We want your parts kits! - Page 21
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
Like Tree519Likes

Thread: We want your parts kits!

Member #
    Liked
    961 times
    That M82 looks so good. I didn't even know there was such a thing. Now I feel like I have to have one.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12518 times
    What do think about this scope?
    https://kalinkaoptics.com/kom-1-7x25...-ak-mount.html

More expensive, yes, but might be easier to use. I'd love to hear thoughts about this scope, especially if someone owns one.
    scottyb likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3548 times
    Looks interesting.
    First time seeing that model.
    Nice features with dual mounting for SVD and AK rails ., and multiple height lower mounts offered.

Nice military look and ruggedness to it.

I am interested in any personal experience/reviews as well.

Might be a candidate for a PSL or M76 rifle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12518 times
    I was thinking of the DMR type rifle that 2Rivers is playing around with. I do like the scopes they have in the pictures, and the reticles are good using a standard SVD style we're all familiar with, but due to the limitations of the 7.62x39, I'm thinking another type of scope like the one I linked to "might" be a better choice.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Vendors

Member #
    3921 S. Bryant Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73115 (405)331-0008
    Liked
    388 times
    J Miorin AMD65.jpg

BFPU AMD 65 we just completed, pinned and welded to 16+

Big boom and accurate too, what's not to like!
    07 FFL / SOT

email us @ [email protected]

Check out our page on facebook

Member #
    Liked
    7191 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Rivers Arms View Post
    J Miorin AMD65.jpg

BFPU AMD 65 we just completed, pinned and welded to 16+

Big boom and accurate too, what's not to like!
    Perfect.

Curious which receiver was utilized. It doesn't display the dinky Nodak/McKay center support rivet.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Vendors

Member #
    Liked
    388 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MPiKM-72 View Post
    Perfect.

Curious which receiver was utilized. It doesn't display the dinky Nodak/McKay center support rivet.
    The customer sent us a Childers Guns CG1 for the build
    MPiKM-72 and scottyb like this.
    07 FFL / SOT

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4078 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    What do think about this scope?
    https://kalinkaoptics.com/kom-1-7x25...-ak-mount.html

More expensive, yes, but might be easier to use. I'd love to hear thoughts about this scope, especially if someone owns one.
    An exotic custom rifle like this will be different things to different shooters. The Pilade is a mighty fine combat scope, but I’d put it on a lighter carbine. For me, the DMR Tim made is all about discovering what level of accuracy can be squeezed out of a 7.62x39 AK platform, so I'm looking for good groups on paper out to 200m and fun with steel way beyond that (Tim and the Dos Rios guys shoot these out to 600m). So, to do that well I’ll end up using something that’s at least 10x with a fine crosshair reticle. Im corresponding with RS Regulate about which of their lower mounts will work best.
    JoeMomma and zeek like this.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12518 times
    Looking at several different scopes now. I'm going to go with a smaller one as I have no ability to shoot beyond 300M due to my range limitations. I'm going to try and stay with something calibrated for 7.62x39. looking at this one now:
    https://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scop...-sunshade.html

I really like this one as well:
    https://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scop...k-version.html

This one has the capability to go beyond 400M if I ever get the chance, and its in stock.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4078 times
    If you’re good with 6x, I’d recommend this 6x42 with the focus feature (there are several similar models). It’s not that much more $ and the light-gathering capability is superior to the x24 version.

https://kalinkaoptics.com/posp-6x42-...k-version.html
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.

Vendors

Member #
    Liked
    388 times
    JoMomma, I don't think either of those scopes will fit the rail,thay appear to be AK rail type but if you look in the PSL,SVD,Tiger, Romak-3 section you should be able to find the same scope with the correct mount to fit that rail since it is PSL based.
    JoeMomma likes this.
    07 FFL / SOT

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12518 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    If you’re good with 6x, I’d recommend this 6x42 with the focus feature (there are several similar models). It’s not that much more $ and the light-gathering capability is superior to the x24 version.

https://kalinkaoptics.com/posp-6x42-...k-version.html
    I can always upgrade the scope if needed, but my thoughts tend toward testing this in a shorter range DMR setup with a smaller scope for less bulk and lighter weight. As much as I want to get a larger scope, longer distances are wasted on me at my range since I can get only 300M.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3548 times
    Unless you are set on a PSO/military style scope., there are some nice compact variable power scopes offered by Primary Arms.

Very clear glass, easy adjustment turrets and lighted reticle in several.

I have and use the milspec PSO, TIP2 and M76 scopes but also the contemporary type compact 1- 6 or 2x- 8x and they are excellent and easier to zero and adjust.

Primary Arms, Vortex and others.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4078 times
    Scope choices are legion, but IMHO this is the ideal mounting choice for this rifle if the scope mounts with rings. RS Regulate AK-310M lower with AKR upper. Down low on the receiver with full view of the iron sights AND the receiver cover can be removed without unlocking the mount (if the top rail was moved back farther on the lower mount, the cover might not clear). Need to get some mid-height rings.

RS Regulate is extremely proud of their parts, so to ease the pain I bought for less at Primary Arms. Their regular prices are lower than RS Regulate's already, and there was a 12% off sale.

IMG_1171.JPGIMG_1172.JPGIMG_1173.JPG
    Last edited by AZAK; Today at 05:14 PM.
    AKBLUE and scottyb like this.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3548 times
    +1., RS Regulate makes excellent mounts and with the rings the optic height can be adjusted for personal preference for cheekweld, co-witness and iron sight access if desired.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Sponsors