AK Rifles banner

New Arsenal SLR104-31 Question.

894 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AZAK 
#1 ·
Hello...1st time poster and new to the AK world. AR platforms are my gig but decided to try another form of rifle. I have several friends that own AKs but none own an Arsenal. My question has probably been on the board in the post but instead of looking ill start one again. I received my SLR104-31 today and noticed that the front sight post...not the whole tower but just the post is not centered but off to the left just a hair. Is this normal with them and if not instead of sending it back could an AK builder fix without much problem. The rifle is very nice and im looking forward to shooting the piss out of it but just wanted to find out about this issue. Also are there any wooden Bulgarian handguards out there that id fit without chopping up to fit. Thank you all for your time.

#4 ·
So.....are you feeling your ass with just one hand? Or both? LOL!
Why your SLR-104 came out of the box with the front sight post drifted to the left? From the test firing at Arsenal no doubt. You may find that you can't zero the rifle......in which case the front or rear sights are canted. My SLR-104FR came out of the box the same way about a year ago. Front sight was canted and I ended up fixing it instead of sending it back. Arsenal CS isn't exactly top notch. You'll find some threads here about this very same subject. I hope yours will zero as is.

#5 ·
Happens all the time. I picked one up recently with a front sight block that was so canted on the barrel that the front sight post couldn't move far enough to bring POA and POI together. Had to pull the pins and move the FSB.

Reactions: Ram Rod
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.