Member #
    Liked
    24 times

Romanian Tokarev- yay or nay?

Any reason I shouldn't get one? Any problems with them so far? How about the add-on safety?
    I've recently decided that I'm Irish. I mean....why else would I love red-headed women and Irish whiskey so much?

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Romanian Tokarev- yay or nay?

Not bad for the price. Lots of cosmoline as they really slathered them good. They need a a good cleaning when you gets them. Some are tight fits as far as the magazine is concerned and need a little work there. The aftermarket "safety" can also interfere with function and may be better to just take it off and pitch it. Then the ammo is getting harder to find as many new conversions to 7.62x25 and various other imports of the same calibre resulted in the cheap surplus simply drying up. Otherwise, why not? I have a few in my collection.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

No problems with the couple I've had. And for the price its a nice pistol to add to any collection....especially with the polish going up already
    WTB: Egyptian barrel, any barrel stub(chamber part...cheap), tokarev/makarov stuff, 1986 dated kits or 0423 serial numbers

Member #
    Liked
    24 times

I'm thinking about giving Classicarms a call. Does the safety come out fairly easily? I had an old pre-safety Tok for a while, but foolishly sold it before I really commited everything about it to memory. I do remember the unique method of securing the grips.
    I've recently decided that I'm Irish. I mean....why else would I love red-headed women and Irish whiskey so much?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by scapegoat762
    Does the safety come out fairly easily?

Yes, it comes out incredibly easy. So easy in fact, that you have to be careful not to lose the little spring and detent that allow it to function. Once field stripped, the safety lever on mine almost falls out of the frame.

For some reason, the Romy Toks always seem to have buggered-up checkering, compared to, for example, the Polish Toks. Unfortunately, that really detracts from an otherwise decent pistol...
    Hold yourself, and others, accountable for good behavior.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

the safty is ugly but doesnt cause mine any problems. Removing it would just leave a big hole which is even uglier imo.

Sponsors