Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Weapon Stickers On Your Car

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10515 times

Weapon Stickers On Your Car

Nothing says "rob me" like bumper stickers that are weapon related, and/or NRA stickers.
    I've heard from a few sources that some people actually look for these kinds of stickers in parking lots, then try and follow the vehicle back to the house for future reference.

Trash...
    Be carefull of what you throw away on the side of the curb. If its a large box your rifle came in, burn it if possible, or cut it up and throw it in a bag after removing your address.
    This goes for big ticket items like TVs, computers ect.
    MacSr63 and scottyb like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    15880 times

Re: Weapon Stickers On Your Car

OPSEC 101

I have 2 stickers on my car. One is a zombie hunting permit and the other is the arrow in triangle russian arsenal mark. The zombie one is possibly the worst since it might make people assume firearm but its not overt... and the symbol... nobody but those familiar with factory markings would understand it.

COurse my car is pretty shitty looking and the house is modest... but I should probably sell off my padded rifle cases for more discreet alternatives.

also if i were the criminal type.. i wouldnt follow the cars home... I'd jot down the plate numbers and do searches online and go from there.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10515 times

Good point about running the plates....
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

I've got a bolt face and a Izzy triangle. Covert, yet overt to the right people. My truck is so shitty no one would ever be interested in it anyway...even with the key JB Welded to the ignition..
    I am the rusted fender of the American Dream.

I don't want Fop, damnit, I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

I'm not a sticker guy. I even peel the car dealers sticker off, no free advertising from me.
    klagz13 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I do not advertise on my vehicles either. I won't even put a NRA sticker on them. Just my personal feeling, always felt like I may be too paranoid but I see there are others also.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma
    Nothing says "rob me" like bumber stickers that are weapon related, and/or NRA stickers.
    I've heard from a few sources that some people actually look for these kinds of stickers in parking lots, then try and follow the vehicle back to the house for future reference.
    Agreed. And also be careful who you admit to that you own weapons. Don't have a party at your house and show them all your latest new toy. Limit the knowledge of your gun ownership to people you have known and trusted for years AND whom you know are of even temperament and not given to activities (like drug use) that might make them tempted to cross the line into home burglary.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma

Trash...
    Be carefull of what you throw away on the side of the curb. If its a large box your rifle came in, burn it if possible, or cut it up and throw it in a bag after removing your address.
    This goes for big ticket items like TVs, computers ect.

Hmmmmm... you made me think of something. Should I start throwing away things like Blue Press and Sportsman's guide catalogs, and empty gun cleaning products containers in a separate trash bag from the trash bag where I put my junk mail, etc.? In other words, should I always make sure that no gun-related trash ends up in the same bag as something with my address on it?

When I lived in town, I would NEVER EVER leave with a firearm in a "gun case". One reason I stick to folding stock AK's is that I could take one to the range in a large tool box that does not "give away" what's in it.

Good thread.
    Celebrating 20 years of AK ownership: 1992-2012

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

case in point....

this car belongs to a tool aka gear queer I know here in town.
    Feel free to say no to this ....but....um......would you shave my coin purse?

Member #
    Liked
    85 times

Got a couple Izzy stickers on my truck but agreed--anything more is too overt.

I must throw out 2 vendor catalogs a week with guns plastered all over them. I've often wondered if the guys picking up the recycling or even the mailman is taking note.

Had a package delivered by USPS stolen off the porch. Happened to have "Tactical" in the sender's address, I suspect that it was targeted for this reason though maybe some kid unrelated to the mailman just grabbed it.
    WTB: 103 Izzy slabside mag

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

luckily in rural SC I take my trash to the process center and I live on a hill with an ultra long drive way surrounded with bible beating gun totting rednecks just like me. Good luck following me home.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

The only people that know that I have guns AND know where I live are anyone whom I've bought stuff from on here, my landlord (also my supervisor and good friend), and probably my mail man. Damned Centerfire, Rock River and Midway ads/catalogs are a little less than discreet.

My Fedex driver called me out at the apartment I lived in, he had a shit eatin' grin on his face when delivered my crate of .30 M2 AP from the CMP. He had been in the service at some point and knew the crates and the guns that ate ouf them... Good guy, and all my packages were delivered promptly after that, though.

I hated living in that apartment, damned near impossible to get a good parking spot after a range trip, so I had to walk through the parking lot with long gun cases. Just walk tall and proud like you aren't trying to hide anything and no one seems to notice. Or at least no one ever freaked out on me.

No sticker of anykind on my truck. I bought the thing 'cause I like how it looks, don't need anything else on it.

Scott

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10515 times

Zane, as far as magazines and catalogs go, rip off the address and toss them in a public dumpster if possible.
    Burning stuff like that is best, but not everyone has that option.

Be aware that dumping your trash in other dumpsters can get you in trouble, so use your head and be smart about it. Use one at your work as an example.

A big plus one on letting people know what you have. Who needs to know? Not many, and we should all strive to keep that way.
    I sold some of my old Army uniforms ect at a garage sale years ago, and the guy asked if I had anything gun related. I told him no, and since I was retired now, I did not want anything to do with weapons.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by rob-cubed
    I've often wondered if the guys picking up the recycling or even the mailman is taking note.
    The mailman knows everything about everybody. The mail lady talks to my mom from time to time and they chat about whatever. She's mentioned how she can tell whose house is about to be foreclosed because the envelope is different, and I'm sure things from organizations (like, say, NRA? GOA?) can't help but get noticed. What kind of magazines do you get delivered? SWAT Magazine? This goes for more than just guns, too. Medical issues? They see the appointment cards or envelopes. Maybe you got some letter from a local church? Wedding invitation?

The mail lady told my mom she and her husband were looking to buy a house in a certain neighborhood to rent out. She asked the guy who did that mail route and he told her it was a bad neighborhood with lots of drug use. I don't know how they know these things but they know all.

Super Duper Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    343 times

I'm guilty of having an AK on my back window. but, I work out of town, park in my garage, entrance through an alley, drive faster than everybody else going to and from work, and if I have to go somewhere I drive the wife's truck plus, I'm always armed
    rt ds rt h
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Marketplace Rules
    Forum Rules

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by Slinger646
    I've got a bolt face and a Izzy triangle. Covert, yet overt to the right people. My truck is so shitty no one would ever be interested in it anyway...even with the key JB Welded to the ignition..

Weird...I only have a bolt face and Izzy triangle as well. Great minds...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors