Mak receiver block?

Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Mak receiver block?

Where can I find a receiver block to put a folding stock on a stamped square back mak 90?

Member #
    Liked
    2052 times
    fac made em in the early to mid 90s they sold em anyway. they suck so bad cause they stick out the back of rec about 2 miles.
    DISCLAIMER; I live in a murderous world imploding over other folks secret agendas. in doing so im told to pretend to act ''normal'' like everyone else and hide under a rock and make normal sheep noises. kinda like a sheep watching its family being led into an automated meat grinder. think about the other sheep saying don't draw attention to yourself they might target you next. F*#K THAT! stand up and make a last stand for humanity! Robbie f*#king parker were live! WAKE THE F*#K UP!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Id really prefer not to cut the tang off but Id really like to add a folder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    555 times
    There are adapters that can be found but like COMM BLOC said, they stick out a bunch and look ugly, but they use the original tang for mounting which is a big plus.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    are there any folders that don't stick out that far? I have 2 Romanian folders that don't stick out to far but they don't fit the hole spaceing of my MAK

Member #
    Liked
    555 times
    After reading what you just wrote, are you talking about side or under folders?

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Side folder

Member #
    Liked
    555 times
    Thanks, I was thinking underfolder until you mentioned Romanian.

The Chinese receivers are thicker than Romanian, so you would have to do a lot of filing or dremeling the stock to get it to slide into place. As you describe, the hole spacing is different between the Chinese tang and the Romanian. You can either slot the holes in the tang so that they line up, or weld them shut and re-drill to align with the holes in the folder. My suggestion is that with the Chinese rifles skyrocketing in value, that anything you do that is permanent be done to the folding stock and not the rifle itself. Of course it is your rifle, so it is purely up to you how far you want to go.

The Chinese side folder has it's own trunion and is pretty much permanent unless you want to cut rivets, so there is no tang to worry about. The Europeans did a nice job on their rifles of making a side folder that was interchangeable with the fixed stock.

JRW

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Try turbothis (mygunsnorthwest) he made some angle back rear blocks for customers and might make one.

Here is a link to his page,
    chinese type 56 under folder rear trunion/cap - $85.00 : My Guns Northwest, Firearms Manufacturing

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    what I'm looking to do is add a block to the back of my receiver, not cut the tang, and add a Triangle or Galil type side folder that folds on the charging handle side.

Sponsors