Chinese Type 56 Black Plastic Furniture ?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Indykid

Thread: Chinese Type 56 Black Plastic Furniture ?

Member #
    Liked
    164 times

Chinese Type 56 Black Plastic Furniture ?

I was doing some spring cleaning and found some un-used parts including this black plastic, (Bakelite?), stock set. I had purchased several sets of new furniture about 25 years ago while trying to build a couple Chinese Type 56 replicas. I tried on several combinations on both the AK47 and AKM types and ended up using original wood sets. this set is virtually new and has only been installed once for looks. The original packaging is gone and I had sets from Norinco and Polytech from Kengs and other sources.
    The UHG, PG, & stock appear to be molded plastic with fine textured finish. The LHG is heavier and may be Bakelite, but has the same mat finish. The butt stock is complete with a metal swivel assemble and metal butt plate with spring loaded trap door, (no cleaning kit). Note that the stock is a long one. about 12 1/2" overall.
    What is this set? Is it Chinese. Approximate value in case I would like to sell it? Any help would be appreciated. Mr. B.
    IMG_0115.JPGIMG_0117.JPGIMG_0119.JPGIMG_0120.JPGIMG_0116.JPG

Member #
    Liked
    555 times
    That stock set came on the Norinco 84S-3A.

Funny, a couple of weeks ago we were discussing how impossible to find that stock set is, and like magic you post a set you have!

Even being a collector of Chinese AK variants, I would have a hard time putting a price on that set. Only someone with the 84S-3A would want one, but they are as rare as an honest democrat(sorry). These days $200 or more would seem to be proper. You might look up what a standard Chinese wood set is selling for assuming you can even find a set of wood, and then add about 50% to that.
    Mr. B. likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Thanks for the info. Is this the one you mean? So this is a NATO length stock and in .223? M.
    Norinco 84S-3A.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    555 times
    That looks like it, but the only true way to tell is to check the markings. With Chinese AK variants it is easy to put that furniture on any rifle, but it would only be correct on the 84S-3A so verifying the markings is really important. The rifle in the photo has the 84S style flash hider, but again with it having the standard AK 14x1mm left hand thread, it can be put on any rifle, but I doubt you would want to put a 7.62 round through a hole sized for 5.56.

Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    I found this picture on the internet to confirm the model. When I purchased the stock set I wasn't aware of what it was for just that it would fit on a Chinese Type 56 rifle 7.62mm with a stamped receiver. I tried it on once just to confirm it would fit and see how it looked. I didn't like the look and took it back off and used a wood set instead. The black set has been in storage since. I never had the flash hider. Thinking about listing it for sale as I have no use for it. Thanks for your help! M.

Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    CORRECTION ! My apologies. I grabbed the wrong top hand guard out of the box for the pictures on the original post. These picture are of the correct hand guards. This upper hand guard is heavier construction and matches more closely with the lower one. Note that it includes the metal spacer as well. M.
    IMG_0132.JPGIMG_0133.JPGIMG_0134.JPGIMG_0135.JPGIMG_0136.JPG

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Your right LONG AGO I too bought a set and had an angle cut MK90, so like Peanut Butter and Jelly, I hooked the Mak and the black stock set up and filled in the gap with a mix of black epoxy and JB Weld.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors