AK Rifles banner

Bulgarian Arsenal Markings

24K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  temecula 
#1 ·
What are all of the different Bulgarian Arsenal Markings?

I have seen double circle 10, double circle 21, and single circle 25.

How many factories are there?

Thanks.

#3 ·
Templar said:
((10)) is the only marking for Arsenal Bulgaria.

The other #'s are for Bulgarian companies that supply the Bulgarian military.
Oh, ok.

Is there many more companies than the ones I listed? It would be neat to see a current list of all the companies that supply the Bulgarian Military....at least magazine wise.

Thanks.

#5 ·
Here are the ones I know about:

10 Factory 10 - Kazanlak

11 VMZ - Sopot

12 Sredetz - Sofia

14 ???

21 and 27 NITI Kazanlak - it is the former research and development branch of Arsenal (“NITI” stands for Science, Research, and Technology Engineering). On Arsenal’s privatization NITI remained a separate state-owned company.

22 ELOVITZA - Gabrovo

25 Optiko Elektron - Panagiurishte

33 and 20 ARCUS - Lyaskovetz

46 DUNARIT - Ruse

58 ???

61 MECHANICS & ASSEMBLY – Sevlievo (in liquidation)

233 TEREM - Kostenetz

#9 ·
Finally found more info in Factory 21 in Bulgaria!

21 NITI Kazanlak - it is the former research and development branch of Arsenal (“NITI” stands for Science, Research, and Technology Engineering). On Arsenal’s privatization NITI remained a separate state-owned company.

#12 ·
stoyan79: Great info, thanks! I have incorporated the info about NITI Kazanlak into my 5.45 Magazine Guide.

How 'bout we also post pics of the marks we're talking about? I'm familiar with the Code 10, 21 and 25, of course, but have never seen many of the others listed.

#13 ·
As far as I know, these are the only Bulgarian factories that made mags. The recently imported mags are made by somebody else in Bulgaria, but nobody from my Bulgarian connections knows by who???

Shooter521 said:
stoyan79: Great info, thanks! I have incorporated the info about NITI Kazanlak into my 5.45 Magazine Guide.

How 'bout we also post pics of the marks we're talking about? I'm familiar with the Code 10, 21 and 25, of course, but have never seen many of the others listed.

#15 ·
Re:

stoyan79 said:
Just found more info about the recently imported mags from Bulgaria. They are made by ISD Bulgaria - the same guys that are making the recent AK import SSR-85.

http://www.isd-bg.com/
By recently imported, do you mean the non-mil spec Bulgarian Bullet mags that were introduced 1-2 years ago?

#16 ·
Here are three of the more common Arsenal marks; Factory 10, Factory 21, and Factory 25.

#19 ·
I found an AK 74 built on a Nodak receiver not an NDS marked one but one I had never seen before the font was much smaller that is on my bulgy 74.
The trunnion mark was circle 21 and had cyrillic lettering. A and the N looking one next to it.
It had the triangle folding stock.

#21 ·
It was posted no picture taking while in the show but I didn't have my cell on me to take a pic.
I wish I had a pic so I could do some research on it and find out what it was.
I had never seen those kind of markings before and I only knew of circle 10 so it stuck me as odd.I have
his business card so maybe he can email me a pic of it I can try anyway because I'm curious as to what year it is as well.

#23 ·
I really don't know, but the sling it is on looks like it might be Hungarian in origin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.