Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: WA state SBR bill

Member #
    Liked
    701 times

WA state SBR bill

If any of the members here are from WA state there was a SBR bill passed today in senate. It passed the senate today with 47-0-2excused. We have a really good chance of this happening. Contact your representives and ask them to support the bill. Hopefully this get passed and we can finally have our SBR!

Mods, I posted this here to get the traffic that GD gets. However if you feel the need to move it then please, by all means.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=1561
    Last edited by 22many; 02-19-2014 at 12:37 AM.
    badclam, BigSal and AZG like this.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    This is good.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    582 times
    We can leave this in GD for the reason you mentioned. I hope it passes!
    Last edited by JoeMomma; 02-19-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    952 times
    That's awesome man! No SBRs in Washington was one of those laws that always surprised me. Surprises me even more though that enough people could potentially get the NFA laws changed in Washington. Gives me a tiny sliver of hope the rest of the nation could pull that off someday with the damn Brady bill...

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Good luck!
    WTB: E. German BC 1276 (have one to trade)

Member #
    Liked
    615 times
    Finally some good news...I hope this passes for our Washington State members...best of luck!
    The engineer has been, and is, a maker of history

Member #
    Liked
    701 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiorentino View Post
    That's awesome man! No SBRs in Washington was one of those laws that always surprised me. Surprises me even more though that enough people could potentially get the NFA laws changed in Washington. Gives me a tiny sliver of hope the rest of the nation could pull that off someday with the damn Brady bill...
    Yes, we are trying to get laws changed. Washington is a pretty gun friendly state with a couple of restrictions. A couple years ago we had gotten the suppresser law passed and now we are trying for the SBR. What's nice is that so far we have met no opposition on this bill. What we really need is for LE to show up at the meeting (long shot, I know) in support of this bill. Certain LE officers have wrote to their reps in support of this bill so far.

Certain gun groups within Washington state decided to go on the offensive against gun restrictions presented in Washington state. Gabby and the spaceman tried to get universal BG checks passed just a week ago and failed. As of lately we have a pending bill with strong support against government officials overriding state laws against gun confiscation and also a bill thats against any state tax on gun purchases and ammo purchases.

Stay diligent and we have a good chance.
    Last edited by 22many; 02-19-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    AZG likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    I may move back to Spokane if this passes. North Idaho is great and all, but WA has no income tax and it will become worth living in that state again if I can be assured my freedoms will be respected.

Congrats to all you guys next door in any case!
    Jbird206 and AZG like this.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    If this passes and just one more (machineguns to be finally allowed) I can fulfill my lifelong dream of moving to Washington state when I retire.
    Jbird206 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    952 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    Yes, we are trying to get laws changed. Washington is a pretty gun friendly state with a couple of restrictions. A couple years ago we had gotten the suppresser law passed and now we are trying for the SBR. What's nice is that so far we have met no opposition on this bill. What we really need is for LE to show up at the meeting (long shot, I know) in support of this bill. Certain LE officers have wrote to their reps in support of this bill so far.

Certain gun groups within Washington state decided to go on the offensive against gun restrictions presented in Washington state. Gabby and the spaceman tried to get universal BG checks passed just a week ago and failed. As of lately we have a pending bill with strong support against government officials overriding state laws against gun confiscation and also a bill thats against any state tax on gun purchases and ammo purchases.

Stay diligent and we have a good chance.
    Just let us non-residents know if we can do anything.

And yeah, I always assumed you guys were very gun-friendly so I was always surprised to hear that. All it takes to change the law is exactly what you guys are doing

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This is great. The only problem is it doesn't specifically cover manufacture. That would be nice.

Member #
    Liked
    701 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KMFDM View Post
    If this passes and just one more (machineguns to be finally allowed) I can fulfill my lifelong dream of moving to Washington state when I retire.
    While I make no promises and I don't even know if anybody have thought of it yet but I wouldn't be suprised if that was the next hurtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiorentino View Post
    Just let us non-residents know if we can do anything.

And yeah, I always assumed you guys were very gun-friendly so I was always surprised to hear that. All it takes to change the law is exactly what you guys are doing
    Thanks for the support. Unfortunately the suppressor law and SBR law was enacted when the 94 AWB hit. You know politicians, if they don't understand something they ban it. At least these days gun owners are more in tune with politics then we were back then so were slowly getting our rights back.

Tell ya what, if this passes I'll be the first to file for SBR paperwork. My 105 clone and m92 are begging to be put back to how they were intended.

Member #
    Liked
    701 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soulman76 View Post
    The only problem is it doesn't specifically cover manufacture.
    Thats the beauty of it.

Bigsal, would love to have you back. If the bill passes that does not tax ammo or firearm purchases then consider it a extra incentive for you to move.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    Gabby and the spaceman tried to get universal BG checks passed just a week ago and failed.
    Isn't there an initiative coming up on that? As happy as I am to see the 47-0 vote on the SBR bill, something keeps telling me to hold off on looking for a piece of property here.

Member #
    Liked
    701 times
    Quote Originally Posted by beerthirty View Post
    Isn't there an initiative coming up on that? As happy as I am to see the 47-0 vote on the SBR bill, something keeps telling me to hold off on looking for a piece of property here.
    Yeah, they failed to get it passed. Most likely it will go to the ballot in november. With the signatures that it failed to get I don't seeing it going anywhere.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors