AK Rifles banner

Donka's Mini Range Report: Das Classic

874 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Zane Zackerly 
#1 ·
I took out the Classic for a short 60 round function test. She performed like a champ :animak:

I ran: 20 rounds of Brown Bear
20 rounds of Wolf Black Box FMJ
20 rounds of Wolf Black Box HP's

I put all 20 Brown Bear and 10 Wolf FMJ's in the waffle mag and the rest of the ammo in a Hungarian Steel 30rnder.

I prefer the steel mags over the waffles but the waffle worked wonderful as expected.

I fired the first mag (waffle) slow and squeezed the trigger with each shot and the second mag was more of a rapid fire test.

All in all, the rifle is absolutely everything I hoped it would be. Well, time to clean her up and back in the safe she goes :grin:

#3 ·
Zane Zackerly said:
You don't mention the sights. Mine was pretty right on without adjustment.

How about yours?
The sights were excellent. The only time I didn't hit exactly center of the target was during rapid fire (but that was expected).

#9 ·
Redfisher said:
How about the trigger?

Was it single or 2-stage?

thanks for the feedback.
Two Stage. :smile:

#10 ·
I posted pics of the first Classic I received on another post in the Bulgarian section. This is the second Classic I got since the Vector Milled I am waiting for is taking way too long and is not guaranteed to come through. Here are the old pics. When I get some time I will try to get some more pics.

One thing though, the Classic looks even better in natural light IMO.

Here they are though.

#13 ·
Templar said:
That last pic is Mike_F's Firing Line build, probably ought to credit it.
I've had a lot of these pics on my hard drive for so long I couldn't even tell you what website it came from.

Shameless AK pic pirate I am. ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Last night I hand functioned a Bulgarian bolt carrier that was left with the grey parkerizing (no black paint). I don't think I'll polish it, but it does lend to the 1950's look. I just can't decide if I like it or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.