Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BravoKilo226

Thread: CETME Scope Mount

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

CETME Scope Mount

Afternoon all!

Been skulking around the forum here for a few weeks now after picking up an old CETME rifle. My only real complaint with this rifle was that the iron sights are more than a little crude, thus I went off on a search for a scope mount. The one I found to be the best bang for my buck was through MFI LLC (www.mfiap.com) where I was able to purchase a low profile scope mount. The mount itself sits low enough to not interfere with the iron sights (should I ever need them) and included a small screw to ensure that the mount is level. The mount secures to the receiver as the original scope mounts did, utilizing the four mounting points, and encloses the rear sight. I'm not the best at explaining it, so please see the attached pictures. I should have a scope mounted within a week, give or take, and will let you all know how well it maintains its position. IMG_20181231_140100.jpgIMG_20181231_140046.jpg
    The only issue I ran into while attaching the mount was that each one must be started into their respective clamps before tightening any of them, otherwise the screws will not engage the clamps. This was noted in the instructions, but I neglected to read them till I was getting frustrated with the mount. (My fault, not the mounts).
    AZAK and Gman like this.

Member #
    Liked
    788 times
    What type of scope/red dot are you planning on using? BTW...welcome to the forum.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    What type of scope/red dot are you planning on using? BTW...welcome to the forum.
    I'm going with a variable 1-6x from Swampfox Optics. Thought about a red dot, but this is anything but a close quarters weapon. I figured the 1-6x would give me some flexibility even if it has a small objective lens.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    788 times
    Looks like it’ll work fine over the fixed rear sight

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3372 times
    FWIW, that's a CETME LV. Knowing the rail option is available, I wish the low sight LV option was available on the Marcolmar rifles.
    LOOKING FOR: Postban Chicom (squareback) Rifle, '65 EG MPi-KM kit, Soviet and East German AKM Barrels, Soviet AKM U/F Stock Assembly, Polish Milled Receiver Front Stub

I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Alright, here is the new scope mounted and ready to go! The low profile mount gives just enough room for the scope to clear the rear sight and it doesn't set it up too high to prevent a good cheek weld. Honestly, feels a bit more comfortable than using the irons. We'll see how it shoots in a week or two!IMG_20190105_200921.jpgIMG_20190103_183614.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You'll have to forgive me, I don't know a whole lot about all the different variants/manufacturers of the CETME. I thought the LV was a 5.56mm rifle?

Member #
    Liked
    788 times
    It actually looks pretty good on there.

Sponsors