Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    223 times

RPK74 parts kits

I've always wanted an RPK, so I signed up for a new NDS-8 receiver and if NoDak proceeds with that project I plan to have In Range do the build.

I'm not as familiar with component-assembled guns as most of you guys, so collecting a group of parts that are complete, in excellent condition and reasonably compatable in terms of era and nationality is a challenge. I'll apologize up front for my newbie questions - I don't expect others to figure everything out for me, but there's no spare time in my life and I'm trying to research this efficiently.

It would be great to start with a complete matched # parts kit in excellent-to-new condition so 1) I don't send Troy an incomplete bag of mismatched worn-out junk, and 2) it doesn't end up looking like it was assembled from a multi-national spare parts bin, but I've looked enough to know these are difficult to find. If someone would like to convert a stashed kit into $ or knows of a source, I'd really appreciate hearing about it. [I've already posted on WTB.]

Whether I find a full kit or put the pieces together, it would be very useful to have a checklist of the RPK74 parts that are needed in addition to the receiver, and which of those parts are specific to the RPK. If this exists, can someone provide a link?

Apart from that, any tips or suggestions would be welcome. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get deeper into this.

Thanks!
    LOOKING FOR:
    #1 - East German AKM Barrel (I'll be eternally grateful); Yugo M76 & Polish AK Front (and rear) Receiver Stubs - Ready to respond with cash or eye-popping trade possibilities!

I can organize and convert your Combloc weapon/parts/accessory collection to cash if you lack the time or inclination. Contact me by PM or email for more information.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: RPK74 parts kits

kits come up for sale on the ee boards from time to time.also watch gunbroker.i stole mine,got the last 1 orf has for $550,all matching,unfired.just got my invoice for nds 8.watch copes and military gun supply also.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwar2
    kits come up for sale on the ee boards from time to time.also watch gunbroker.i stole mine,got the last 1 orf has for $550,all matching,unfired.just got my invoice for nds 8.watch copes and military gun supply also.

So far, I know of 3 of us that got the last one from ORF.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

yeah I got one too, it is brand new.

Member #
    Liked
    223 times

ouch, VERY sorry I missed that. How long ago did you get those kits, maybe there's a 4th "last one" left.
    LOOKING FOR:
    #1 - East German AKM Barrel (I'll be eternally grateful); Yugo M76 & Polish AK Front (and rear) Receiver Stubs - Ready to respond with cash or eye-popping trade possibilities!

I can organize and convert your Combloc weapon/parts/accessory collection to cash if you lack the time or inclination. Contact me by PM or email for more information.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Kits are hard to come by right now and if the receiver order goes thru you'll probably need to pay near $1,000 for a decent parts kit if you can find one. The ORF kits for $550 was a very rare close out sale and is will not likely to be repeated as they are now out of business.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I believe Comm Bloc had a bulgarian restamp with laminate furniture. I believe the price was around $800, pretty good shape too.
    One day I will have a nice collection of AKs... instead of a nice collection of cardboard boxes.

WTB:
    Russian plum waffles

Member #
    Liked
    223 times

Thanks. I've written, we'll see.
    LOOKING FOR:

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

commblock is a great guy to deal with.buy with confidence.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwar2
    commblock is a great guy to deal with.buy with confidence.

Agreed, John is the man.
    One day I will have a nice collection of AKs... instead of a nice collection of cardboard boxes.

WTB:
    Russian plum waffles

Member #
    Liked
    223 times

If one of you guys has his email, I'd appreciate receiving it by PM. Only way I could reach him was through a GB product inquiry, didn't see his name on the members list for this forum.
    LOOKING FOR:

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

pm sent with johns email

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

So did he have any more kits? I too am interested in one. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

he may there is a good deal with a kit and NDS 8 on GB right now.

WTB:
    Russian plum waffles

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by ironeagle16
    he may there is a good deal with a kit and NDS 8 on GB right now.

Ha, I know the seller, and I think he's a pretty decent guy It's a nice kit, too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors