The AK Forum

So I bought me a gun safe.

Thread: So I bought me a gun safe.

Tags: None

Mitchell said:
    I like this tread. I think the safe storage of firearms is paramount. It is an integral part of responsible gun ownership and something we can all do to protect our 2A rights.

I too have multiple safes ranging from cheapo's in plain sight to 2.5 ton AMSEC's (empty) for the more exotic hardware. I dehumidify the room and not the safe. I don't like ANY holes in my safes. Battery powered LED lights work fine. Fire is as much of a concern for me as theft and I don't want any avenue for the heat to get inside. I keep my stamp collection in another fireproof file safe in the bottom of one of the big AMSEC's for absolute protection.

tdoccrossvilletn said:
    So my litetech lighting system came in. I have a buddy coming over tomorrow with the tools to install the lag bolts and drill a hole in the back to hook up the lighting system.

LED Gun Safe Light System
    Sent from my mind using ninjitsu telepathy.

tdoccrossvilletn said:
    Got it bolted down and wiring kit ran. Drilled through the fire board and ran the ac adapter chord for the lights out the back. Drilled pilot holes in the floor then used 3/8" impact driver to get the lag screws in.

I used the 3/8x3" ones.

Before

after

Here is the lighting kit I used.

http://www.litetechauto.com/
    Last edited by tdoccrossvilletn; 07-17-2014 at 05:08 AM.
    Sent from my mind using ninjitsu telepathy.

cms81586 said:
    I'm going one of two routes when I retire and get into our forever home...either safe room with vault door or a Graffunder F series safe. For not my Fatboy will do, but the milsurps no longer fit.

Graffunder Safe and Vault Doors from Sage Safe Co. | Products | Weapon and Multipurpose Safes
    The only worthy boltface...

5. Benjaminere said:
    I see your from usa area.... I would contact "Keep Safe" out of north county. I purchased my safe from them during the usa County Fair. Their prices are amazing and they deliver and bolt the safe into the floor. safe storage of firearms

I would get the biggest safe you could afford. The funny thing about a safe is that as soon as you get one you realize there's tons of things you want to store.

Cannon, Liberty, Patriot are all good choices. They all have a lifetime warranty and good options for digital and traditional lock combos.
    Last edited by Benjaminere; 06-08-2019 at 11:45 PM.

Mitchell said:
    Did you really just reply to a 5 year old thread? And I didn’t see anything from San Diego...

Hummm, looks like I posted on this thread back in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaminere View Post
    I see your from San Diego area.... I would contact "Keep Safe" out of north county. I purchased my safe from them during the San Diego County Fair. Their prices are amazing and they deliver and bolt the safe into the floor.

I would get the biggest safe you could afford. The funny thing about a safe is that as soon as you get one you realize there's tons of things you want to store.

Cannon, Liberty, Patriot are all good choices. They all have a lifetime warranty and good options for digital and traditional lock combos.

elmoreoocyte said:
    "God's away on business."

corpsman5 said:
    congrats on your safe. I'm sure it's a good one. I prefer a Liberty, and have 2 of them. I was told by a locksmith that they are the best. I've also got a diebold, and it seems really well made. I got lucky with the diebold. bought it from a lady who's dad was a lawyer, and he wasn't around anymore. it was locked, and they didn't have the combination. luckily, the door was open. I bought it for $50 and had the combination figured out within 15 minutes of being home.