Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Polytech Legend AK-47/S (HELP)

So, I recently acquired a Polytech Legend AK-47/S from a guy who claims that this is original however, I own many Polytechs and I've looked at hundreds and I've never seen one like this. I have attached a few photos in this thread to better explain why I'm unsure if this is authentic or if someone configured it this way.

The serial number is 10520 (520) and it's a all matching numbers AK.
    This particular Polytech has a leather sling with the Chinese star stamped into the leather as well as 2 leather sling mount attachments w/ the Chinese star stamped into them. One around the top hand guard gas block and the second around the stock. Also, the right side of the stock is stamped with the serial number and Chinese star in the wood. The owner said he had called Polytech once before and someone said it was the real deal, however, I've also sent Chloe Keng an email for some clarification if possible but I've yet to hear back from her after 2 weeks.

If this particular Polytech came this way, can anyone tell me approximately how many were imported this way? Does the value increase because of this? Either way, I love the look and that is is one of the reasons I purchased it.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated and thanks for your time.
    Last edited by jmanrogers; 12-29-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I'm going to say someone has messed with the rifle based on the cut out in the selector lever. To my knowledge the Chinese never offered a selector with a cutout to be used as a BHO. Nor did they serialize a stock with a number font that large.
    " Oh yeah, they're ready for somebody....They're not ready for us" - Snakedoc

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks 56type. I was aware of the selector lever. Have you have ever seen a leather sling or sling buckles like this before?

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    The Sling & Sling Attachment straps are very interesting ,I've never seen such accoutrements but I'm just a Novice Sling Whore . ( I like the Stock Numbers & Star , but hey some purists would belittle it no doubt... BTW If that Rifle had a "Spiker" Front End it would be serious Gun Pron ...
    Last edited by Gator Monroe; 10-18-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    No, someone modified that gun.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmanrogers View Post
    Thanks 56type. I was aware of the selector lever. Have you have ever seen a leather sling or sling buckles like this before?
    I haven't seen anything like that at all. The only way I could see that as being original is if it was a "presentation" type gun given to a US distributor of Chinese rifles. Though once again the cut out in the selector lever was a recent thing done to try to modernize the AK and wasn't even thought of during the time frame the rifles were originally being imported. If it were mine I would swap out the selector lever for an uncut one and start looking for a buttstock to match the rest of the wood. I would also take the sling off due to the possibility of it polishing the finish off of the gas tube due to the way it attaches. Basically I would bring it back to original condition....
    " Oh yeah, they're ready for somebody....They're not ready for us" - Snakedoc

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotdorn View Post
    No, someone modified that gun.
    I agree, but a very sexy mod. I also agree an underfolding spiker would look very nice on it.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    That rifle has been HEAVILY modified.
    I would suggest you sell it and not be the owner of such a horrendous piece.
    Modification of that sort is a slap in face of purist owners such as myself.
    I propose you send me your info so that I can promptly send you payment and take that awful looking rifle off your hands.
    Yes, I know how to dispose of such butchered/bubbaed rifles.
    You can thank me later.
    Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?

I work hard because many on welfare (tax exempt corporations such as Citigroup, Bank(rupting) of America, Caterpillar, Pfizer, Google, Verizon, ....... ) depend on me.
    Dont believe it?!? Look it up! Damned corporate loopholes!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I appreciate you volunteering to take this off my hand, but it wouldn't be fair to stick you with such a "horrendous piece". It's safe and secure and tucked away in a nice spot right now.

I knew had to have been modified, but the mods were so unique that when I saw it, I had to have it. A spiker would really set this off, but I'm inclined to leave it just the way it is. Besides
    I already have a spiker.

I'll thank you now, because you were the only one willing to help me out! haha

Quote Originally Posted by AK1776UNION View Post
    That rifle has been HEAVILY modified.
    I would suggest you sell it and not be the owner of such a horrendous piece.
    Modification of that sort is a slap in face of purist owners such as myself.
    I propose you send me your info so that I can promptly send you payment and take that awful looking rifle off your hands.
    Yes, I know how to dispose of such butchered/bubbaed rifles.
    You can thank me later.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like the way it looks, it's unique.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    polytech legend owner here:

I'd remove those 2 weird leather things on the gas tube and the buttstock immediately: they look idiotic and i cant imagine the purpose unless you want to display it and never shoot it: could it of been hanging up on display in some gun museum?
    i really like the sling
    the rifle looks authentic although i'd need a much closer detailed image of the barrel and some of the other parts

what the hell did they do to that buttstock? I kind of do and don't like it...Isn't that 520 a marking seen on trench art yugo AK's ? Anyway, you might be able to still find some legend furniture to replace that Frankenstein stock, etc.. but it's not going to be easy ...you might have to preform a sex act etc... (IMHO as long as the gun is authentic it's still a keeper...it appears to be near mint condition)

let the force be with you on your quest & good luck (even if you like the stock it might be a good idea to have a replacement if you can get ur hands on one)
    Last edited by AngryAndy; 11-04-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    The Slant brake is also kinda "Meh" and i'm thinkin a muzzle nut like a "Type 56" would be more apropos...

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Il take it! >Polytech Legend AK-47/S
    Oh sorry. I thought this was the want to sell section. :-P

The piece is unique. If I already had a spiker as Jman mentions, Id leave as is. Afterall, why would he want to make it look like all the other one can get ones hands on?!?
    The slings add to its uniqueness. Id leave them on. It may look better with the regular muzzle nut, but thats just imho.
    I tried my swindle technique so I can get my hands on it but that didnt work.
    Il have to try on next member. Haha.
    Last edited by AK1776UNION; 11-05-2013 at 05:39 AM.
    Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?

I work hard because many on welfare (tax exempt corporations such as Citigroup, Bank(rupting) of America, Caterpillar, Pfizer, Google, Verizon, ....... ) depend on me.
    Dont believe it?!? Look it up! Damned corporate loopholes!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Gator and AK, I just recently acquired a OEM Polytech Muzzle nut and I put it on the rifle. One of the members here was able to supply me with one. I agree w AK, why take it back to original, I have them already in original configuration. Think I'll leave the sling, straps and receiver lever w/ bho cut out on this one. Thanks for all the kind words, I'm happy with it as it is.

I asked Chloe Keng at Polytech about the AK and sling etc, but haven't heard back from her yet. Been a month and I probably won't hear back.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAndy View Post
    polytech legend owner here:
    I'd remove those 2 weird leather things on the gas tube and the buttstock immediately: they look idiotic
    I agree. I would remove them and replace the slant brake with a muzzle nut. Aside from that, I would leave everything else "as is". Its a unique Type 3 Chicom that will continue to raise the eye brows of Chicom enthusiants.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors