Question about the Vietnamese K-50M variant...
    KVL

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Question about the Vietnamese K-50M variant...

The K-50M was a Vietnamese version of the PPSH-41/Type 50 which had no wood stock, but instead a separate pistol grip and a sliding wire stock similar to the MAT-49 and M3 grease gun. Does anyone know how they were made? Did the Vietnamese take existing PPSHs/Type 50s and convert them to the configuration, or did they manufacture fresh guns?

Member #
    Liked
    2321 times
    ive handled several parts kits the 3 that popped up ive seen over the years and also got to handle but not fire several bringbacks. all were made from Chinese k-50 ppsh smgs and retained the old chicom serial number below the front trunnion top rectangular rivet just 1 inch or 2 below the new shorter Vietnamese rebuild serial number. 1 had a black thick buffer in back that appeared to be homemade from an old military boot heal.

if you need any additional rare smg kit info just ask. I started very early as a young kid collecting everything and dealt in rare parts kits for about 20 years or since 1991 thereabouts. rare smg stuff always captured my attention.

Member #
    Liked
    2321 times
    the buttstock I think it was interchangeable with Belgian vigneron or fbp48 whichever it was when I did some checking. that was long ago so its easy to forget since I just checked if it would work out of curiosity.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2321 times
    oh! forgot to mention I have a grip and other spares shoot me a list if you need stuff. I think im the only guy in country that has spare parts for em sitting around not in use but its not much. grip bolt recoil sling stuff like that.

KVL

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by COMM BLOC View Post
    the buttstock I think it was interchangeable with Belgian vigneron or fbp48 whichever it was when I did some checking. that was long ago so its easy to forget since I just checked if it would work out of curiosity.
    I think that the took the buttstock from the MAT-49, it's something that they certainly would have in stockpiles.

Member #
    Liked
    2321 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KVL View Post
    I think that the took the buttstock from the MAT-49, it's something that they certainly would have in stockpiles.
    so true. the Belgian vig and mat-49 and k50m are the same spacing and size and fit. interchangeable I think it was.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors