"Sniper Rifle of the Jihad"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    216 times

"Sniper Rifle of the Jihad"

"This is the AK 47 Assault Rifle, the preferred weapon of your enemy; it makes a distinctive sound when fired at you."

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have one of the kits from the first Weaponeer buy and a coldsteel 80%. Don't have the balls to start the build yet. On the list for a 100% receiver since July, but I did get some of the "real" ammo in anticipation. I'm in no hurry, I'd like to do it right. I can get sub MOA with my model 70 Wins' in .223, .270 and .308, I 'm anxious to see what the PSL can do.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Shot in the back with a 7.62x54mmR, has it fly through his chest... flicks the guy off... then goes back into duty a month later...

Beast of the year award. :shock:
    I want to forget mistakes they've helped me make;
    Its better to be broken, then to break...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchkma
    I have one of the kits from the first Weaponeer buy and a coldsteel 80%. Don't have the balls to start the build yet. On the list for a 100% receiver since July, but I did get some of the "real" ammo in anticipation. I'm in no hurry, I'd like to do it right. I can get sub MOA with my model 70 Wins' in .223, .270 and .308, I 'm anxious to see what the PSL can do.
    I've had mine a couple years now .. and ill tell you that your bolt rifle will be more accurate than the PLS..at long ranges..

The article is really not correct from what i have read in the past..
    These rifles are marksman rifles true.. They were designed to engage
    the enemy at extended distances, and provide cover fire so the platoon
    can get in range and engage them with their AK's.. These guns were never designed as sniper rifles..

Also just to mention.. 98% of us who have the commercial variant
    do not know or never heard of .. That the military PSL has a thicker
    barrel .. A few were imported back in the late 80,s early 90's that
    were true military PSL's .. if the rifle in the article is a true military
    version.. it will shoot better than our commercial models,, especially after
    the barrel gets heated up..

Super Duper Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    I love mine..... thanks for posting the article
    rt ds rt h
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Marketplace Rules
    Forum Rules

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter122
    hmm...

that looks familiar...I got one of them

great post KF, I appreciate it

edit: I saw this article in the mag, but its nice to see it here too
    I got mine too...............great post.
    Member - KCA / KBC & AKF #77
    Member #4 of the AKF-4
    ????

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

remember this one from my other post?,... this was done with the irons, if i would have used the scope and could practice as much as i would like to i know the groups would get smaller.

and thats the Wolf ammo,.. the Russian surplus i have shoots alot better,. and i am sure the 7n1 does even better than that.

alot of people thub there noses at these rifles,.. and you know thats fine,.. i know what i can do with mine,. and i know it is capeable of more, i just do not have the skill to get all that is possable out of this rifle.

will i ever get there?,.. i dont know.

but i know for damn sure i dont ever want to be on the reciveing end of one of these rifles.

and please post PG. 66 when you get a chance
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said Here am I, Send me ISAIAH 6:8

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzie27

remember this one from my other post?,... this was done with the irons, if i would have used the scope and could practice as much as i would like to i know the groups would get smaller.

and thats the Wolf ammo,.. the Russian surplus i have shoots alot better,. and i am sure the 7n1 does even better than that.

alot of people thub there noses at these rifles,.. and you know thats fine,.. i know what i can do with mine,. and i know it is capeable of more, i just do not have the skill to get all that is possable out of this rifle.

will i ever get there?,.. i dont know.

but i know for damn sure i dont ever want to be on the reciveing end of one of these rifles.

and please post PG. 66 when you get a chance
    I guess some people got some bad tn guns and others can't shoot. Mine shoots like a champ and have shot 1 in or less. Thats just with cz and 120 rds. I'm pretty sure I'll get better.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Mine gives me sub 2" groups at 100 yds even with a warmed barrel. I love it. Its a rifle with great character. With the 8x posp scope (Like Copes sells now.) I don't even need my spotting scope if I shoot at white paper. The hits are that easy to see.
    But it does have an occassional failure to eject that troubles me. The ejected case get's stove piped and jammed into the half way fed next round. Takes a good heave to bring the bolt back and clear it. That happens a few times during 100 rounds of use in a range session.
    I wish I could cure that. It's annoying, but the gun is so damn good otherwise.
    But heck, some day if recievers come back on the market with good quality, I'll just unbuild it and install a new reciever!
    In the meanwhile, it's still a keeper.
    "Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again."

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidecarnutz
    Mine gives me sub 2" groups at 100 yds even with a warmed barrel. I love it. Its a rifle with great character. With the 8x posp scope (Like Copes sells now.) I don't even need my spotting scope if I shoot at white paper. The hits are that easy to see.
    But it does have an occassional failure to eject that troubles me. The ejected case get's stove piped and jammed into the half way fed next round. Takes a good heave to bring the bolt back and clear it. That happens a few times during 100 rounds of use in a range session.
    I wish I could cure that. It's annoying, but the gun is so damn good otherwise.
    But heck, some day if recievers come back on the market with good quality, I'll just unbuild it and install a new reciever!
    In the meanwhile, it's still a keeper.
    Read this post about the failure to ejects. Should solve your problem with a dremel. It's got pictures too. I see that you posted in it but, don't know if you went back after stargazer posted.
    http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewto...561&highlight=

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I didn't see that last one. Thanks!
    I relieved mine, but no change. Looks like I need to relieve it a touch more so the rims clear the rail as the cases get flung out.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    also take a look at your extractor and extractor spring,..

i know my PSL got to acting up when i would bump fire it,.. doing exactly what you described,.. i figured it was the shitty ammo i ran thru it,.. but once i took the bolt down and cleaned everything,. it was good to go.

KF,.. thanks for posting that page,.. hell thanks for posting the whole article,.. i never knew these had a 1:10 RH twist,.. learn something new everyday
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said Here am I, Send me ISAIAH 6:8

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Yeah! Thanks for posting it. I copied the jpegs and printed them out to save!
    I mod'd my ejector rail again to deepen that radius. I'll try to get to the range Thursday for a function check! If that fails I'll strip the bolt and check for gumminess and look at the claw's spring too.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    In my opinion the article is good, very interesting, but written stricktly to attract new buyers for these rifles.
    Also kit are 400$+, previously they were 280$.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Isn't that what G&A magazine is all about? I agree with you. It's all marketing.
    SGN is much like that, but I like their better mix of articles that I find interesting. They go into detail levels that I enjoy too. Many G&A articles strike me as too superficial. This was a good one though.
    Most publications work FOR their advertisers. Business is business afterall.
    What we need is a "Consumer's Reports" for rifles and hand guns.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors