AK Rifles banner

Egyptian build and makeover pic thread.

14K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  Delacroix 
#1 ·
With the influx of the Maadi parts I'm expecting to see a lot of made over post ban Maadis and accurate builds. Lets see what you've done!

caliri47 said:
First all the credit goes to ak _nut for another fine job.I want to show a blue egyptian grip, i have it with a black russian for color difference.I got it from my freind in afganistan & spoke to one other person there that stated he has seen them also.I do have a black egyptian grip as well.I thought i would go a different route with the crutch folder & blue grip.All the paint is original exept for the receiver & barrle the parts were almost new.Almost forgot the white oil bottle , i have one coming with a white top.Thanx ak_nut for the build.

[/img]

I'm showing a brown , brown with speckes in it & the black one.Somebody out there [you know how you are ] has a blue handle egyptian bayonet but could not find the picture.

[/img]

[/img]

I'm showing a styer with the build.Just need to get the selector marks done.

[/img]

#3 ·
JOHNO said:
I recently traded for this MISR SA, canted rear sight, gas block and FSB along with turned down muzzle threads. I started by threading the muzzle 1/2x28 RH and stripped everything from the bbl. I used an Arabic marked rear sight base and leaf and an un-neutered gas block with an Egyptian buttstock.

#4 ·
This kit is staying military Maadi and will also share a crutch with my ARM.

This one I'm not sure about yet, but I was toying with the idea of making an arabic marked Egyptian/Russian Khyber Pass.

Hopefully I'll pick up a couple of barrels at the creek and get these done this winter. Get busy guys, lets see those Maadi's.

G
#10 ·
Crappy camera pic but another Apex kit here. It made the finish look brownish which it isn't, The finish is VHT ceramic header paint. It has a Romy barrel and is compliant, BTW the trigger is silver looking cause i can't find my other trigger packs at the moment and had to take that one out of my BFU project to test it.

#13 ·
JOHNO said:
I finally got off me arse and finished it! :grin:

gundoc engraved,

that is REAL nice!! What did you end up finishing the barrel and receiver with? (looks spot on) Unfortunately, the paint on my kit is coming off left and right so it'll probably need a total refinish...

#14 ·
I experimented with a lot of different finishes but the Plasti Kote Engine Paint came out closest to the original Maadi finish. I used the spray can and let it cure for a few weeks before final assembly.

#18 ·
Thanks for the info Johno! I'll be sure to use Plasti Kote on my build when I get to it. You should mention that paint as a good match on the maadi BIY thread.... It really looks great!

Jonpo, yours is nice, too! Did you switch out the barrel components on the wasr barrel once you got it or did you leave the wasr parts on there? I can't wait to get mine going once I get my DR receiver! It should be a nice build.

Andy

#20 ·
Andyman said:
Jonpo, yours is nice, too! Did you switch out the barrel components on the wasr barrel once you got it or did you leave the wasr parts on there?

Andy
It's all Egyptian except for the barrel and 922r parts. I switched all the barrel components. Reusing WASR components would have made a half-assed rifle :wink:

#21 ·
jonpo said:
Reusing WASR components would have made a half-assed rifle :wink:
exactly! But I wouldn't have told you that if you hadn't installed the Egyptian parts. :goof:

On another note, does anyone know the differences in profile of the Romy vs. Egyptian barrels and who will turn a Romy barrel down to those specs? I am thinking of getting mine turned down before I build the rifle and post a pic here.

Hope I'm not hijacking the thread. Just in case, I'll reserve this spot for my finished Maadi! :animak:

Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.