Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Want to SBR My first PPS-43

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Want to SBR My first PPS-43

Hi...

I am new to the forum just purchased my forst PPS-43 9mm and want to SBR it, got it from classic and it looks like just one small tac weld and pin peened over. Question one can i "E" file my form one i heard there was something like that possible ? Two ...who can make my folding stock function again or can i do it (any good smith you know of ...maybe myself. I cannot find any video's of someone making the folder function again like intended after getting the SBR stamp..... thanks in advance.

Marko

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Anyone?

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1988 times
    I would shoot it first. ALLOT.

My 9mm was a POS. Even dangerous.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3860 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stottman View Post

Very good advice before submitting an app for a stamp.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am a positive person...

I have shot it "ALLOT" 850 rounds so far no problems.... so still my question is still can i E file and any smith that can make the folder work.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I SBR'd mine. It is the 9mm version. Runs like a top. The only problem was the broken hammer after about 3000 rounds, but was sent 2 free ones from one of IO's subcontractors. The folder is easy. You need to grind the weld at the end of the plunger. Drill out the plunger hole. Reinstall and weld in back together to the release bar. Takes about 10 min total.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Grungewehr.... thank you , any video's on this? There is one tac weld on the left side i think i can dremel that out. So the weld where it is peened down needs to be ground flat again correct? Can you explain why i need to drill out the plunger hole, and i do not have welding equipment. Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stottman View Post

Can you eloberate. I would like to buy one and do the same thing. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Just a heads up...you'll need to get the form 1 stamp in hand before you start any of the work. Btw, welcome aboard.
    Alamocity likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maus45 View Post
    Can you eloberate. I would like to buy one and do the same thing. Thanks.
    Well, given the common problems with PPS weapons, namely poor fitting magazines, and the fact that it is an open bolt with a fixed firing pin, that is a recipe for potential out of battery detonations if the round gets jammed before its in the chamber but after the bolt face has nestled the back the round. And since the thing is made out of relatively thin stamped metal, an out of battery detonation would make a lot of nasty shrapnel.

You really have to get magazines that fit well with your specific firearm for this, and just general use reasons.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobtheButcher View Post
    Well, given the common problems with PPS weapons, namely poor fitting magazines, and the fact that it is an open bolt with a fixed firing pin, that is a recipe for potential out of battery detonations if the round gets jammed before its in the chamber but after the bolt face has nestled the back the round. And since the thing is made out of relatively thin stamped metal, an out of battery detonation would make a lot of nasty shrapnel.

You really have to get magazines that fit well with your specific firearm for this, and just general use reasons.
    The PPS 43 that is being asked about in this thread (pistol to be SBR'd) is a semi auto gun. It does not have a fixed firing pin and it fires from a closed bolt. The bolts on these are heavily modified from the original, to include a two piece, spring loaded firing pin.

The fixed firing pin, open bolt operated weapon would be a fully automatic PPS43.

T
    Grungewehr39 likes this.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1988 times
    Mine wouldn't make it through a magazine without jamming. And by jamming, it was "short stroking".

I tried 9mm "NATO" Winchester White box, to see if that helped. That actually caused OOB detonations. The first one, I didn't realize what it was. The second, I actually saw.
    The gun wasn't damaged, the round itself still went downrange, but the casing fragmented.

Luckily, I was shooting it as a pistol right handed. If I fired it from the shoulder, left handed, the shrapnel would have ended up in my face.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    GMAN ...understood i have 4 SBR's, i am using the 7.6 mags in my 9mm and also the 9mm mags as intended, anyone else?

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MARKO65 View Post
    GMAN ...understood i have 4 SBR's, i am using the 7.6 mags in my 9mm and also the 9mm mags as intended, anyone else?
    Yes, I'm running 3 9mm mags and 2 of the 7.62 with spacer. One of the mags ( don't remember which one) has given me some feeding issues, mainly trying to feed 2 rounds. I have about one light primer strike out of 10 rounds with Remington and wolf 9mm. Those are the only issues I've had in 4 years.

It definitely depends on the rifle, from what I've read. Some run without
    issue and others never function well. I got lucky with mine I guess.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Alamocity... what do you mean by spacer on the 7.6 mags.... thanks.

Marko

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors