Suppressed TIGR/SVD - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Suppressed TIGR/SVD

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks Comm Bloc, I could only get the first one of your links to load but that's SWEET! That gives me hope! Whatever kind of suppressor that is, I'm going to give it a serious look.

Yes, Tower, I read that suppressors on some guns (like this one) really beat it up. I have a bit of drama with the gas regulators, there was one I'd bought on gunbroker before I even started this thread. When I was pointed towards the CZ Rep manufacturer, I decided to order one anyway. I just think it's made better & will do what I want better than the "official" SVD one. Plus, the CZ ones are 1/3 the price. Well, it looks like the guy on gunbroker is up to no good. Paid him a week ago & he still hasn't shipped it. If he doesn't ship it by Tuesday, I'm calling paypal & getting them to cancel the transaction. I actually hope that's what happens, lol. I mean, I ordered it before I even knew about the CZ ones but a deal's a deal, if he ships, I'm happy to pay him. If not, hey...that frees up money, no complaints from me. I also had the new barrel cryogenically processed by 300 Below in IL. I have no idea if that will really help or not but a lot of people I know swear by it. I'm just trying to do everything I can here, not leaving any stone unturned or sparing any expense.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    One of Tom's barrels is on my short list of things to buy next time they come around.

Was closing on our house during the last run and wasn't able to pick one up.

Does the cryo process have any impact on the already present chrome plating?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I bought mine & turned it over to a gunsmith who had it almost 2 years before he admitted he couldn't change the barrels bc he lacked the skill & tools. I didn't push him bc I'd been in a wreck & was just putting "gun stuff" off.

I didn't ask the question specifically about the chrome lining but I talked to 2 separate gunsmiths along with the cryo folks themselves and asked if it would damage the barrel in any way & they said no. Obviously the cryo guys I took with a grain of salt but the gunsmiths were all for it. They said it should stop the barrel from heating up so fast. Upon research, I saw it helped with groupings also so I went for it. The whole thing was only $120, shipping & all so I was good with that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Called New Lenox today & got the diameter of barrel size (they have my gun). It was 16.57mm according to them so I guess that puts me in the 16.62mm gas regulator size for the regulators made in the Czech Republic.

On the Russian regulator front, the guy emailed me this morning & says his courier "got in hospital" and there's no one to take my package to the post office & offered a refund if I didn't want to wait. I'm going to take the refund & go with the CZ regulator instead. If that doesn't work out, I guess I can always go back on gunbroker looking for one but it made me very uncomfortable that I paid this guy in full 8 days ago & he still hadn't mailed it. I've ordered a few things on gunbroker & ebay from Russia in the past & they've all worked out up to now.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Sounds like a win for all of us on this side of the pond when you get one and can give us a review.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Update, The guy in CZ only takes wire transfers so it's making my blood boil. No paypal, no cc transactions. Just got off the phone with my bank. I thought this was going to be a cheaper, better made solution. Cheaper is pretty much off the table now, lol. I hope his product is as good as it looks. All this just makes me hate Bill Clinton that much more, lol.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a 308 Tigr fitted with a suppressor. The front sight had to be removed however I am going to have the gunsmith make up a bushing that screws onto the 14x1 thread and stake the sight onto the bushing so that it can be run with either.
    The adjustable regulator on my tigr is two position, open or closed for heavy fouling.The Tigr still cycles fine with the suppressor fitted with it open.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have a really NICE SVD flash suppressor I got from Russia that unfortunately can't be used with the suppressor. The gunsmith can however use the front sight on my TIGR so I just told him to do that. Last 2 times I called have been "no answer" so I have no idea what's going on there as far as what point this project is at. I would think it's getting close.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Dedubyah, what kind of can did you get for yours?

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan316 View Post
    I have a really NICE SVD flash suppressor I got from Russia that unfortunately can't be used with the suppressor. The gunsmith can however use the front sight on my TIGR so I just told him to do that. Last 2 times I called have been "no answer" so I have no idea what's going on there as far as what point this project is at. I would think it's getting close.
    Are you having the barrel or FH/front sight threaded? If you're having something threaded for a direct thread suppressor, may as well get the barrel done and have the front sight bored out and pinned further back.

Neither is factory correct so you may as well have the barrel done and ensure it's concentric to the bore.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    "...may as well get the barrel done and have the front sight bored out and pinned further back."

This one. Won't be as pretty as I wish but it will work he said.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It is from a local manufacturer here in New Zealand, MAE.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm still here. Got the SVD barrel finally installed with the Czech gas regulator. Waiting on my hybrid suppressor to clear ATF jail. I visited a friend the other day & he has the same hybrid so we put it on my Dragunov and took a pic. I'll post it when I can but I really, really liked it. I hope everything works out with it for all the drama it's caused me. No more legwork at least, I just have to wait on ATF.
    COMM BLOC likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2040 times
    post a pic brother wow! I gotta see the cz regulator. was it a loose fit by chance or did the gunsmith say if the regulator fit perfectly.
    sinh ra ở phía bắc đến chết ở phía Nam. sẽ có không có ḥa b́nh cho đến khi thống nhất đất nước. -thế hệ cũ... chúng tôi cung cấp cho Liên Hiệp Quốc chương tŕnh nghị sự 21 v́ vậy chúng tôi có thể chết nhanh hơn từ vắc xin của bạn và trở thành 70% vô trùng hơn trong khi tiết kiệm rừng mưa và forfeiting tất cả mọi thứ để chúng tôi chủ nô lệ toàn cầu mới trong khi thanh toán 25% nhiều hơn cho các tiện ích lưới điện thông minh tiết kiệm năng lượng chúng ta chỉ cần thống nhất-thế hệ mới.

Banned

Member #
    nowhere but atlanta after sherman burned it
    Liked
    483 times
    Well I am glad it is slowing down and coming to an end. Maybe we will get a
    picture one day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors