AK Rifles banner

Cache Recovered Paki made AK's

17K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  COMM BLOC 
#1 ·
Here are a few pics from a cache of about 600 Paki made AK's from one house in Afghanistan. The guns look pretty good but parts will not interchange between the guns. These guns were made in small production work shops in Pakistan and sent over the border.

The Afghanis despise these weapons and will never chose one if given the chance at a Chinese or other made variant (they might be ignorant about a lot of things but they know what quality is). Since heat treating of the parts leaves a lot to be desired I would personally never shoot one of these Paki made guns.

See less See more
#9 ·
I remember these pictures from long ago, I was trying to find them the other day, thanks for reposting them. I love the "milled" receivers that they tried to make look like stamped ones. I've always thought of these guns as "whittled".

#13 ·
They kissed the steel with a drill to simulate spot welds?
Exactly, In fact I have never seen a stamped Paki "mudhut" made AK. This of course is probably due to the fact that the technology and machinery is not within their grasp....yet.

I had lots of stuff piled up in the basement but never that much!
PvtPyle, believe it or not we had a lot more than that in there shortly after this picture was taken. We found some huge caches and it was like being in heaven going through those old bunkers and houses and loading up the trucks with anything you could get your hands on.

I only regret that I did not take more pictures, and higher quality. I now have a lot better camera and will make sure to take a lot of pics of the guns broken down to individual parts and take measurements.

#14 ·
Sidecarnutz said:
They kissed the steel with a drill to simulate spot welds? :roll:

I like the ramps for the rear sights. Each one is different!
Well he did say that the locals there prefer Russian and Chinese AK's to ghetto rigged crap. The craftsmen just are trying their best to make counterfeit AK's that they just might be able to pass off as Russian or Chinese.

#16 ·
Interesting pictures, I've heard of gun shops in the area where you could get an AK-47 or some other weapon made for you right then and there in front of you, when you lay down the cash.

However, I would never knowingly use an off-brand or black-market rifle due to concerns over quality.

#23 ·
Although these are very very low quality AKs, they function decently because an AK is an AK. You might ask who would buy them? They are sold all over Pakistan dirt cheap for those which cannot afford a Chinese ($1000) or a Russian ($1500). These guns would sell for around $200. Also, you're absolutely right about Afghans not using these copies. These guns are sold to ppl who cannot differentiate between an Original and a counterfeit. Thanks for the pics.

#24 ·
They look decent, but I'm sure the workmanship in many cases won't hold up to a good Chinese or Eastern Bloc-origin variant.

I do think they would make a good base for airsoft replicas though. :lol:

It's a good game, if you get the good stuff. I'd like to have that furniture for a custom project (airsoft or real-steel, both probably).

But yeah, no way in hell am I willing to try one in 7.62x39mm.

There's even 8mm Mauser and .308/.303 British "AKs" made too.

BOOM in yer face! :twisted:

#26 ·
Nice post! The thing I don't get is when you think about it, the time involved in milling out a receiver on a manual mill, you could have done some really qaulity work. What about that furniture, so many different kinds-are them using real wood and plastic or have they figured out plastic injection and a duplicating machine for the wood? Even sloppy work is very time consuming on a complete rifle build. Interesting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.