• 1 Post By COMM BLOC
  • 2 Post By MPiKM-72

Thread: blued bulgarian ak-74

Member #
    Liked
    2069 times

blued bulgarian ak-74

anyone ever seen one?
    ive got a kit that i thought the finish looked funny it apparently was blued at some point,
    maybe during a refurb?
    carrier and bolt are still painted and show a fair bit of wear.
    receiver stubs have proofs on them so it isnt a us built one that got cut. saw cuts are shiny in the receiver so it wasnt done after demil.
    yeah i know ths thraed is worthless w/out pics....
    evolixsurf and MPiKM-72 like this.
    07 ffl

Member #
    Liked
    1953 times
    todd told me I asked. orf paid for all new kits and received refurbed ones as you described. my hands were turning orange and swelled up after matching serials with owner jj laying all kits out on floor reading serials matching them few days at a time. the bluing salts were seeping out of em and wax bluing inhibitor or grease and sheetmetal cuts slicing thru my rubber gloves. they tore my hands up pretty bad. 7 semi truck loads of 74 stuff came in all at once. I think todd actually got em from an importer he met at shot show maybe hesse. that's the way bulgys refurbed those. hot immersion blue hastily done except of carrier groups and trig parts on some of em.
    BR7.62, evolixsurf and MPiKM-72 like this.
    life, liberty, pursuit of happiness. write it on the ceiling walls mirror if you have to because it will mock you until you obtain it. learn for your self what evil people have done in secret making you an unhappy unhealthy ill-informed slave. top globalists have become the one true enemy of humanity. most everyone else seeming to be problems are bent to their will creating crisis and social change required for a new ''one world''.

Member #
    Liked
    2069 times
    cool thanks for the reply, i guess ill get the receiver blued to match when i build it then.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.
    07 ffl

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1953 times
    they actually look really neat that way. the finish wears off quickly and they look like a well worn plo kit only in 545. put used bulgy polymer or plum on there and them beater bulgy 74 mags with trench art and you've got something. I took lots a pics of mine at range while back. if I find pics ill post em here. I got the barrel all smokey.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.
    life, liberty, pursuit of happiness. write it on the ceiling walls mirror if you have to because it will mock you until you obtain it. learn for your self what evil people have done in secret making you an unhappy unhealthy ill-informed slave. top globalists have become the one true enemy of humanity. most everyone else seeming to be problems are bent to their will creating crisis and social change required for a new ''one world''.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Photos!??!? I led liked to see a blued bulgy 74!!!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2120 times
    I picked up an AKS74 kit that was finished that way not too long ago. Didn't realize it until it arrived. Let it go because I wanted original paint, but I could see how it would look good as John has described. Kind of wish I'd kept it now, but picked up a factory-built instead that I'm happy with.
    LOOKING FOR: Postban Chicom (squareback) Rifle, '65 EG MPi-KM kit, Soviet and East German AKM Barrels, Soviet AKM U/F Stock Assembly, Polish Milled Receiver Front Stub

I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    2069 times
    same here, i didnt realize it was blued. would rather have had og paint but it is interesting to know they did this.
    actually seems like a pretty odd way to refurb.
    07 ffl

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1122 times
    Just a guess, but the way I understand it, the Bulgarian surplus stuff is exported by 3rd party agencies, not direct by the Bulgarian MOD.

So it might have been a way for the 3rd party company to sell "used" guns as "new">

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2120 times
    I heard something about them getting dumped into an acid bath to remove the paint, then blued.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.
    LOOKING FOR: Postban Chicom (squareback) Rifle, '65 EG MPi-KM kit, Soviet and East German AKM Barrels, Soviet AKM U/F Stock Assembly, Polish Milled Receiver Front Stub

I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    2069 times
    that makes sense, they dont have the look of blasted or polished. kind of like whatever the surface was.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.
    07 ffl

Member #
    Liked
    1953 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    I heard something about them getting dumped into an acid bath to remove the paint, then blued.
    hmmm. the finish was a little unique. strangely there were flakes of paint left on in places that seemed odd to me not having been hit at all with blasting media so that actually makes sense. they were certainly blued by hot immersion bluing salts though. the caustic salts are what I knew best from bluing 40 plus guns at pgs then bumping into real caustic acid soda in rust inhibiting grease again at orf. the immediate distinctly persisting and ever increasing burning sensation, discoloration of hands cuts, fingernails smell was all identical. lol.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1246 times
    I have at least 4 of those poorly refinished AKS-74 kits I bought from ORF. To me the finish resembles the same finish on Romanian rifles.
    Last edited by MPiKM-72; 02-03-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    BR7.62 and COMM BLOC like this.
    Back from the Pecos, TX FLOOD Run and Gun in the Sun - er, RAIN.
    WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    1953 times
    yep. the bulgys just did em so quick they skipped the bcg group and missed chunks of paint under forearms. the bulgys actually left on remnants of rig the romys act like they never used any. the bulgy finish is more durable seems like than late romy blued. like for instance around the bulgy site ears it wears to a nice even finish not a missing finish.

Sponsors