Democratic People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Liked
    61 times
    I got mine!
    WTB: Russian Tula LHG 2222 and Polish Hardwood LHG AS04505

Member #
    Liked
    334 times
    I'm hearing elsewhere that some early years did not have reverse dong HG's. Can anyone say what year(s) would have a first pattern UF stock and dong?

Member #
    Liked
    2647 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MPiKM-72 View Post
    Decent price on those.

My original barrel 1973 matching on 74U LLC. I was trying to be artsy - take pics in a rustic location like Trueno used to post - lighting wasn't great and camera was being disagreeable.

I remember those, didn't sportsman guide have them.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

WTB-AIMS 74 cleaning kit

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    Damn you guys, just ordered 2 kits yesterday.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    2109 times
    Does anyone know the definitive dates for the three patterns of Romanian underfolder stocks?

First pattern 1965-1971 ???
    second pattern 1972 - 19??
    third pattern 19?? - 19??

I have read that some think UF production to be into the 1990's. If so then perhaps the underfolder was produced concurrent with the introduction of the wire sidefolder in 1986., but wondering how late the underfolder was produced?.

A of A seems to be indicating 1988 in their batch? Perhaps export models continued later?

Member #
    Liked
    334 times
    Inquiring minds want to know. I'd prefer a first pattern stock so the year would be a factor for me as well.

Side note: I'm sure many are being ordered, so AoA must be getting a pretty large number of these.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    Does anyone know the definitive dates for the three patterns of Romanian underfolder stocks?

First pattern 1965-1971 ???
    second pattern 1972 - 19??
    third pattern 19?? - 19??

I have read that some think UF production to be into the 1990's. If so then perhaps the underfolder was produced concurrent with the introduction of the wire sidefolder in 1986., but wondering how late the underfolder was produced?.

A of A seems to be indicating 1988 in their batch? Perhaps export models continued later?

Member #
    Liked
    1526 times

If you're getting 1988 from the hand select option, I wouldn't read too much into that. It's just the existing option from the fixed stock kits and they stated they do not know what years they are getting. Your best bet is to look at the pics. I think I see all three versions. At the least the first two variants.
    Want to buy:
    1966 East German AKM kit
    TYPE 1 kit
    North Korean kit
    Serbian M76 sniper vest (M-99 A3)

If I was not on some government watch list, I'd be insulted.

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    "other small parts to complete this"
    is this just a general statement?

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    2109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaponmark View Post
    If you're getting 1988 from the hand select option, I wouldn't read too much into that. It's just the existing option from the fixed stock kits and they stated they do not know what years they are getting. Your best bet is to look at the pics. I think I see all three versions. At the least the first two variants.
    Yes, I understand. But I mentioned it as a date connected to my question. It may also be some indication of domestic vs export Md65's as well. Dunno?.
    I have a 1965 dated Md65 I built on a 74ULLC 4-5 years ago.
    Also have other Md65 kits.,1978 and I think 1986 IIRC. I kind of mixed up these kits thinking to build them as fixed stock since I had the UF already. Did not think I ever wanted another., but the three types is interesting.

If 1972 is the first year for the second pattern I will order that date if available.

If a third pattern date is available for first year production I would use that. No real reason other than for the fun of it.
    I have all three stock types now., so even if the kits are mismatched in some arts I can get the stock type correct.

But in any case I wanted to try to fix the date ranges for the three patterns of stocks if possible. The kits., once received by others may pin the dates down a bit more?

Member #
    Liked
    1322 times
    I narrowed it down to 1972 - 1973 for the transition from 1st pattern to 2nd pattern.

I'll have to look up some of my photos for the 3rd pattern.

I want to say 3rd pattern was in use by 1988 - but it has been a while since I researched.

I did my research and got the stocks I needed for my foreseeable projects. Haven't thought about it since.

Looking forward to seeing what people receive in their orders. I'm hoping importers kept kits sets together rather that the past "throw it on the pile" demill method.
    Last edited by MPiKM-72; 12-31-2016 at 11:00 AM.
    Alfred likes this.
    Back from the Pecos, TX FLOOD Run and Gun in the Sun - er, RAIN.
    WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    1526 times
    Yes, I understand. But I mentioned it as a date connected to my question. It may also be some indication of domestic vs export Md65's as well. Dunno?.
    I have a 1965 dated Md65 I built on a 74ULLC 4-5 years ago.
    Also have other Md65 kits.,1978 and I think 1986 IIRC. I kind of mixed up these kits thinking to build them as fixed stock since I had the UF already. Did not think I ever wanted another., but the three types is interesting.

If 1972 is the first year for the second pattern I will order that date if available.

If a third pattern date is available for first year production I would use that. No real reason other than for the fun of it.
    I have all three stock types now., so even if the kits are mismatched in some arts I can get the stock type correct.

But in any case I wanted to try to fix the date ranges for the three patterns of stocks if possible. The kits., once received by others may pin the dates down a bit more?
    I think this will be a good opportunity to learn more about the transitions.

Either way I'm looking forward to these "Romanian Model 1963 AKM-47 Underfolding Stock Submachine" part kits.
    Want to buy:
    1966 East German AKM kit
    TYPE 1 kit
    North Korean kit
    Serbian M76 sniper vest (M-99 A3)

If I was not on some government watch list, I'd be insulted.

Member #
    Liked
    586 times
    Just wondering about the good old days when a number of venders were bringing them in with barrels the only dates I remember were from the 70's ?

Has anyone on this Board Ever received one of these kits from a vender that was dated 1965 ?

Lets see if this new batch produces any 1965's ?
    JEREMIAH 9:23-24 PSALM 32:8-9

Member #
    Liked
    1322 times
    I bought a 1965 Romanian barrelled trunnion off gunbroker about 10 years ago. The photos were so grainy I bought it because I thought it might be East German - the early style gas block threw me off. It had a bulged muzzle that Pat/restoreit1 counterbored for me. Assembled it for my best friend - born that year. I have no idea if it was fixed or a UF originally.
    Back from the Pecos, TX FLOOD Run and Gun in the Sun - er, RAIN.
    WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    2109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    Just wondering about the good old days when a number of venders were bringing them in with barrels the only dates I remember were from the 70's ?

Has anyone on this Board Ever received one of these kits from a vender that was dated 1965 ?
    Lets see if this new batch produces any 1965's ?

Not sure what you mean? I think there are a number of 1965 Md65 kits/builds around.
    This is one I built on one of the early production receivers from Dave at 74ULLC. It is featured on his picture album on his site.
    I'm pretty certain it came with a bakelite grip but I swapped it for the wood.

MPiKM-72, techno and CalRon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    586 times
    I thought that one had to take a fixed stock 1965 kit and add the underfolder to it ?

I looks like I was wrong, because I can plainly see the serial number on the reverse pistol grip type wood lower handguard, this shows me I don't know everything I thought they were only made in the 70's and up.

Buy the way your 1965 underfolder looks fantastic AKBLUE, I love it.
    JEREMIAH 9:23-24 PSALM 32:8-9

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors