AK Rifles banner

My Form 3 just cleared and my 1952 reweld is home! I need some advice.

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  slartybartfast 
#1 ·
I just got my 1952 re weld yesterday and she is beautiful. The prior SOT who built it from a torch cut kit is the best welder I have seen in quite some time. I'm in the pipe trades and deal with welders all the time, this guy is good. I've only had enough time to run around 50 rounds through it but it seems to shoot very well. Tuesday is range day for the RPD and a few other new guns. We have a machinegun shoot in a couple of weeks and did not think this gun and a few others would clear in time.

What should I look for, what should I avoid and what should I pay special attention too? I appreciate any advice you all have to offer, I rarely post but read a lot. My Brother has been here for awhile now and said all good peeps and not like most of the other forums.

#3 ·
You may want to consider the purchase of the adapter that allows the mounting and use of M249 SAW soft ammo cases for the belts.
Not only does the gun handle better, but the SAW belt case has steel feed lips that tension the belt and keep it from jumping as much as it does coming out of the original belt can.

Richard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.