Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By myst173
  • 1 Post By Builttoughf350

Thread: My PPS43 needs a taller front sight post

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

My PPS43 needs a taller front sight post

I’ve got a 2015 PPS43-c pistol made by Pioneer Arms which I have filed a form 1 for with the ATF, which got approved so it is now a SBR. The problem I’m having is it hits like 2-3 feet high at 90 yards so even close range shooting isn’t fun. Pioneer won’t help because it is an SBR. They said now that I’ve converted it ( legally ) it’s a liability for them to provide me with any parts. The front sight pin that came in a chopped parts kit I bought is the same height so no luck there. The AK47 sight pins are too wide of a diameter threads. I don’t have any CNC or metal fab equipment so just making one won’t be easy. Has anyone had this problem or found a solution ?
    Attached Images

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1086 times
    Find out what thread pitch the front screw is. Go to a hardware store and get a machine screw or whatever in that pitch, cut off the head with a hacksaw or a dremel and either file or dremel to shape up a rough front site. You'll need a small vice or patience and a pair of vice grips.
    Just screw in the screw till it's tight, then use a sharpie to mark what's going to be the flat sides of the post before you cut off the head and flatten the sides as it'll make it easier when you install it if it's close to fitting snug and the sight post lining up the right direction.
    Once you get it to the height and width you need just paint it up with some model paint and a small brush.
    If it's a weird thread pitch call the local fastenal to you, they carry all kinds of weird size stuff for industrial repairs, a small piece of threaded rod would do as well.
    GeneStoner and Tyrvidar like this.
    Some of you are too young to remember this but back in my day we had so much toilet paper that we threw it into the trees of our enemies.

WTB
    1960s-1986 Russian Kits | Subgun kits of any kind
    1973 dated kits and guns | AIMR-74-PM MD 86 Barrel
    Polish NSP3 Nr L-90048
    PM me, can pay $ or possibly trade.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I finally got time to mess with it. Rather than the tedious work of modifying a screw and hoping for the best I simply just took a flat file and took material off of the top of the rear sight and filed in a notch until it was on target. A little cold blue over the bare metal soon and it’ll be all set. I had to take quite a bit of material off of the sight tho....
    Tyrvidar likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors