Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

RPK74 parts kits

I've always wanted an RPK, so I signed up for a new NDS-8 receiver and if NoDak proceeds with that project I plan to have In Range do the build.

I'm not as familiar with component-assembled guns as most of you guys, so collecting a group of parts that are complete, in excellent condition and reasonably compatable in terms of era and nationality is a challenge. I'll apologize up front for my newbie questions - I don't expect others to figure everything out for me, but there's no spare time in my life and I'm trying to research this efficiently.

It would be great to start with a complete matched # parts kit in excellent-to-new condition so 1) I don't send Troy an incomplete bag of mismatched worn-out junk, and 2) it doesn't end up looking like it was assembled from a multi-national spare parts bin, but I've looked enough to know these are difficult to find. If someone would like to convert a stashed kit into $ or knows of a source, I'd really appreciate hearing about it. [I've already posted on WTB.]

Whether I find a full kit or put the pieces together, it would be very useful to have a checklist of the RPK74 parts that are needed in addition to the receiver, and which of those parts are specific to the RPK. If this exists, can someone provide a link?

Apart from that, any tips or suggestions would be welcome. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get deeper into this.

Thanks!
    I organize and sell Combloc weapon/parts/accessory collections for those who haven't the time or inclination.
    If this sounds useful, send a PM or email for more info.

WANTED: EG ZFK 4x25 scope kit, Yugo M76 & Polish AK front/rear stubs, CNC Warrior M70/UF, AK74/UF, & Chicom receivers, Polish 1960 & EG AKM barrels

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: RPK74 parts kits

kits come up for sale on the ee boards from time to time.also watch gunbroker.i stole mine,got the last 1 orf has for $550,all matching,unfired.just got my invoice for nds 8.watch copes and military gun supply also.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwar2
    kits come up for sale on the ee boards from time to time.also watch gunbroker.i stole mine,got the last 1 orf has for $550,all matching,unfired.just got my invoice for nds 8.watch copes and military gun supply also.

So far, I know of 3 of us that got the last one from ORF.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

yeah I got one too, it is brand new.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

ouch, VERY sorry I missed that. How long ago did you get those kits, maybe there's a 4th "last one" left.
    I organize and sell Combloc weapon/parts/accessory collections for those who haven't the time or inclination.

WANTED: EG ZFK 4x25 scope kit, Yugo M76 & Polish AK front/rear stubs, CNC Warrior M70/UF, AK74/UF, & Chicom receivers, Polish 1960 & EG AKM barrels

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Kits are hard to come by right now and if the receiver order goes thru you'll probably need to pay near $1,000 for a decent parts kit if you can find one. The ORF kits for $550 was a very rare close out sale and is will not likely to be repeated as they are now out of business.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I believe Comm Bloc had a bulgarian restamp with laminate furniture. I believe the price was around $800, pretty good shape too.
    One day I will have a nice collection of AKs... instead of a nice collection of cardboard boxes.

WTB:
    Russian plum waffles

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Thanks. I've written, we'll see.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

commblock is a great guy to deal with.buy with confidence.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwar2
    commblock is a great guy to deal with.buy with confidence.

Agreed, John is the man.
    One day I will have a nice collection of AKs... instead of a nice collection of cardboard boxes.

WTB:
    Russian plum waffles

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

If one of you guys has his email, I'd appreciate receiving it by PM. Only way I could reach him was through a GB product inquiry, didn't see his name on the members list for this forum.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

pm sent with johns email

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

So did he have any more kits? I too am interested in one. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

he may there is a good deal with a kit and NDS 8 on GB right now.

WTB:
    Russian plum waffles

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by ironeagle16
    he may there is a good deal with a kit and NDS 8 on GB right now.

Ha, I know the seller, and I think he's a pretty decent guy It's a nice kit, too.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

...you'll probably need to pay near $1,000 for a decent parts kit if you can find one. The ORF kits for $550 was a very rare close out sale and is will not likely to be repeated as they are now out of business.

ORF had those new kits for 1600.00 for a while, they sold the leftovers out just before went out of business to a very few and very lucky guys. The kits being sold on GB for the last couple of years in 900.00-1200.00 range. If you see one for sale try to buy it, they will never be imported again (at least with original barrel).

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by sladest
    ...you'll probably need to pay near $1,000 for a decent parts kit if you can find one. The ORF kits for $550 was a very rare close out sale and is will not likely to be repeated as they are now out of business.

ORF had those new kits for 1600.00 for a while, they sold the leftovers out just before went out of business to a very few and very lucky guys. The kits being sold on GB for the last couple of years in 900.00-1200.00 range. If you see one for sale try to buy it, they will never be imported again (at least with original barrel).

The ORF kits were $516 shipped.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Todd Grove (ORF owner) had terminal illness (RIP Todd, we'll remember you as VERY GOOD GUY).... In order to pay his bills some items were sold cheep just before he passed away... My deepest condolences to his family and especially the young son...
    P.S. ORF had hundreds of RPK-74 kits, most been sold for way over a grand, some were sold for 800.00 last year to our board members and last ones for 500.00 to a very few lucky guys. It would be unrealistic to expect that person who paid 1600.00 for like new bulgy restamp would now sell it for 500.00.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times

Quote Originally Posted by sladest

Todd Grove (ORF owner) had terminal illness (RIP Todd, we'll remember you as VERY GOOD GUY).... In order to pay his bills some items were sold cheep just before he passed away... My deepest condolences to his family and especially the young son...
    P.S. ORF had hundreds of RPK-74 kits, most been sold for way over a grand, some were sold for 800.00 last year to our board members and last ones for 500.00 to a very few lucky guys. It would be unrealistic to expect that person who paid 1600.00 for like new bulgy restamp would now sell it for 500.00.
    There are no receivers though so someone might just want to cut their losses.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot308

There are no receivers though so someone might just want to cut their losses.
    But there should be some shortly. NDS was offering to do a run of RPK74 receivers. I don't know if they ever got enough commitments to proceed with the project or not, but I think they did. Also, AK-Builder says he will have a run of flats available. I'm waiting on a flat from Curtis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors