Suppressed TIGR/SVD
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Suppressed TIGR/SVD

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Suppressed TIGR/SVD

I have a Russian made TIGR, I also have the longer SVD barrel for it. I have googled it a few times and info is very, very dated. Has anybody here tried to put a suppressor on their TIGR or SVD? There was 1 decent youtube video from 2008 I think, but no info on the suppressor used as the rifle was "a friend of the guy's." I have a nfa trust, I'm not looking to do anything that will get me put under the jail, lol, I'm just trying to figure if it's possible and/or worth the trouble. I talked to a gunsmith a few days ago in Oklahoma, he said it was very possible and he recommended getting an adjustable gas regulator that are found on true SVD's. The purpose there being to adjust it when firing it with the suppressor on it & then without it. So I guess that would be step one. I usually buy Silencerco suppressors so while I need to do more research on it, I'm leaning towards their "Harvester" model.

Any info or opinions are more than welcome! Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    If I was in your shoes and having my Tiger rebarreled, and not going for the classic SVD look, I would get the muzzle threaded 5/8-24" and have an AAC 51T suppressor mount installed so I could run my SDN-6 on it.

I fired a friends Form1 silencer on an SVD with two position gas block and just like my AKs or ARs, the bolt speed is really ramped up, as noticed by the felt recoil as well as the ejection distance and pattern.

There's a thread on the Files SVD forum right now showing a Czech company making a truly adjustable gas block for these rifles. While the two position SVD gas block is probably better than the Tiger's non-adjustable one, it isn't really reducing the gas to the piston all that much.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1198 times
    THe TGP-V is the factory supressor for it from back in the day.

If you google СВД ТГП - B , you might be able to find info in Russian on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by towerofpower93 View Post
    If I was in your shoes and having my Tiger rebarreled, and not going for the classic SVD look, I would get the muzzle threaded 5/8-24" and have an AAC 51T suppressor mount installed so I could run my SDN-6 on it.

I fired a friends Form1 silencer on an SVD with two position gas block and just like my AKs or ARs, the bolt speed is really ramped up, as noticed by the felt recoil as well as the ejection distance and pattern.

There's a thread on the Files SVD forum right now showing a Czech company making a truly adjustable gas block for these rifles. While the two position SVD gas block is probably better than the Tiger's non-adjustable one, it isn't really reducing the gas to the piston all that much.

Wow...It took me a good while to read that thread but that was impressive as Hell. He's not selling those gas blocks though, is he?

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I'm not sure if they're for sale yet or not. Send him a message asking about availability and price and let us all know

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I messaged him on FB. He said they were $75 plus shipping. I'm hung up bc there are 2 different sizes, he needs to know my barrel diameter around the gas regulator & the gunsmith in OK sent the gun & barrel to New Lennix, IL for "something" or other, lol, I honestly can't remember. So I have to wait until the gun gets back to Oklahoma. I won't lie, all the legwork is aggravating but I'm just picturing the finished product in my head & I hope it's all worth it

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Which SVD barrel are having put on? One of Tom's made here in the states or an actual Russian SVD barrel?

If the former, please post what the diameter is here in case others go this route. If it's the later let me know and I'll take some measurements from my KBI barrel for you.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes, it is one of Tom's barrels. From his first batch I think.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The guy in CZ Rep wants me to "measure the diameter of the barrel at gasblock location. It should be 16.62mm or 17.62mm. The model of gasblock depends on it."

So it's a ONE millimeter difference in the selections. I kind of like that. It shows he's pretty dedicated to what he made.

Member #
    Liked
    2251 times

Member #
    Liked
    2251 times

Member #
    Liked
    2251 times
    and the Russian factory svu. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcZWidpo_TU

Member #
    Liked
    2251 times
    and the Russian factory svu. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcZWidpo_TU

these are most popular over by new Zealand seems like when I researched em few years ago. links didn't load ill add em separately looks like. full size then tigr then svu.

Member #
    Liked
    2251 times
    my computer is going nuts.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan316 View Post
    The guy in CZ Rep wants me to "measure the diameter of the barrel at gasblock location. It should be 16.62mm or 17.62mm. The model of gasblock depends on it."

So it's a ONE millimeter difference in the selections. I kind of like that. It shows he's pretty dedicated to what he made.
    With one of Tom's barrels and an adjustable gas block you ought to be able to fine tune it suppressed and unsuppressed so it doesn't beat itself to death once the can is attached.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors