Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Battlefield 1 Anyone playing?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    152 times

Battlefield 1 Anyone playing?

I know I know I am 43 yrs old got three kids and yes I play video games. Wife says I need to grow up but...... I got this game and it's a WW1 setting and I got to tell you it's pretty damn fun. Got a lotta history in it weapons and planes Lawrence of Arabia going on. You fight from the Sinai desert to the Argonne Forrest. They are going to have the Russian empire in it soon to fight with. Just wondering if anyone is playing it and what do they think? I really like the fact you can mace somebody in the trenches and use a trench shotgun to clear em out!! And last but not least the bayonet charge to impale your opponents my kinda game!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    464 times
    Yep. Best game I've ever played.

As for your wife...who is she to tell you what you can and can't enjoy?

Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    I play. Ive played the battlefield series of games since bad company. The destructive environment and huge maps is why i prefer it over any other FPS game. It is way more realistic than other games out there. Im just glade they came out with the hardcore modes.
    Vlado and the.cheese like this.

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    I'll be playing it after my son gets it from Santa....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    Awesome I thought I might be in a big ass kid minority. I sucked at BF 4 but this one I am hookin and jabbin! STICKIN AND A STABBIN!
    well as far as the wife goes lol IDK WTF is up with it. I been playing these games since we been married and playing with my guns. She likes neither. But she will get over it always does.
    The russian army is coming along with the big shadow map on the Dec. 20th. Too bad we can't use a milled type 1 2 3 wrong war and all but all of you guys are right big maps and the environment being destroyed. Anyone want to get a AKforum squad going we can play?

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    That would be great, bunch of firearms enthusiasts with Joe Momma coordinating everything lol. In all reality, just need a team of guys with mics.

That shit would get real.

"GUY OVER THERE!" "WHERE?!" "OVER THERE BY THAT CRATER!" "YOU'RE FACE IS CRATERED" "WHAT?!" BOOM!
    Last edited by Bildobaggins; 12-14-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Read The Art of War and use it in that game, you will go 40-0.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    I barley play games anymore but this was one i was excited for.. I always wished they did a WW1 for years now along with other wars back before the futuristic stuff became the normal, glad to finally see something. Could be a little more accurate but i understand why. I think it has got people interested in the history of WW1 when they normally would not have though, i know my one friend has who never even knew about the zeppelin attacks over London until he played the game and i told him. Actually got him interested enough to watch a hr long documentary about them and how they were made..... My only complaint is everyone seams to be more interested in the online stuff anymore and i feel the actual game was fairly short when it could have been a lot longer with more interesting stuff added. I dont have the online so not sure how it is.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Too many sub machine guns, should have been a WWII game. Lots of people just running head long and not helping. Lots of grabass unless you have a good team.
    Vlado likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Had trouble with the AA against people storming my flag. The AA is great against aircraft but, I was drilling this guy with bursts and it took way to long to drop him. Stuff like that gets me. You aren't taking a barrage of airburst to the face or body like that and gonna keep running at me.

Member #
    Liked
    1514 times
    Yeah my wife jumps my ass about playing video games. She would rather I go to the garage and build guns. She says I was blessed with the gifts of being able to use my hands to turn a pile of parts into a gun. However I consider myself a legitimate salt farmer and therefore I play a lot of games like Rust. especially when I have no projects on the bench, it's too cold, I don't want to spend money or I just don't feel like it.

As for bf1 I tried it on my buddies console. The game was more fun than bf4. Still I haven't been motivated to buy it. I kinda felt there were too many smgs as well.

Banned
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    I like taking dudes out with the shovel
    My wife and I play the campaign together. We switch off when the other dies or until she feels the need to hog the controller.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    You guys think it's SMG heavy? Well I get killed a lot by the bolt guns or semis a lot. Damn pistols guys runnin around with those. Got to nerf the pistols too much range more range than artillery. Lol getting shot from a mile away.

Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    I only use the scout class and now that hardcore was added i only play hardcore modes. The only thing that really gets me mad is the medics reviving people i just shot in the face. I got a bounty out for any medic running around. if im providing overwatch for an objective you better believe the medics get picked off first.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Started playing it last week when the misses couldnt pass up the costco deal on the 1TB system. Too bad you have to download the game but maybe down the road when the disc is affordable I will pick one up and remove the game.

Beyond that...yeah I cuss all the submachine guns but apparently they did their research and these were around..I just wish they would add in some factor like jams etc.

Mnmkeller if anyone is on multiplaye. Look me up if anyone is on during the mornings usually during the week.
    Last edited by molonlabe; 12-15-2016 at 06:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors