AK Rifles banner

Lower tang on an SLR-95

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AKBLUE 
#1 ·
I've got a lead on an SLR-95 that has been converted into a post-ban configuration (i.e. no thumbhole). It does not have the lower tang on it. I've heard that there are issues with not having the lower tang but I'm a little clear on exactly what they are. Would it be necessary/advisable to have the lower tang installed?

#2 ·
buzz_knox said:
I've got a lead on an SLR-95 that has been converted into a post-ban configuration (i.e. no thumbhole). It does not have the lower tang on it. I've heard that there are issues with not having the lower tang but I'm a little clear on exactly what they are. Would it be necessary/advisable to have the lower tang installed?
Well Ironwood has a stock part that will make up for the lack of a lower tang. You can buy a lower tang and rivet it on. It can break off with a stock ment for a upper and lower tang. Breaking it off would suck IMO. I am sure some people will post about how they would just weld it back together. Do it right the first time is what I say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.