Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New easier folding stock option for PAP/M92/M85/Draco

I figure I would post this here because not all of you might have seen it in the GD forums. Manticore arms posted a great new solution for people with Pap/M92's/M85/Draco pistols that want to add a sidefolder without having to chop apart the receiver. It attaches to a stormwerks/Ace hinge block which is as simple to attach as drilling and tapping two holes in the rear receiver. Will make the conversion a piece of cake, versus the old way of having to demill the receiver, cut new holes for the receiver, weld up old old holes in receiver, rivet in new rear trunnion.etc.... really makes it a job most anyone with a small bit of skill and a drill press could do, versus needing a gunsmith or lots of tools to swap in a Bulgarian/Russian folder.

Obligatory legal notice. You must either get a barrel extension permanently welded on before adding the stock making the barrel 16" or longer, or you must get a NFA SBR tax stamp prior if you want the short barrel. As shown in the picture below its a S.B.R and if you don't have a legal tax stamp you would be committing a felony- Know your NFA laws before building!

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/vie...p?f=3&t=197492

Do not anger the dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yep ace set up. I did the same thing.

sent from my damn tappy device...
    Last edited by zfields; 12-18-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    12-9-13 310.jpgEffin A comp...hardly a jump at all

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    opps.. wrong thread...DOOH!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    We installed one of the Manticore stocks on an M92 using the Stormwerks hinge for a customer and were decidedly let down in the end. The entire assembly, despite being made from aluminum is quite heavy. In addition, ALL of the screws provided by the customer with the stock and hinge were the incorrect size and/or thread pitch. The attachment screws for the stock to hinge were about 1/4" too short. Easy fix, but frustrating. Once mounted, we found that even with the hinge to rear trunnion screws torqued all the way down to the point of risking stripping the threads there was still a bit of wobble in it, so we added a hole for a roll pin which took out 99% of the wobble. The biggest let-down is simply the hinge mechanism and the overall weight, as it does not easily allow for the manipulation of the stock from one position to the other and really tips a SBR center of balance to the rear. With the extension out front, not so much. In any case, a decent solution with minimal modification to the M92 host but overall, I give it a low B minus.

photo 4.jpg

Vendors

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Meridian View Post
    We installed one of the Manticore stocks on an M92 using the Stormwerks hinge for a customer and were decidedly let down in the end. The entire assembly, despite being made from aluminum is quite heavy. In addition, ALL of the screws provided by the customer with the stock and hinge were the incorrect size and/or thread pitch. The attachment screws for the stock to hinge were about 1/4" too short. Easy fix, but frustrating. Once mounted, we found that even with the hinge to rear trunnion screws torqued all the way down to the point of risking stripping the threads there was still a bit of wobble in it, so we added a hole for a roll pin which took out 99% of the wobble. The biggest let-down is simply the hinge mechanism and the overall weight, as it does not easily allow for the manipulation of the stock from one position to the other and really tips a SBR center of balance to the rear. With the extension out front, not so much. In any case, a decent solution with minimal modification to the M92 host but overall, I give it a low B minus.

photo 4.jpg

Mike,

Sorry you were not happy with the stock. The weight is listed right in the description of the product, so I don't really know what to say. With a big aluminum fake supressor on there I can't honestly say that our stock is all the issue with weight, you have 16 ounces of aluminum strapped to the front of the gun too...

As for the screws, I suspect during install someone reversed the screws that were included with the stock with the screws that come with the hinge, they are not the same length. All the screws are 10-32, it sounds like someone may have cross threaded the screws in the holes during install.

The screws included with our stock are 3/4" 10-32 with washers, these are the ones to mount the stock to the hinge. The 1/2" 10-32 screws are the ones to mount the hinge to the rifle.

Using the wrong length of screws in the stock to the hinge (i.e. using the ones provided in the Stormwerkz hinge pacakging to attache the stock to the hinge) or cross threading them would cause the wobble. The screws with he stock are exactly the right length to engage all of the thread in the hinge when the washers are installed. As already mentioned the Stormwerkz screws are shorter.

Call us at 630-715-0334 and we can discuss, we are here to help.

Sven
    Manticore Arms
    Last edited by Dawg180; 02-14-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    "I pledge allegiance to the ideal left us by men wiser than I, having the forethought to gift their children with the power of being free."

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg180 View Post
    The screws included with our stock are 3/4" 10-32 with washers, these are the ones to mount the stock to the hinge. The 1/2" 10-32 screws are the ones to mount the hinge to the rifle.
    I haven't installed mine yet (waiting on paperwork), but I was disappointed that when ordering the Manticore stock with Stormwerkz hinge, no locknuts were included. Do you recommend a particular (preferably black) 10-32 locknut for mounting the stock to the hinge?
    Montani Semper Liberi

Vendors

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by montani2 View Post
    I haven't installed mine yet (waiting on paperwork), but I was disappointed that when ordering the Manticore stock with Stormwerkz hinge, no locknuts were included. Do you recommend a particular (preferably black) 10-32 locknut for mounting the stock to the hinge?
    Do you mean the 10-32 bolts and washers were not included with the stock? they should have been in a little plastic bag inside the bubble wrap bag that the Triagnle Stock was in.

If you are missing them, just send me a PM with your address and I will mail a set to you.

Sven
    Manticore Arms
    "I pledge allegiance to the ideal left us by men wiser than I, having the forethought to gift their children with the power of being free."

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors