• 2 Post By COMM BLOC
  • 1 Post By Richard W.
  • 1 Post By drftman

Thread: neat thing found

Member #
    Liked
    2254 times

neat thing found

furtium, TPinFl and montanaAK like this.
    want to buy Chinese cq [m16a1 copy] wavy ribbed whatever forarms. preferably worn used by philipine pirates but ill settle for new.

if you have old m16a1 stuff especially stuff that looks used by Asian sea faring pirates or insurgents I probably want to cuddle with it and not give it back.

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Price is a little sharp, but still pretty cool.

Member #
    Liked
    580 times
    Nice cut away, but like twobyfour said, price is a bit much for something that is nothing more than a very nice display model of something that we should be able to own at one tenth the price.

Still, I wouldn't mind having something like that hanging on my den wall

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    541 times
    Well that's something new. love how the powder is there also...

But where is the 1/2 recoil spring?
    esh21167, boatma1 and COMM BLOC like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2254 times
    yeah his price is high I wasn't even sure it was legal when I saw it since full auto cutaways are taboo but you can see it was cut on barrel in front of rear gas block looks like. I think that looks like rec got cut too in middle but hard to tell from pic. I was in that shop back in 2001. guy had a neat bren dummy gun on floor and tec 9 with factory front grip attached he knew absolutely nothing about. everything else in store looked semi useful at a hippie festival if I remember. never know what your gonna find in those little shops. always think American pickers. a.t.a.p. sure am glad I aint a hoardin' no more!
    want to buy Chinese cq [m16a1 copy] wavy ribbed whatever forarms. preferably worn used by philipine pirates but ill settle for new.

if you have old m16a1 stuff especially stuff that looks used by Asian sea faring pirates or insurgents I probably want to cuddle with it and not give it back.

Member #
    Liked
    2254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pinakar View Post

the 1/2 recoil spring and stock screws fell off looks like. more importantly how the hell did they cut the gun like that? surface grinder maybe? hahah!

Member #
    Liked
    2254 times
    GIANT ''LASER''??...

boatma1 and romaniang like this.

Member #
    Liked
    334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pinakar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by COMM BLOC View Post
    the 1/2 recoil spring and stock screws fell off looks like. more importantly how the hell did they cut the gun like that? surface grinder maybe? hahah!
    Pretty sure pinakar is kidding. Cutting the spring in half would cut it into several pieces.

Member #
    Liked
    1134 times
    Don't see that every day!

Not the most elegant cutaway, though, is it?
    COMM BLOC likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I go in there time to time. He originally wanted $4000! For it. I bought a handful of pretty rare nice bayonets there other than that a lot of junk like commbloc says.
    COMM BLOC likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Pretty sure pinakar is kidding. Cutting the spring in half would cut it into several pieces.
    hahah! your onto something there! I hadn't even thought of that. I actually did picture a 1 piece half section of recoil spring falling out all while envisioning sharks with giant lasers attached to their heads. see this is proof guys cant multi task like gals do! whew! went right over my head.

im slightly embarrassed now. here look at this it will distract you.

Member #
    Liked
    2254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard W. View Post
    Don't see that every day!

Not the most elegant cutaway, though, is it?
    from looking at the pics I think what they did or the evolution of it was this...the barrel got cut and rec got cut with 1 saw cut. then the barrel was rewelded around its circumfrance and turned to size. then the rec was welded near lightening cuts back together again. rear site was welded in place. the stocks were taken off. the complete gun was set on a surface grinder at a machineshop and slowly over the course of a full day ground down to mid sectioned complete rifle. then the stocks and stock screws/ metal were done the same way but on a side sander on stand. you can see the circumfrance of the size of sanding disc used if you look at buttstock closely. the wood was taken off so it wouldn't catch fire or burn away rather than grind away. or get metal chips embedded. shows careful planning. how they got the trigger parts to stay put may have been pre welded in place or done separately. never seen this done before but they did an ok job for what all they had to do. they could have prettied it up a little more. they were probably tired working on it. lol!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5078 times
    Pretty cool, but kind of steep in price. Still, if you had a gun shop, it would look great on display.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Sponsors