PPS-43C: Get Your Replacement Hammers Here!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By COMM BLOC

Thread: PPS-43C: Get Your Replacement Hammers Here!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Exclamation PPS-43C: Get Your Replacement Hammers Here!

!!ATTENTION PPS-43 OWNERS WITH BROKEN HAMMERS!!

Were you one of the unlucky ones like myself who had a PPS-43 hammer BREAK??
    And you tried fruitlessly to contact I.O. Inc., Radom in Poland, or anyone who would listen to no avail??

Well have I got some good news for YOU!

I have finally found a machinist with the competence and ability to take the original broken hammer I had and reverse engineer it!
    The machinist is a small business owner with a family history of remaking old broken gun parts. But the company doesn't do just gun parts, they specialize in one-off parts with their biggest client being Boeing. That's right, these hammers will have the durability of the same parts found in a Boeing aircraft.

The hammers will be made using S7 high-impact steel and properly batch heat treated at the same heat treatment facility the Boeing parts themselves go to. After we have a prototype ready for mechanical testing, we will consider possible modifications to "beef up" the unnecessarily thin areas of the hammer.

I expect these to be ready and available for sale within the next few months, so please message me or respond here to get your name on the list!

The price is still unknown and will not be known until we complete the project. Estimations are to be around $200 - $300 per hammer, but could be less depending on final cost.

LET YOUR PPS-43 BE HEARD ONCE MORE!!

dvs

Member #
    The Peoples Demokratik Republik Of Kalefornia
    Liked
    338 times
    good idea but 2 to 300 for the hammer alone is very high. If you get the pricing down I'd be interested.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Damn,When mine broke I called IO (their in Florida) they shipped me out a new one in 3 days for I think 20 bucks.They also included a spare at no charge.1st one has been running well now for months.I got through on the 1st call.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by herian View Post
    Damn,When mine broke I called IO (their in Florida) they shipped me out a new one in 3 days for I think 20 bucks.They also included a spare at no charge.1st one has been running well now for months.I got through on the 1st call.
    Really? When did you contact them/receive your new one? I've been bugging them for months and only ever got one response via email and the guy said they've been trying to get more out of the plant for a long time.

As for the price, it may be cheaper than my estimate. But when you get quoted from other machinists $600 - $700 for ONE, this doesn't seem like a bad deal. But that's just me. We'll see in the end though how much we're looking at.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Here's the email response I got from IO Inc April of 2016:

"I am sorry for your issue. There are a few things you must understand. First the weapon has a limited 1 year warranty if I had a hammer for you would have to pay for the part. Second the weapon was not built by I.O and is an import. This means we do not have a lot of parts on hand for this weapon system. Currently I have nothing as far as parts for the PPS on hand at this time. You could contact pioneer arms directly for parts but they are in Poland. Pioneer Arms Corp

Again I am sorry for your issues but we just do not have the parts at this time.

Thank you,

David Keen
    Customer Care Department Manager
    I.O. Inc.
    The New InterOrdnance
    2144 Franklin Dr N.E.
    Palm Bay FL 32905
    321-499-3800 x116
    www.ioinc.us"

And then when I checked back with him a month later and asked about when they expect more hammers:

"I am sorry I cannot tell you off hand. We are working hard to get these parts but even we are having issues.

"

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    And this is literally from TODAY:

"Good afternoon,

I wish I had better news but we do not have replacement parts for the PPS-43C pistol.

Thank you,

Janean Wagner
    I.O. INC Customer Service
    2144 Franklin Dr. NE
    Palm Bay, FL 32905
    www.ioinc.us
    PH: 321-499-3800 ext: 116"

So if you got yours in at least the last year, you must have been one lucky SOB!!
    Last edited by MoosePtrl; 01-20-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MoosePtrl View Post
    !!ATTENTION PPS-43 OWNERS WITH BROKEN HAMMERS!!

Were you one of the unlucky ones like myself who had a PPS-43 hammer BREAK??
    And you tried fruitlessly to contact I.O. Inc., Radom in Poland, or anyone who would listen to no avail??

Well have I got some good news for YOU!

I have finally found a machinist with the competence and ability to take the original broken hammer I had and reverse engineer it!
    The machinist is a small business owner with a family history of remaking old broken gun parts. But the company doesn't do just gun parts, they specialize in one-off parts with their biggest client being Boeing. That's right, these hammers will have the durability of the same parts found in a Boeing aircraft.

The hammers will be made using S7 high-impact steel and properly batch heat treated at the same heat treatment facility the Boeing parts themselves go to. After we have a prototype ready for mechanical testing, we will consider possible modifications to "beef up" the unnecessarily thin areas of the hammer.

I expect these to be ready and available for sale within the next few months, so please message me or respond here to get your name on the list!

The price is still unknown and will not be known until we complete the project. Estimations are to be around $200 - $300 per hammer, but could be less depending on final cost.

LET YOUR PPS-43 BE HEARD ONCE MORE!!
    op. 2-300 is the cost of a single hammer or the reverse engineering and the first hammer? 6-700 other qoutes?? the machine shops see automatic trigger parts and say 700 to run you off maybe. just maybe they need less work like that in their schedule. just a guess. try explaining its for a semi auto pistol that breaks constantly and costs 300 to 400 when found complete with mags/ accys. that might help.

mine didnt break hammers it broke firing pins. 2 types of firing pins now days and the early ones break more often than 2nd model ones. the guns arent shooting as much now that ammo has gone up by multiples. its cheaper to go buy another pistol and pull the hammer and send it to a cnc shop thats set up to make them in bulk. they will need a run of at least 500 or 1000 pieces to do the auto cad programming.

better verify first if more than one model hammer exists and if there is enough market first. ive seen lowers and kits semi auto lately selling cheap. both io inc parted out returns they couldnt sell plus post sample builders selling leftovers using factory receivers. a hammer if its a breakable rare commodity should retail in the 35. price range if you sell these as an item in stock. folks cant afford much for them for the stated reasons.

the whole entire mess of guns in that particular caliber fell off a cliff as far as pricing and popularity goes for that matter. anything in 762x25 is a hard sell compared to what it used to be just 5 and 10 years ago when it was a rock solid market and sought after by full auto shooters.
    TRAAK's and GeneStoner like this.
    DISCLAIMER; I live in a murderous world imploding over other folks secret agendas. in doing so im told to pretend to act ''normal'' like everyone else and hide under a rock and make normal sheep noises. kinda like a sheep watching its family being led into an automated meat grinder. think about the other sheep saying don't draw attention to yourself they might target you next. F*#K THAT! stand up and make a last stand for humanity! Robbie f*#king parker were live! WAKE THE F*#K UP!!!!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors