• 3 Post By BR7.62
  • 1 Post By nashorn
  • 1 Post By BigSal

Thread: Ebay Users to Avoid

Member #
    Liked
    117 times

Ebay Users to Avoid

I hope this isn't against rules, and I typically find 'online bash lists' to be childish and stupid, but I am extremely tolerant and lenient with the stupidity I deal with when dealing with the public. I have been in all my jobs, and in my private life selling anything and everything online, including Ebay. Be it videogames, books, gun parts, you name it. Because of this, I have very few people on my Ebay ban list. Therefore, it is highly likely the ones that are on there, are ones you too should avoid if you sell on ebay. Typically con artists, scammers, extremely unreasonable people, general trolls and idiots. So while I certainly don't want to start anything (not that any of them would be here,) I would like to post my list of who is currently on my block list. This comes to mind mainly because I've been dealing with some very shady and unreasonable people (they start things usually before they buy, red flag one) and it seems to be a growing issue I haven't really dealt with to these extremes until lately.

So, without further ado:

boothwillie
    burtowil-5451
    cbholloway1989
    googoomebih88
    groundzerotattooriverside
    harus_kliq6e
    kstatejayz

the latest is one I blocked today (last guy on the list there) for sending me the following on a videogame listing that is priced extremely fairly, and graded properly:

Him
    "Very good condition?! There is a giant rip in the label how do you justify that being in very good condition?"
    Me
    "Because it's barely there and the rest is in excellent condition compared to the pricier ones I've seen? There was a sun faded and sun-damaged one that was selling for even more, last I checked this is the cheapest one on Ebay. I don't get what the problem is. By all means, don't buy it. I have no qualms with somebody who doesn't want something not buying it. What was the purpose of this message exactly?"

I guarantee in my experience (I've been on Ebay for over a decade) this individual had he not been dumb enough to flag himself with this nonsense, would have bought the item, complained to Ebay and or Paypal about the pictured small tear (which has had a policy for years now to almost automatically side with buyers regardless of circumstance or evidence against their supposed claims) gotten a full refund, kept the item for himself or resold it. I have seen this happen over and over. Even when Ebay demands a buyer return an item before refund, they can send an empty box and screw you over and Ebay and Paypal won't listen to reason.

ALWAYS if you are selling a disc item like a CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, videogame, you name it, take a picture of all sides with as little reflection of if you can (they have done things like seen a reflection and Ebay judged it's a scratch when it's not) for evidence to protect yourself before sending an item out.

Always note shipment weight as well. There have been false claims of not getting an item and merely taking a picture of the box the item came in and Ebay siding with the buyer who has the item because the picture shows an empty box. (How is that even real evidence?) I haven't checked as of late but USPS used to show their exact calculated weight on tracking, therefore if one claims to get an empty flat rate box and the box weighs X and with the item that's clearly in the box USPS says Y, it's evidence they are lying.

I could go on and on, but the message is clear: be vigilant and above the riff-raff. These people are ruining Ebay. I also kind of got distracted by a few people during this post, so if something is incoherent I apologize lol
    Last edited by folffairport; 02-02-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    Bondmen and Thrasher like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    - George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    2563 times
    0, 1920realt, 2013.doel, 262758c530cc6ee8601570, 561mjvota, abi127123rg, adrenalinetheory, aguilar1993christian, airsoftgman1212, alaa-rina, alf725, amaocskay, andrewrosenthal11, angeinigue_0, at8383, bidhigh12, blythesw, bobbybongrip, bodatious_bob, boredcentral, brandotwentyfourseven, cdf4500, chabch_lg69hydiqk, cminner1172, colt1018, cor.de8, corun123, damondoherty, danieldevoux199715, dcsnowman199, ddjustice9, dewguy2025, disneylimitededitionpins, dodgedemonx, dohrann91, donaghysales, dubnvw, dutchmansw, eldokpb, eliprovin, ezduzxb, fedewale, fishfishbun, flight2fuk, fnordinator, garne_parke, going_home, gonzagajoey, gravitygearguys, guelz009, gyzndol, halipino_2016, hduran17011701, immortal_phantasm, itmoves76, jasonmdavenport, jblle8t, jeep_man-dan, jerry.perez792012, jimmytac, jonprendergast20, kappeffect, knight1hemi-royal, larryrhorne2013, lennonsbeat, luftwaffeju89, madman314, mahlhead, marballfire, meister037, ncdangelo, neozyne, nicol_britt, nino070, paintball-09, paintball2011paintball, paintballndrumz, pbg222, pblaxer09, ps3gamer2, pumppbalternative, pvom6775, qwerty91134, reeferkeeper03, rhomus, riggs808, ryakell_9yujs, s2paintball, savvy_sniper, scary189, schollct, scltfir, shelby_ryan2014, snk_vintage, snowboard5467, soccer13stfrancis10, solmangrundy903, striderstriker9, tflm75, theautocockerguy, thunderbirdsbasketball2012, torresr37, us2013-weidm, vans0509, viper_924s, will11330, winpaintball, x-tremepb, zac218, zippster40, 1045009048@deleted, 1047327142@deleted

there is mine if you want to add. i dont really feel like typing a million words about how disgusted i get on there. ive got 2700 feedback on there it is really tough to keep 100% w/ some of the fuckheads w/ accounts.
    MPiKM-72, scottyb and Thrasher like this.
    07 ffl

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    I've been lucky and kept only positive reviews, but I am generally one of those 'better to take a loss' types. Though I do try to rationalize and calm down the scammers and frothing-mouthed morons the best I can. I sold a DVD set once that was imported from Singapore, guy went to Ebay and Paypal calling me a scammer saying they were bootleg (they weren't) merely because it said made in Singapore or something like that in fine print on the back instead of made in China. Still functioned flawlessly and same as the American version, but because it was from a different country Joe Schmo Scammer thought it was a nice idea to try and get it free. I had to research detailed photos that showed the fine print to show to Ebay before they basically told him you are wrong, which surprised me they even bothered to listen to me.

I realize it's copying and pasting and not you consciously or decidedly so I'm not trying to be a jerk or offend anyone, but note to those less familiar that WHATEVERNUMBERS@deleted are pointless to copy to your ban list as they are accounts that have been banned or deleted by choice or something else. So when you copy and paste lists if you do, delete the WHATEVERNUMBERS@DELETED after. Especially since Ebay limits blocks by your account status and transactions; (which is idiotic at best but whatever,) you will want free space because of these number limits for potential bans.

I'd also like to add it will be interesting to see how many people show up in multiple ban lists.
    Last edited by folffairport; 02-02-2017 at 02:35 PM. Reason: additional info
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    - George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    970 times
    I guess that I've either been lucky or scrupulous with my EBaying over the years (since 2004 buying and selling). I don't have a list of sellers to avoid. That being said, I could probably whip up a short list of buyers to avoid.
    MAGA- let's get this show on the road!

Sans Remords

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I guess that I've either been lucky or scrupulous with my EBaying over the years (since 2004 buying and selling). I don't have a list of sellers to avoid. That being said, I could probably whip up a short list of buyers to avoid.
    Post em. There used to be a website dedicated to what this thread is about until I believe if I'm not mistaken, Ebay actually bought the site specifically to close it, 'cause you know... gotta keep the money flowing even if it's through the antics of douchebag scammers. lol
    - George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    adding 3dognight1989 to the list
    - George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7.62 View Post
    0, 1920realt, 2013.doel, 262758c530cc6ee8601570, 561mjvota, abi127123rg, adrenalinetheory, aguilar1993christian, airsoftgman1212, alaa-rina, alf725, amaocskay, andrewrosenthal11, angeinigue_0, at8383, bidhigh12, blythesw, bobbybongrip, bodatious_bob, boredcentral, brandotwentyfourseven, cdf4500, chabch_lg69hydiqk, cminner1172, colt1018, cor.de8, corun123, damondoherty, danieldevoux199715, dcsnowman199, ddjustice9, dewguy2025, disneylimitededitionpins, dodgedemonx, dohrann91, donaghysales, dubnvw, dutchmansw, eldokpb, eliprovin, ezduzxb, fedewale, fishfishbun, flight2fuk, fnordinator, garne_parke, going_home, gonzagajoey, gravitygearguys, guelz009, gyzndol, halipino_2016, hduran17011701, immortal_phantasm, itmoves76, jasonmdavenport, jblle8t, jeep_man-dan, jerry.perez792012, jimmytac, jonprendergast20, kappeffect, knight1hemi-royal, larryrhorne2013, lennonsbeat, luftwaffeju89, madman314, mahlhead, marballfire, meister037, ncdangelo, neozyne, nicol_britt, nino070, paintball-09, paintball2011paintball, paintballndrumz, pbg222, pblaxer09, ps3gamer2, pumppbalternative, pvom6775, qwerty91134, reeferkeeper03, rhomus, riggs808, ryakell_9yujs, s2paintball, savvy_sniper, scary189, schollct, scltfir, shelby_ryan2014, snk_vintage, snowboard5467, soccer13stfrancis10, solmangrundy903, striderstriker9, tflm75, theautocockerguy, thunderbirdsbasketball2012, torresr37, us2013-weidm, vans0509, viper_924s, will11330, winpaintball, x-tremepb, zac218, zippster40, 1045009048@deleted, 1047327142@deleted

there is mine if you want to add. i dont really feel like typing a million words about how disgusted i get on there. ive got 2700 feedback on there it is really tough to keep 100% w/ some of the fuckheads w/ accounts.
    Wow, I wonder if Billy Joel could say that all in 3 minutes or less.
    Thrasher likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    472 times
    Add user "BigSal" to that list.... that fucker got the username before me... damn squatter..

Thrasher likes this.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    7978 times
    ha~ I had an ebay account from 1999 until somewhat recently..i'm too lazy to look it up... closed it right before there was a privacy breach scandal thing.

once the neighborhood went downhill, i bailed. not worth it for me.
    "If I spent half as much time in the gym as I do on the computer, I'd be ripped as s*** by now" - Me

"There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Adding rainiebeanie2011 to the list

Gotta love the whole "item defective, let me keep it regardless and have the refund money" thing that Ebay half the time allows. Nope, no red flags there. Luckily they are forcing them to return the item this time. Let's see if I get the whole switcheroo con done on me. Funny how all these cons are being pulled by people with like 3 feedback who can't really form a legibly structured sentence.

Oh and 10Gauge, "once the neighborhood went downhill, i bailed. not worth it for me." It's starting to look that way for me too. Hidden fees out of no where that never existed before, randomly removing X fees and raising Y, customer service is a joke, and the blatant amount of con artist buyers (and you cant leave negative feedback for buyers but it's ok to leave negative feedback for sellers for not letting you con them, not giving you free extras, etc etc) that nothing can be against is really going to put Ebay under which will be frankly due justice for their treatment of sellers.
    - George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    wendroga0 another item doesn't work with zero feedback scammer

I test every item I send out if it's a disc like a videogame or movie or software, I know 100% these products work and these people are making illegal copies and returning the item on my dime (ebay forces you to pay for shipping) and laughing their way to the money they originally spent back, raises no red flags to Ebay though, they'll just keep letting 'em do it.
    Last edited by folffairport; 03-13-2017 at 06:43 PM.
    - George Orwell

Sponsors