 (VERY) Enhanced Law Enforcement Carbine.

Here it is before the sight change out.

While this rifle has some nice add ons, the rifle in wingnut308's above post/ picture has the best accessory I've seen so far. Well done Sir!

Last edited by greendevil41; 01-25-2018 at 09:32 PM.
    fly and Arik like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13795 times
    Cool story, and looks like you got a real deal on that one!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    1621 times

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors