Dragunov SVD new unfired no import marks what's it value? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Dragunov SVD new unfired no import marks what's it value?

Member #
    Liked
    336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frick View Post
    OK, so, figure this was a desert storm bringback, which was impossible to do, at least among my friends who served there, who told me, any and all military arms, or ammo, was a complete no no, even if it was inert. And this included both officers and enlisted folks.

What are the chances you luck into a complete set up, almost like it was found in an armory? I doubt your average conscript in tennis shoes lugged all that shit into the desert.
    There's a lot of sticky fingers in combat zones. Some who don't have to go home through military or government channels with that heavy duffel bag

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1198 times
    Hell with saw cut, how about complete rifles with the trigger parts welded together, and barrel blocked? I have seen them, and M16 receivers bare for sale, minus the guts.

I don't doubt a few folks may risk that as well. Get a new barrel shipped in, some trigger parts, a little dremel cutting and grinding, whaddayah get?
    Thats what I meant, not cutting the receiver but the deact barrel.New, old stock trigger parts are not that hard to find in Europe.. And bolts could probably be had from overseas if you look hard enough.

Member #
    Liked
    434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bansh88 View Post
    There's a lot of sticky fingers in combat zones. Some who don't have to go home through military or government channels with that heavy duffel bag
    I remember years back reading about an Army Major in Desert Storm who found a like-new SVD sitting in an abandoned position. He tried to get some papers on it bring it back, but it was a no-go. He ended up trading it to an EOD guy (who had a wider ability to return with unchecked equipment) for 20 cans of Copenhagen tobacco.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I know of three that came home from AFG (2) and Iraq (1) during early 2004. They had to have the receiver cut and could never have been property of the military. So buying one off the local market and cutting it, then getting the paperwork approved meant you could send it home. That window lasted about two months before CENTCOM slammed it shut. ATF had mine for 18 months with my paperwork before finally returning it to me with a clean bill of health. Matching numbers, 1986 dates as well, and no pitting on the barrel.
    evolixsurf likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    So yours is welded back together?

Quote Originally Posted by PvtPyle View Post
    I know of three that came home from AFG (2) and Iraq (1) during early 2004. They had to have the receiver cut and could never have been property of the military. So buying one off the local market and cutting it, then getting the paperwork approved meant you could send it home. That window lasted about two months before CENTCOM slammed it shut. ATF had mine for 18 months with my paperwork before finally returning it to me with a clean bill of health. Matching numbers, 1986 dates as well, and no pitting on the barrel.

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Who did the reweld job on that?

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Hence my trepidations about buying or selling it on an auction site...

Quote Originally Posted by Bansh88 View Post

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Weld job. It was never welded to begin with. Sorry, I'm a weld Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by towerofpower93 View Post
    Who did the reweld job on that?

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    A local guy. Not overly happy with it but it proved to ATF that it was in fact torch cut and not smuggled home. I may have it redone one day but while not pretty it is holding fine. Yes, I shoot her.

Welded or not, it was the only way I would ever get an original, so I can over look that. LOL
    SVDS and flintoid like this.

Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    [QUOTE=10Gauge;1778061]Well... if I remember correctly, there were some SVD bringbacks that were not considered legal by the ATF due to the safety sear aka third pin.---- THE DRAGUNOVS DO NOT HAVE A 3RD PIN HOLE IN THE RECEIVER,,THE SAFETY SEAR IS IN THE TRIGGER PACK,,AND EASILY REMOVED.. NOW EARLY IMPORTED PSL/FPK TYPE STUFF DID HAVE A SAFETY SEAR PIN HOLE IN THE RECEIVER.WHICH THEY LATER RE DID TO MAKE THE ATF HAPPY AND GOT RID OF THE SAFETY SEAR PIN AND HOLE(3RD HOLE)FRENCHY
    PvtPyle, 10Gauge and Mark75H like this.
    Youth is wasted on Young people,Ben Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Longrange View Post
    In answer to the questions posted. i obtained this rifle from a elderly gentleman collector of military sniper rifles. He is now in poor health and starting to sell off some of his collection which this was one. Not knowing much about this rifle I decided to gamble and buy it. I will have post a pic of the accessories. the sling has a Russian mark of some kind, came with 40 rounds of ammo in clips in pouch, battery for infra red device in the wrapper with device. He is looking for the paper work and a metal lunch box type can he said that the scope came in. I don't hold out much hope of getting either. 1986 is the date under the triangle with arrow in it. Sounds like i may have stumble on to something by chance.
    ---HAY! GOOD THINGS COME TO GOOD PEOPLE,AND IF THAT IS YOU,THEN KEEP YOUR RIFLE,,YOU PROBABLY DON'T HAVE MUCH IN IT,,$$$,,THEY ARE GREAT RIFLES,, MY BEST FRENCHY
    PvtPyle likes this.
    Youth is wasted on Young people,Ben Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    7978 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy View Post
    - THE DRAGUNOVS DO NOT HAVE A 3RD PIN HOLE IN THE RECEIVER,,THE SAFETY SEAR IS IN THE TRIGGER PACK,,AND EASILY REMOVED.. NOW EARLY IMPORTED PSL/FPK TYPE STUFF DID HAVE A SAFETY SEAR PIN HOLE IN THE RECEIVER.WHICH THEY LATER RE DID TO MAKE THE ATF HAPPY AND GOT RID OF THE SAFETY SEAR PIN AND HOLE(3RD HOLE)FRENCHY
    it appears I didn't remember correctly.

Thanks for the correction, Frenchy!
    Mark75H likes this.
    "If I spent half as much time in the gym as I do on the computer, I'd be ripped as s*** by now" - Me

"There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Weld job. It was never welded to begin with. Sorry, I'm a weld Nazi.
    Haha, valid point.

Member #
    Liked
    2253 times
    ya all failed to mention the dragunovs with wood stocks always have a scope serial number on left side of stock behind scope with serial number on scope matched together at factory to stock once scope unit was fitted but never same serial as rifle when new. sounds like his rifle might be matching after all. brand new no dust or sand just clean as a whistle. hmmmm. crazy aint it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors