AK Rifles banner

Tabuk / M-70 Butt Pads

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  rj308 
#1 ·
Ok I think this is the last new part for me to find. Anyone have a clue where to find a new or like new buttpad for the Tabuk? I was thinking maybe someone (maybe me again) could mold some out of hard rubber or even plastic. I remember a thread on plastic molding when guys were talking about molding new M-70 grips. It looked pretty easy and not very expensive. It was a nice little plastic molding kit thay had bought.

#3 ·
StreetTrends said:
It seems like Matt was offering them with the Tabuk stocks for only a dollar or two more.
I believe those were US butt pads and the rear of the Tabuk stock had to conform to the US buttpad. I elected to leave the rear as originally designed, and I would find a buttpad on my own.

You may want to try and call a vendor who has an over abundance of Yugo Kits and see if they have a spare buttpad.

#4 ·
There are very few kits out there now and even fewer with fixed stocks. I wish our 'registered importer of record' (Hesse/Blackthorne/AKPartsKits) would supply small parts that many of us need. They could have made a killing on RPK rear sights, wood, butt pads, gas blocks without grenade sights, cleaning rods, scopes, etc.

Maybe someone will step forward....

#16 ·
I called the Tech support and they told me a compound that sounds like it would work great. These buttpads have a steel insert in them to keep the screws from pulling through. I would like to do it as a project but I have WAY too many irons in the fire now. It will be months before I could get to this. I do wish someone would step up and give this a shot. It looks like you could make about 100 for 300 dollars. Hell, I would pay 30 bucks for a new buttpad. Someone MAKE THESE!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.