Dragunov SVD new unfired no import marks what's it value? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Dragunov SVD new unfired no import marks what's it value?

Member #
    Liked
    7585 times
    Fuck that's a gorgeous rifle.

Do you really need to sell it? Because that's one hell of a collector's piece and if you sell it, you sure as shit won't ever see it again in that kind of shape.
    "If I spent half as much time in the gym as I do on the computer, I'd be ripped as s*** by now" - Me

"There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    2245 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Longrange View Post
    yup, just seconded my original sploosh.
    so baddass. I think things are slower than a few months ago but I'm sure it would still bring big bucks.
    07 ffl

Member #
    Liked
    175 times
    When you say all accessories-do you have the correct dated sling, mags, cleaning kit/rod, pouches, and spares and book that the rifle shipped with? If so it will help the price quite a bit .

Otherwise is what is in the picture all that you have?- don't get me wrong you have quite a nice piece worth at least 12k+ and probably more at auction. But if you got a complete rifle and its original components that would make for a really nice unknown piece here in the USA and add a fair amount to it's value as I have never see a rifle and it's complete set here before. Also if you have bring back paperwork you could probably get 14k or more without the accessories and add some more to that with the accessories.

Pretty rifle none the less I wish I could afford one that nice.....
    "odio vitae semper dissolubilis"

"Ludo mentis sciem"

"Senecta aetas viresque, atque perfidium expugnat"

"sic semper purgamentus Yugo kalashnikov! Tempus orbem ad excoquam eorum et dimittetur eis!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    In answer to the questions posted. i obtained this rifle from a elderly gentleman collector of military sniper rifles. He is now in poor health and starting to sell off some of his collection which this was one. Not knowing much about this rifle I decided to gamble and buy it. I will have post a pic of the accessories. the sling has a Russian mark of some kind, came with 40 rounds of ammo in clips in pouch, battery for infra red device in the wrapper with device. He is looking for the paper work and a metal lunch box type can he said that the scope came in. I don't hold out much hope of getting either. 1986 is the date under the triangle with arrow in it. Sounds like i may have stumble on to something by chance.

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Holy Sh*t!

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Here is the picture -

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Longrange View Post
    In answer to the questions posted. i obtained this rifle from a elderly gentleman collector of military sniper rifles. He is now in poor health and starting to sell off some of his collection which this was one. Not knowing much about this rifle I decided to gamble and buy it. I will have post a pic of the accessories. the sling has a Russian mark of some kind, came with 40 rounds of ammo in clips in pouch, battery for infra red device in the wrapper with device. He is looking for the paper work and a metal lunch box type can he said that the scope came in. I don't hold out much hope of getting either. 1986 is the date under the triangle with arrow in it. Sounds like i may have stumble on to something by chance.
    Does not bode well for the Grenada story...

Member #
    Liked
    409 times
    There were a small number of these that were legally brought in from the 1st Gulf War. If I remember, they had originally been intended for museums, and then it was decided to sell them on the civilian market. They are worth boucoup bucks.

OP - do you mind telling us what you paid?

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Grey areas on the importation, I wouldn't buy it, especially, from an online auction, you may send out a bank check, only to have someone show up wanting to take a look at it.

This would be a really nice item in some agents private collection.

Member #
    Liked
    175 times
    Well you have a pretty nice set up there with the gun, that will help the price a bit. If you look on the other side/inside of the scope on the bracket mount there should be a set of numbers scribed or stamped also that will give you a good indication of how close the mismatch is between the rifle and the scope.
    otus likes this.
    "odio vitae semper dissolubilis"

"Ludo mentis sciem"

"Senecta aetas viresque, atque perfidium expugnat"

"sic semper purgamentus Yugo kalashnikov! Tempus orbem ad excoquam eorum et dimittetur eis!"

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Beautiful rifle. I've always said there are a lot of these that came in country via grey market the past 30 years. Always gonna be debate on their legality. I do see all sides of it . Ideally a papered example ends up being most desirable.
    R.I.P. JOE CALIRI47

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Priceless

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1140 times
    The other thing to check is parts originality.

Last few years, many have shown up in Europe as deactivated guns for collectors... The same source for many of the grey market kits. The same people sending saw cut Type 56s and AMP69s would have no problem (ignoring the legaility) dropping a chopped SVD in the mail either.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    OK, so, figure this was a desert storm bringback, which was impossible to do, at least among my friends who served there, who told me, any and all military arms, or ammo, was a complete no no, even if it was inert. And this included both officers and enlisted folks.

What are the chances you luck into a complete set up, almost like it was found in an armory? I doubt your average conscript in tennis shoes lugged all that shit into the desert.

This had to be like the movie "Three Kings" where the guys fall into Saddams gold horde.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Hell with saw cut, how about complete rifles with the trigger parts welded together, and barrel blocked? I have seen them, and M16 receivers bare for sale, minus the guts.

I don't doubt a few folks may risk that as well. Get a new barrel shipped in, some trigger parts, a little dremel cutting and grinding, whaddayah get?

Quote Originally Posted by Stottman View Post
    The other thing to check is parts originality.

Last few years, many have shown up in Europe as deactivated guns for collectors... The same source for many of the grey market kits. The same people sending saw cut Type 56s and AMP69s would have no problem (ignoring the legaility) dropping a chopped SVD in the mail either.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors