Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Gabe Suarez's AK Gunfighting Video

New production. I believe they are selling for $49.99 at www.onesourcetactical.com. I'll be getting a copy. Here's a preview provided on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fouesdpTBXo

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    One correction to the above post - it is a new production from Paladin Press, not IMG. You can get it from Gabe or directly from Paladin.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    many of the guys over on ak47.net are tearing into this video.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    IBTL
    Arm Yourself With Knowledge
    Vickers Shooting Method Instructor

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    People on that board will argue over ANYTHING!
    "Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrvidar
    It's Suarez, he's surrounded by controversy. If you aren't on his site or GOTX, it's always people bashing him for doing things a little differently.

Guys with far more experience and credentials than I seem to respect him, so I take that for what it's worth. I'll be attending a class of his this year and can form a first person opinion then.

I don't take armchair cammando's opinions on a message board very highly. The dudes who are the real deal respect him, I value their opinions more than your average joe.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soupsandwich
    One correction to the above post - it is a new production from Paladin Press, not IMG. You can get it from Gabe or directly from Paladin.
    My bad, I wrote before confirming. Thanks for the correction.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    We got this moron to come to the AKFiles once to defend his high prices. I sent him a link inviting him. He treated the members like crap and put all of us hobbiests down. That guy is a real piece of work.
    Check this out. I would never give this idiot a dime. He ended up getting banned LOL!
    http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34239
    The front line is everywhere.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    but what a bunch of tools, I learned about trigger reset and the importance of it from Louis Awerbuck in 1999, these "experts" act like they never heard of it. Really, when your whole argument is the clothes he wears....cmon!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have never met the man but I was able to take away some info from that video. I'd probably order one myself but for $50 I might wait for that to go on sale.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Based on his responses on another board about price gouging. I would never give him a dime.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I bought a copy of the video a few weeks back and have watched it a couple times. The production quality is good but I don't care for the goofy fake Cyrillic writing at the beginning of each chapter.

The material is presented in a fairly logical manner. I do note that Gabe never mentions anything about manipulating the safety but we see several clips of him flipping the safety up and down with his middle finger. Also, I wish he would have included some one-handed manipulations and "down and disabled" info. Anyway, the video is pretty good overall but there's nothing in there that hasn't been shown/done elsewhere. With that said, if this video was put out by somebody else, it would already be heralded as gospel.

Suarez is EXTREMELY controversial and threads about him always turn into ugly mud slinging contests in short order.
    When a man is pushed to his very limits, and he realizes there is absolutely nowhere else to go -- then he really has to start fighting!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stripperclip69
    Based on his responses on another board about price gouging. I would never give him a dime.
    Yeah, thats the way to run your life, don't check things out for yourself. It's always much better to listen to a couple of TOOLS on the internet.LOL

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dtom29
    Quote Originally Posted by stripperclip69
    Yeah, thats the way to run your life, don't check things out for yourself. It's always much better to listen to a couple of TOOLS on the internet.LOL
    Go to the link in post 8 :roll:

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I can't access the link in post 8. Do you have to be a mmber of that site to see it?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Got a link? Trying to keep this thread on topic, if possible.
    When a man is pushed to his very limits, and he realizes there is absolutely nowhere else to go -- then he really has to start fighting!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway
    I can't access the link in post 8. Do you have to be a mmber of that site to see it?
    Im pretty sure you can browse as a guest. Its worht registering though. Good sight as is this one.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by USBP379
    I bought a copy of the video a few weeks back and have watched it a couple times. The production quality is good but I don't care for the goofy fake Cyrillic writing at the beginning of each chapter.

The material is presented in a fairly logical manner. I do note that Gabe never mentions anything about manipulating the safety but we see several clips of him flipping the safety up and down with his middle finger. Also, I wish he would have included some one-handed manipulations and "down and disabled" info. Anyway, the video is pretty good overall but there's nothing in there that hasn't been shown/done elsewhere. With that said, if this video was put out by somebody else, it would already be heralded as gospel.

Suarez is EXTREMELY controversial and threads about him always turn into ugly mud slinging contests in short order.
    I agree!

I recently ordered from Paladin Press the video titled, Gabe Suarez's AK Gunfighting Video. Some observations:

I have learned over the years that Suarez is EXTREMELY controversial and there are many traditional shooters and firearms instructors that will immediately turn red at the mention of him. But I have never had a problem with what he had to say!

I found his video very informative and I would differ with Suarez on only a few minor points – the biggest being the use of the sling. I feel that the sling should be somehow looped over your shoulders when manipulating the AK so if you should have to use your handgun, you do not have to use the (what I consider) clumsy of slinging the AK completely over your shoulders. Use of the more conventional tactical sling is ok with me.

I have a decent size library of firearms training videos, and no one alone shows you everything. I have learned that you have to take a set of videos and merge them together to get a complete training doctrine. So in this light, I feel this video was certainly as good, if not better than all other firearms’ training videos that I have seen.

Many of the tactics and techniques Suarez uses in the video – with the exceptions of those very specific to the AK (loading, unloading, etc.) – can be used with any rifle, including my M4s.

I think the best point of Suarez’s video is his point that gunfighting is a martial art, and the martial arts’ are truly (equally) users of both the left and right sides of the body, and currently only gunfighting one sided (strong sided), and that needs to be changed.

Suarez’s emphasis on using both the left and right sides of the body is an excellent point! And his demonstrated methods for doing so are a great step forward – especially firing the AK while moving through the clock positions firing right hand and left hand.

Suarez training in this video is geared is heavily military orientated – not a problem just something to consider.

Run time was good, so for $50 I feel I got my money’s worth. Hell, I have spent $50 ion more foolish things!

I have subscribed to Suarez’s training newsletters and I do plan on taking some classes from him as soon as possible!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've had a chance to watch several clips from this video, and I consider many of Gabe's techniques viable (if not necessarily optimal) and some I disagree with. For those of you basing all of your opinions off of watching a DVD, I would suggest actually attending training from several different instructors. People, when they first get into the training world, have a tendency to take everything they learn from their first instructor as gospel - it takes quite a while to begin to figure out "what works for you", what you consider viable and what makes (in your mind) for a good instructor.
    Arm Yourself With Knowledge
    Vickers Shooting Method Instructor

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar
    I've had a chance to watch several clips from this video, and I consider many of Gabe's techniques viable (if not necessarily optimal) and some I disagree with. For those of you basing all of your opinions off of watching a DVD, I would suggest actually attending training from several different instructors. People, when they first get into the training world, have a tendency to take everything they learn from their first instructor as gospel - it takes quite a while to begin to figure out "what works for you", what you consider viable and what makes (in your mind) for a good instructor.
    I agree 100-percent!

I am very impressed with some of the techniques I watched in this video – especially the chapter titled Ambidextrous Use of the AK – I have never seen anyone fire a rifle / carbine like that! The ambidextrous use of a weapon is very useful. After watching this chapter many times, I can now perform these techniques with my M4 carbines. One nice thing in using a M4 carbine while doing these ambidextrous techniques is I do not have to worry about where my left thumb is (to clear the charging handle on the AK bolt).

So overall, I would grade this video a solid “A” with the proviso that this video is for the advanced shooter (like me with Gunsite, Thunder Ranch and other schools under my belt). My closing comment about this video is, “Hey Gabe….Get a Bigger Cap!”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors